Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Ramsey-LaVar sitcom thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=13368)

ArtMonkDrillz 08-02-2006 10:13 PM

The Ramsey-LaVar sitcom thread

After the Washington Redskins killed their life long dreams of becoming NFL superstars, LaVar Arrington and Patrick Ramsey have decided to turn to the world of show buisness to make their respective names. The only problem is, after having their sense self esteem crushed under the uncaring boot of Joe Gibbs they need help coming up with ideas for their television show.

Any ideas?

SmootSmack 08-02-2006 10:19 PM

Re: The Ramsey-LaVar sitcom thread

I liked your first idea. I'm still laughing too hard to come up with any ideas of my own yet.

I think my next sig may just be coming from this thread

ArtMonkDrillz 08-02-2006 10:22 PM

I was going to make a horrible joke about the two of them trying to gang rape someone in the showers, but their self confidence was too low for them to be "manly" so they had to call it quits. I don't know, would that have gone too far?

ArtMonkDrillz 08-02-2006 10:24 PM

For those not "in the know," this is the first idea, as presented in the Ramsey sucks it up for the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets....

They should star in a sitcom together. They could be sent to prison for a crime they didn't commit. Every week they find themselves in another whacky situation that someone else got them in.
For example, in one episode they could try to make a batch of sweet sweet toilet schnapps only to have it blow up in LaVar's face. Ramsey could say, "well it would have worked if Slippery Pete had told me how to make it right." Then LaVar would say, "cell block D never really wanted, I think the infirmary will be much better."
I'm low on ideas right now, but you get the picture.

724Skinsfan 08-02-2006 10:30 PM

Oh no! You didn't...yes you did! AMD comes thru once again. I'm not an original thinker but a revisionist.

[I]Patrick, Pierce and Lavar on a routine training camp
Met the Greeeaaatest Head Coach ever knooown
Hiiiiigh upon egos, He struck their tiny careers
And flushed them down deep below

To the Laaaa-aaand of New York!
To the Laaaa-aaand of New York!
To the Laaaa-aaand of New York!\

ROOOAAARRRR!!!
[/I]

ArtMonkDrillz 08-02-2006 10:33 PM

hahahaha, I set 'em up, you knock 'em down

SmootSmack 08-02-2006 10:34 PM

You guys make me laugh. That's nice. I like to laugh

Schneed10 08-02-2006 10:34 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz]I was going to make a horrible joke about the two of them trying to gang rape someone in the showers, but their self confidence was too low for them to be "manly" so they had to call it quits. I don't know, would that have gone too far?[/quote]

Only if Laveraneus Coles was their target.

ArtMonkDrillz 08-03-2006 08:16 AM

someone [I]always[/I] has to go and ruin a good thing.

Quickly changing the topic.

How about this: Ramsey and LaVar decide that they really do love the fans in DC and they want to play for them, but they obviously can't play for the Skins because of the really mean coaching staff. So where do they turn? THE D.C. DIVAS!!!! The pair don their best drag outfits and decide to make a run for the Estrogen Bowl (?).
It would be like Bosom Buddies mets Playmakers.

12thMan 08-03-2006 08:33 AM

I'll get in on this when I have time!!!

TheMalcolmConnection 08-03-2006 08:47 AM

Perfect Strangers! Patrick gets to play Balkey.

TheMalcolmConnection 08-03-2006 08:48 AM

Or maybe LaVar is on death row for a crime he didn't commit and Patrick decides to rob a bank and go in and break out LaVar.

Jeff Garcia stars as T-Bag.

This would be a great idea for a show.

gibbsisgod 08-03-2006 08:53 AM

go the cartoon route. those digital animation movies are always a huge hit. perhaps lavar and patrick as beavis and butthead?

BrudLee 08-03-2006 08:58 AM

Lavar is a moderately successful athlete who thinks way too highly of his own talents. Despite being a newlywed, he can't say no to his old teammate, who's down on his luck and needs a place to crash. I give you...

[B]You, Me, and Ramsey[/B]

ArtMonkDrillz 08-03-2006 08:59 AM

[quote=12thMan]I'll get in on this when I have time!!![/quote]

is there some way to write out the Peter Griffin laugh?

12thMan 08-03-2006 09:02 AM

The Break Up.....

Starring LaVar Arrington. Co-Star: Patrick Ramsey.
[I]Also [/I]with Gregg Williams as The mean ass Land Lord!

Two athletes share a condo in NYC while communting via the public transit system to their respective training camps.

ArtMonkDrillz 08-03-2006 09:27 AM

[quote=12thMan]The Break Up.....

Starring LaVar Arrington. Co-Star: Patrick Ramsey.
[I]Also [/I]with Gregg Williams as The mean ass Land Lord!

Two athletes share a condo in NYC while communting via the public transit system to their respective training camps.[/quote]

Each person has a sidekick too. Coles for Ramsey and Pierce for Arrington. Each is charged with making witty little comments and giving smug disapproving looks every now and then.

Monkeydad 08-03-2006 09:48 AM

"Salt and Pepper"

"Norv Turner and the Mooches"

"Back to School (When People Liked Us)"

"Big Man, Little Man"

"Scrambled Sacks"

"The Adventures of Butter Fingers and the Jerk"

"I'll Ice Your Back If You Scratch Mine"

12thMan 08-03-2006 09:55 AM

[quote=Buster]"Salt and Pepper"

"Norv Turner and the Mooches"

"Back to School (When People Liked Us)"

"Big Man, Little Man"

"Scrambled Sacks"

"The Adventures of Butter Fingers and the Jerk"

"I'll Ice Your Back If You Scratch Mine"[/quote]

I think Michael Strahan has landed the leading role in Scrambled Sacks!

mooby 08-04-2006 04:20 AM

nvm.

