Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Playbook (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Not a big fan of "DC sports" (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=13339)

hooskins 08-01-2006 04:35 PM

Not a big fan of "DC sports"

I really do not like the new section "DC sports" it seems like the parking is becoming like other forums, with too many divisions. I understand the idea is to try to keep it organized, but I think it is overdone. I like to go to the Parking Lot and dicuss general non-football topics, and it is nice to see those topics next to each other, so I can easily navigate. Now with this DC sports thing, it just creates extra crap(sorry could not find a better word) I have to go through. Besides threads about the World Cup and Zidance, are put into the DC United category, which is incorrect. I understand the idea behind it, but I think the site would be better if it was changed back to how it was before.

MTK 08-01-2006 06:38 PM

Re: Not a big fan of "DC sports"

Sorry but the parking lot is just becoming too crowded with stuff from all over the map, I figured making an alternate sports section would help sort things out a bit more, since we tend to talk alot of sports around here (go figure).

Give it a chance. Most people don't like change, but I think this is for the best.

FRPLG 08-01-2006 08:02 PM

The Ego speaks.

cpayne5 08-01-2006 09:03 PM

One extra click ain't gonna kill ya.

That Guy 08-01-2006 11:28 PM

i'm not sure there's enough interest for seperate forums for each team (vs a general DC sports forum) unless you're trying to expand out into those segments.

either way i can live with it just fine.

hooskins 08-02-2006 08:26 AM

[quote=That Guy]i'm not sure there's enough interest for seperate forums for each team (vs a general DC sports forum) unless you're trying to expand out into those segments.

either way i can live with it just fine.[/quote]

I think that is what I am trying to say as well, but whatever.

MTK 08-02-2006 09:29 AM

I think by seperating them and putting a "spotlight" on them, it can create more interest.

Maybe I'm just wrong and have no idea what I'm doing. We'll see.

gibbsisgod 08-02-2006 09:30 AM

why not put it to a vote?

724Skinsfan 08-02-2006 09:34 AM

[quote=gibbsisgod]why not put it to a vote?[/quote]

:lol:

....Oh! You're serious?

hooskins 08-02-2006 09:48 AM

[quote=gibbsisgod]why not put it to a vote?[/quote]

Yeah why not a vote? I personally like that idea, and I am seriously about it too. I mean I would rather have it as onecategory for "Other Sports", rather than one for DC united, one for the Nats, etc.

BrudLee 08-02-2006 09:51 AM

Maybe, just maybe, when the season starts, we won't care about this, and the posts will go from 20% Locker Room to 90% Locker Room - which is the way it ought to be.

MTK 08-02-2006 09:53 AM

sure let's vote

ArtMonkDrillz 08-02-2006 09:57 AM

I voted for the more general "other sports" forum, but I have no reason why. That's how I roll.

SmootSmack 08-02-2006 09:58 AM

Can we have a separate forum for polls please, and then subdivide that into football and non-football related?....<<runs and hides>>

hooskins 08-02-2006 10:00 AM

BTW Matty, by suggesting this I do not mean it in a bad way. It is just what I thought, and I thought some other people on the site would as well. In the end it is up to you guys on how the site should be setup, so if you feel it is the right move then go with it. I am just trying to be constructive and all that junk.