Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Patten Out With Flu ? Hmmm (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=13274)

firstdown 07-31-2006 04:59 PM

Patten Out With Flu ? Hmmm

I read on Redskin.com that Patten might not pratice due to the flu. Does anyone else think that there may be more to this story and he might not be practising because we could be looking to trade him? That's what first came to mind when I saw the article. Practice has started!!!!

offiss 07-31-2006 05:02 PM

Re: Patten Out With Flu ? Hmmm

Trading him wouldn't be out of the question, but sitting him out during training camp after a dismal season last year would't be the way to go about it, other scouts have to see he's at full strength and his drop off last year was because of his injury, that wont happen if he's out of the lineup.

gibbsisgod 07-31-2006 05:03 PM

its just one practice. as long as he is doing classroom work and that kind of stuff i am not too worried...... yet.

steveo395 07-31-2006 05:39 PM

maybe he actually has the flu...

skin4Life28 07-31-2006 05:56 PM

he's been in the league for a long time. he's been through charlie weis's offense. basically he just needs to learn the terminlogy.

SmootSmack 07-31-2006 06:00 PM

[QUOTE=steveo395]maybe he actually has the flu...[/QUOTE]

why you always gotta be the controversial one here? Maybe when you turn 2 you'll show some maturity. Maybe he has the flu...what kind of nonsensical drivel is that?

superskins 07-31-2006 06:05 PM

[QUOTE]why you always gotta be the controversial one here? Maybe when you turn 2 you'll show some maturity. Maybe he has the flu...what kind of nonsensical drivel is that?
[/QUOTE]

you tell him!

RedskinPete 07-31-2006 06:10 PM

Is there any reason to think he dosen't have the flu? Someone needs to establish that he dosen't have the flu for there to be some big thing! He has the flu.....so live with it! The team web site said as much as did Gibbs!

FRPLG 07-31-2006 06:36 PM

This is a joke thread right? There hasn't actually been a discussion like this?

vaoutlaws2006 07-31-2006 06:40 PM

trade david patten...what are you going to get taylor jacobs? LOL

That Guy 07-31-2006 06:45 PM

huh? maybe it's just the flu. i wouldn't read so much into it.

mike sellers getting carted off the field today is much worse.

love them hogs 07-31-2006 07:34 PM

I just read at redskins.com that the sellars thing "appears" to be cramps.There was not a full story just one sentence in the first day blog.

Pocket$ $traight 07-31-2006 07:42 PM

[quote=That Guy]huh? maybe it's just the flu. i wouldn't read so much into it.

mike sellers getting carted off the field today is much worse.[/quote]

Heat related. No big deal.

That Guy 07-31-2006 07:51 PM

[quote=Grim21Reaper]Heat related. No big deal.[/quote]

cool, he is a big dude, so it figures.

Paintrain 07-31-2006 07:55 PM

With Brian Finneran out in Atlanta for the year, maybe it's time to look at dealing Patten or Jacobs there for a 3rd or 4th round pick..

That Guy 07-31-2006 08:04 PM

who's going to give a 3rd or 4th for jacobs? maybe a 6th or 7th. he's not a starter though (at least not from anything he's shown, and a bit whiny too).

and patten is worth more to us as depth than a pick next year. i'm not sure we could even get a 4th for him either, since once its known that he's being shopped, teams will assume he'll just be cut anyways.

saden1 07-31-2006 08:07 PM

According to a government report given to senior members of congress, it appears that David M. Patten was abducted by aliens early Monday morning around 4 am while driving to Redskins Park. The story hasn't been fully confirmed yet but all indications point to an alien abduction having taken place and that Patten was a likely victim.