ArtMonkDrillz 08-04-2006 08:09 AM

{slowly backing away from the computer}

mooby 08-04-2006 02:11 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz]{slowly backing away from the computer}[/quote]

was it that bad lolol?

ArtMonkDrillz 08-04-2006 02:38 PM

I think it just freaked me out because it seemed like you put waaaaayyyy too much thought into their lover affair.

mooby 08-05-2006 12:40 AM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz]I think it just freaked me out because it seemed like you put waaaaayyyy too much thought into their lover affair.[/quote]

Yeah i dunno where i went with that, it started out as something simple, and then i started thinking of those old 50's sitcoms where everything was black and white and it portrayed the little perfect american family, and it grew from there.

ArtMonkDrillz 08-05-2006 02:11 AM

How about this....

LaVar and Ramsey decide to travel around the globe solving problems in order to make up for that piss-poor efforts on the football field. If someone is accused of a crime they use their unique whinning and scapegoating skills to pass the blame to innocent bystanders.

If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...The R&A Team

gibbsisgod 08-06-2006 11:06 AM

How about Mission Impossible?

LaVar and Patrick, your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to break the starting lineup of your respective teams. .....

....your careers will self destruct in two more seasons.

724Skinsfan 08-06-2006 10:19 PM

Two friends down on their luck decide to head to Milwaukee to work at a beer bottling plant. How about the Lavarne and Ramsey show:

[B][I]One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight
Schuler, Westbrook, Desmondhoward incorporated

We're gonna do it!
Give us any check, we'll take it
Give us any hope, we'll break it
We're gonna make our teams feel blue
Doin' it our way.[/I][/B]

MTK 08-07-2006 10:07 AM

[quote=mooby]What about this:

Patrick Ramsey and Lavar Arrington are two gay fathers living in a suburban townhouse trying to cope with the reality that is their life, while trying to raise their illegitimate love-child Taylor Jacobs and dealing with the pressures of their respective training camps. Things come to an all time low after Ramsey gets tired of having to take care of young Taylor all the time, and Lavar is bitching and whining about all the pressures of being the man in the household. Ramsey starts getting all emotional at Lavar while Taylor decides to go play in the street. While Lavar and Patrick are dealing with their issues Taylor almost gets run over by a 3 year old on a tricycle, and comes running back inside crying over his near death experience. Lavar and Patrick put aside their issues for a moment and realize that Taylor is the most important thing to them.

----

On a side note, i went further with that then i wanted to go.[/quote]

I think you need to lay off whatever it is that you're smoking.

:Smoker:

ArtMonkDrillz 08-07-2006 10:20 AM

How about this: Ramsey and LaVar are kicked out of our nation's capital so they hop a train and end up in the big apple. Once there they are adopted by the governor of new jersey and given jobs with NJ's football teams.
When their not missing assignments and receivers on the field they live together in an upscale apartment in Trenton.

The running gag will be that every week Lavar will find a new reason to say, "what'chu talkin' about, Ramsey?"

TheMalcolmConnection 08-07-2006 10:25 AM

The NEW governor of NJ or the old one? If it's the old one, both LaVar and Patrick pose as cabana boys for the governor when they're not pissing off their fanbase.

ArtMonkDrillz 08-07-2006 11:05 AM

oh yeah I forgot about that. It would have to be the old one. They met him at a truck stop late at night.

firstdown 08-07-2006 04:18 PM

They could come up with their own vers of jackass. It would start with Lavar and Pierce dressed up in football uniforms Ramsey in is underwear and they play sack the QB. They would just get running full speed nailing Ramsey. Then they could take Lavars Skins contract and make him actualy read it. Then they could make Pierce stick his toung in the film prejector where he watches all his game film.

mooby 08-07-2006 05:46 PM

alright, i'll try and keep it short and simple this time.

Lavar and Ramsey are two washed up detectives living in New York City who spend all their time trying to figure out who stole Chad Pennington's arm.

ArtMonkDrillz 08-07-2006 05:51 PM

short and simple, i like that.

Ok, Lavar and Ramsey enlist the help of a mad scientist and build football playing robots in their likenesses. They reap the rewards of having robots actually play well in their place, until the robots start killing people on the fields. Its really a court room drama.
Damn, I couldn't keep it short nor simple

BDBohnzie 08-08-2006 11:33 AM

Lavar and Patrick become Gumshoes and try to figure out "Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden?" They visit such far off places like Dar es saleem, Kuala Lumpur and New York following clues.

JWsleep 08-08-2006 11:49 AM

In the spring of 2006 Lavar Arrington was asked to leave his team due to irreconcilable differences. That request came from his coach. He soon moved in with his old friend Patrick Ramsey, who had been kicked out by his coach the year before. Can two football players divorced from their teams live together without driving each other crazy? THE ODD COUPLE.

(Montage of Ramsey desperately cleaning and sanitizing the apartment, picking up dirty socks and half-eaten hotdogs, while Lavar wipes his mustard-stained hands on the couch and smokes a cigar...)