Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/other-sports/)
-   -   I see we won by 45 (http://www.thewarpath.net/other-sports/13397-i-see-we-won-by-45-a.html)

That Guy 08-04-2006 01:19 AM

I see we won by 45

go team USA. looks like we might not suck this year ;)

killer 3rd quarter.

skin4Life28 08-04-2006 02:06 AM

Re: I see we won by 45

simple, his name is Coach K. The man is one of the best coaches ever. Get's the most out of his players regaurdless who it is and its only the first game, they definetly looked good.

That Guy 08-04-2006 04:30 AM

things were even up until part of the second quarter. then PR got tired and coach K subbed in 5 more great players and they continued running the floor.

Seems like it'll be hard to beat the attrition with subs like arenas and chris paul. I don't think any other team will be able to get all stars 3 deep like that. I mean, that depth really is the killer.

ArtMonkDrillz 08-04-2006 08:10 AM

I saw on ESPN's bottom line that Jamison had 16pts. Not too shabby.

TheInspector 08-04-2006 10:14 AM

[quote=skin4Life28]simple, his name is Coach K. The man is one of the best coaches ever. Get's the most out of his players regaurdless who it is and its only the first game, they definetly looked good.[/quote]

Absolutely. As much as I hate Duke, I have the utmost respect for Coach K. He understands that coaching is not all X's and O's...it's about fostering a positive TEAM environment and mentality.

itvnetop 08-04-2006 03:30 PM

Amazing how a bunch of NBA all stars bought into playing defense as hard as they did- Coach K is simply great... I think there was a 31-2 run sometime during the game.

That Guy 08-04-2006 08:05 PM

31-4, but yeah, it was crazy.

PR wasn't doing any favors though. they weren't using much zone defense etc (like they will when the games count). Still, it's a good start.

SmootSmack 08-04-2006 08:19 PM

[QUOTE=TheInspector]Absolutely. As much as I hate Duke, I have the utmost respect for Coach K. He understands that coaching is not all X's and O's...it's about fostering a positive TEAM environment and mentality.[/QUOTE]

This is almost as much a test for coach K as it is for the players. How does he feel about coaching pro players, can he handle it, what impression will he leave on GMs around the league?

I'm not saying he's leaving Duke but I think he's using this as a test to see how serious he might be about making a jump to the NBA

That Guy 08-04-2006 08:47 PM

coach K seems to really like bringing in motivational speakers and such.

dmek25 08-04-2006 08:56 PM

this is almost like preseason football, these games dont mean a whole lot. once that run starts, like thatguy said, the zone comes into play. then we will see if the us team is for real. i do think that this team has a much better mix of players. not just an all star team. their depth could be the key. good analysis thatguy

Monkeydad 08-08-2006 11:54 AM

[quote=dmek25]this is almost like preseason football, these games dont mean a whole lot. once that run starts, like thatguy said, the zone comes into play. then we will see if the us team is for real. i do think that this team has a much better mix of players. not just an all star team. their depth could be the key. good analysis thatguy[/quote]

Actually the games do have meaning. The winner of the tournament gets an automatic spot in the Olympics and won't have to qualify later. This USUALLY isn't a problem for USA Basketball, but we saw what happened last time.

We dominated when we only used college players...