SmootSmack 07-31-2006 08:11 PM

[QUOTE=saden1]According to government a report given to senior members of congress, it appears that David M. Patten was abducted by aliens early Monday morning around 4 am while driving to Redskins Park. The story hasn't been fully confirmed yet but all indications point to an alien abduction having taken place and that Patten was a likely victim.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that LaVar Arrington will be commenting on this from Giants camp. Any truth to that rumor Saden?

gibbsisgod 07-31-2006 08:56 PM

[quote=Paintrain]With Brian Finneran out in Atlanta for the year, maybe it's time to look at dealing Patten or Jacobs there for a 3rd or 4th round pick..[/quote]nobody is going to give a 3rd or a 4th for a practice squad player(jacobs). i mean lets be honest, that is all he is good for anyway!

gibbsisgod 07-31-2006 08:57 PM

[quote=TAFKAS]I've heard that LaVar Arrington will be commenting on this from Giants camp. Any truth to that rumor Saden?[/quote]la will be covering every thing that concerns the redskins all year long.

MightyJoeGibbs 07-31-2006 09:01 PM

Patten not at camp-there were a few absences among the team. Jacobs- did not impress at camp.

SmootSmack 07-31-2006 09:03 PM

[QUOTE=gibbsisgod]la will be covering every thing that concerns the redskins all year long.[/QUOTE]

And the War in Iraq, rising gas prices, stem cell research, Jarred Jeffries and the Knicks, chaos theory, anti-matter, the new season of Prison Break, and so on and so on.

saden1 07-31-2006 09:08 PM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]I've heard that LaVar Arrington will be commenting on this from Giants camp. Any truth to that rumor Saden?[/QUOTE]

My sources tell me that LaVar was a likely target though he opted to pay roughly $4 million dollars not to be abducted. It's unfortunate that some people would pay these aliens rather than sucking it up and sticking it through the tough times. America is morally decaying folks. The stench will eventually catch up to us and god shall have his vengeance.

gibbsisgod 07-31-2006 09:15 PM

[quote=saden1]My sources tell me that LaVar was a likely target though he opted to pay roughly $4 million dollars not to be abducted. It's unfortunate that some people would pay these aliens rather than sucking it up and sticking it through the tough times. America is morally decaying folks. The stench will eventually catch up to us and god shall have his vengeance.[/quote]thats pretty funny!! take a bow saden!!

That Guy 07-31-2006 09:43 PM

[quote=gibbsisgod]nobody is going to give a 3rd or a 4th for a practice squad player(jacobs). i mean lets be honest, that is all he is good for anyway![/quote]

too many years in the league, so he's not even able do that.

724Skinsfan 07-31-2006 09:48 PM

Salave'a was also curiously out: for family reasons...package deal? Hmmm

gibbsisgod 07-31-2006 09:51 PM

[quote=724Skinsfan]Salave'a was also curiously out: for family reasons...package deal? Hmmm[/quote]i saw that. i am not to concerned about it though, he shows up to play on gameday and he brings his A game every play. JS is a beast.

jamf 08-01-2006 12:54 AM

I hear patten has the asian bird fru. Flu... Damn I i caught it too :(

TheMalcolmConnection 08-01-2006 08:35 AM

[quote=TAFKAS]And the War in Iraq, rising gas prices, stem cell research, Jarred Jeffries and the Knicks, chaos theory, anti-matter, [I][B]the new season of Prison Break[/B][/I], and so on and so on.[/quote]

August 27th!

ArtMonkDrillz 08-01-2006 09:02 AM

[quote=724Skinsfan]Salave'a was also curiously out: for family reasons...package deal? Hmmm[/quote]
He was out because his mother just passed away. I think his dad recently passed too. I feel bad for the guy.

MTK 08-01-2006 09:11 AM

Didn't his Dad die last year in camp?

ArtMonkDrillz 08-01-2006 09:13 AM

That sounds about right. Or maybe it was during mini-camp.

SmootSmack 08-01-2006 10:58 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]August 27th![/QUOTE]

Umm....August 21st Sucre

SmootSmack 08-01-2006 10:59 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Didn't his Dad die last year in camp?[/QUOTE]

I remember James Thrash's father passed away last year, didn't know JS' had also.

MTK 08-01-2006 11:08 AM

[quote=TAFKAS]I remember James Thrash's father passed away last year, didn't know JS' had also.[/quote]

Yeah I thought I remembered him being excused for a death in the family at some point last year.