Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Post-Scrimmage Presser on Redskins.com (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=13430)

SmootSmack 08-05-2006 02:41 PM

Post-Scrimmage Presser on Redskins.com

You can watch Gibbs talk live now. I'm sure it will be archived soon as well

SmootSmack 08-05-2006 02:58 PM

Re: Post-Scrimmage Presser on Redskins.com

Well I didn't catch all of it, but some things he said:

-Lumsden looks very quick out there. Danny Smith likes him for special teams, feels he could fill some key roles there. There hasn't been a practice yet where he hasn't caught someone's eye.

-Mike Espy, another player who has impressed this week. Has made some good plays. Gibbs hasn't had a chance to watch him in as much detail as some of the other coaches.

-Sean Taylor flashed today and made some plays. At this point he appears to be "rockin and rollin"

-Thought Derrick Frost looked good. Has no question about John Hall (although I hear he was just 1 for 3 on FGA today). But Gibbs says he's not worried about him.

-Thought Campbell did some good things goday, and did a few things they'd like to have back. Said Campbell and Bill Lazor have worked all off-season on JC's footwork, trying to shorten his stride to improve his timing.

-No decision has been made yet on a backup QB.

-Overall, felt the team as a whole has a long ways to go across the board. Need to work on timing and get to a point where they are smooth. Felt they looked pretty rough out there today.

SKINSnCANES 08-05-2006 03:10 PM

I cant find it on redskins.com

what was the score?

SmootSmack 08-05-2006 03:16 PM

I don't know what the score was, but Gibbs' press conference is the top video (right hand side of home page, under "Today's Featured Redskins Videos")

SmootSmack 08-05-2006 03:48 PM

By the way, for those wondering, Redskins went with the white-on-white uniforms today.

huntz 08-05-2006 04:20 PM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]By the way, for those wondering, Redskins went with the white-on-white uniforms today.[/QUOTE]

Happy to hear that. Anybody hurt today??

hooskins 08-05-2006 04:24 PM

I dont know if this is the correct thread to discuss the scrimage, but guys Cambell looked really bad. Like all his passes fell really short, and Brunell looked much better. Collins always when with the 3 yard outs, so he wasnt doing to well either. ST was on fire, and he was destroying people including Mike Anderson. In general though, our offense did not look good at all, and defense looked really good.

On a side note I was right under where Larry Michael was broadcasting the scrimage. A fight broke out right in front of us, and people were punching and the cops had to come in, it was crazy. As I was leaving I saw some thuggish guy in the face of a cop talkin shit, saying "take me to jail", and another guy was getting arrested. Pretty crazy.

hooskins 08-05-2006 04:25 PM

[quote=huntz]Happy to hear that. Anybody hurt today??[/quote]

Nic Clemons went down, and he had to be helped off while he was limping. Mike Anderson on the other side got destroyed, and he got injuried as well. I left a bit early, so I dont know the rest.

huntz 08-05-2006 04:28 PM

[QUOTE=hooskins]Nic Clemons went down, and he had to be helped off while he was limping. Mike Anderson on the other side got destroyed, and he got injuried as well. I left a bit early, so I dont know the rest.[/QUOTE]

Hope it's nothing serious. Ya never want to see anyone hurt in these srims.

SmootSmack 08-05-2006 04:36 PM

Clemons bruised his knee. Shouldn't be anything major

huntz 08-05-2006 04:40 PM

Thanks for that info. I'll try to catch some of the coverage tonight on NFL Network.

skin4Life28 08-05-2006 05:40 PM

The one thing I'm kinda concerned about is John Hall. Missed 2 fg attempts of 46 yards each. Definetly not gimmies, but man you have to hit those when it matters.

70Chip 08-05-2006 06:03 PM

In Hall's defense he had good distance on all his kicks. He pulled the first two left from about 47 yards. Frost kicked off a couple of times and had good distance ( 2 to 5 yards deep). Lonie, the other punter boomed several in warmups but shanked one during special teams drills.

I thought Brunell looked very sharp in 7 on 7. Campbell less so and in 11 on 11 Campbell looked about a C-. Brunell looks like the unquestioned starter, which we already knew anyway. Somebody observed that Collins always takes the checkdown and it was true today.

Lumsden is that diamond in the rough. Taylor Jacobs failed to get his feet down on one pass. I can't see him making the team. I would have liked to see Brandon Lloyd get some balls. Cooley looked sharp and seems to be Brunell's favorite target in this offense. Fauria looked good as well. At least in 7 on 7 with Brunell (he did not appear in 11 on 11) the offense did not disappoint.

Sean Taylor's hit drew oohs and ahhs.

There were several Dallas fans in attendance, which I find very odd.

I love the first come first serve seating as I was right in front of the owner's box at the 47 yard line. The only other time I've sat there was in the second half of the Spurrier Dallas debacle in the ice. Like everyone else I was impressed with the crowd. The entire lower bowl and club level were nearly filled.

All in all a great day.

[B]P.S. The "score" was Skins 16 Ravens 14 but it's not the same because, for instance there was no PAT on Washington's (Marcus) int return. That and the fact that they didn't keep score.[/B]

BigSKINBauer 08-05-2006 06:43 PM

Sean taylor F...ed up anderson. I mean F...ED UP. That was great to have a hit to cheer about again. I could only say, OH SHIT, SHIIIIIIIIITT. it was rediculous. Looks like the hit he put on in the broncos game last year on bell i think it was. When marcus picked that shit off to the endzone it was no different than a real game. THe crowed ERUPTED. That was right after the sean taylor hit so it was building up. We got a defense chant going strong there because it after the TD the ravens offense stayed on. I saw VERY FEW raven fans. 47,000. Are you kidding me? 47,000?!?! At a freaking scrimmage? best fans in the nfl.

Campbell looked bad. No first team played on offense during the real scrimmage(probably a good idea). Nic clemons got hurt. Jesse is looking great.

COOLEY IS GOING TO BE THE BEST TE IN THE LEAGUE. WATCH THE 7-7 TODAY. WATCH IT. He dropped one but that is ok because every play was to him when he was on the field. Like cooley said, the receivers are pulling the DBs to them and leaving him one on one with LBs. He is now lining up as a true TE making it easier for him to get down field as he starts closer. He is going to destroy LBs this year. Any team with weak LBs is going to be F...ed with our offense because of our running game too. If you have weak DBs it is going to be a blowout to ARE, Moss, and brandon. Cooley is a beast. I don't know what to say. He will be the number 1 TE in the league by the end of the year. No doubt in my mind. well 7-7 is really easy for the offense. No one rushing the QB. But its fine because i saw cooley beat out who was on him.

That Guy 08-05-2006 07:05 PM

thanks for the info guys. i'll be watching on comcast sportsnet at 8pm tonight.

I really do want to see lumsden do well too. the day i went he didn't get a lot of work, and what he did get had some OL issues.