Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   who will be the beat in the NFC east (wr) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=1346)

jasonskin 05-25-2004 03:28 PM

who will be the beat in the NFC east (wr)

Which receiver teadem will have the most receptions and touchdowns in the NFC east.

Toomer/Hilliard
Johnson/Gleen
Owens/Pinkston
Coles/Gardner

Hogskin 05-25-2004 04:05 PM

None of the above. It will be Coles/McCants or Coles/Jacobs.

itvnetop 05-25-2004 05:22 PM

normally, i'd say the G-duo, but they've got no QB and no protection next year... i'ma go with coles and mccants

love them hogs 05-25-2004 06:25 PM

I will go with Coles and McCants.Coles will get all the yards and McCants will haul in the touchdowns.

joethiesmanfan 05-26-2004 07:33 AM

Coles/Gardner/Jacobs/McCants damn what a combination!!!!!!!!!!!

BrudLee 05-26-2004 08:52 AM

Wow. Tough question. Nice topic, Jasonskin.

My gut tells me the Eagles may get the nod. Owens is an eighty catch guy, even in a new offense. With the increased attention, Pinkston will get better looks, and that should make him a sixty catch guy. That puts the Eagles at a minimum of 140.

If Coles gets eighty, I don't know if our offense will support a sixty+ catch receiver. We should spread a little more, with Portis and the H-backs getting their share.

The Giants have too many new pieces to put them near the top, and Shockey and Barber will keep the numbers low.

With the Cowboys current QB situation, and three viable wideouts, I can't see a two receiver tandem getting very high, either.

SkinsRock 05-26-2004 08:53 AM

I'll go with Coles/whoever. I think it will be McCants, but with all the talk of Gardner being supplanted as the #2 WR or being traded, I wouldn't be surprised to see him really step it up this year. Either way, I think our WR tandem will be on the top of the list.

MTK 05-26-2004 12:26 PM

I think Owens could be in for a giant season, it may take a while for him and McNabb to get on the same page, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him snag 90-100 balls and 12-15 TD's. His presence is going to open things up for other guys, perhaps either Pinkston or Mitchell will finally step up.

As for our guys I don't know. Gibbs in the past spread the wealth among the WR's and I expect that will probably happen again. Our leading WR may only have 70-80 catches, but we could easily have 3 guys in the 60-70 range.

SKINSnCANES 05-26-2004 11:17 PM

did McNabb even get 12 TDS last year? He couldnt find the endzone passing to save his life last year. I dont think it will be the Skins if you look at just two receivers. I think we are going to spread it around a lot, Portis will get a lot of receptions, and Cooley might get a few thrown his way.

Id actually say Keyshawn Johnson and whoever is Dallas's number two guy. They had good numbers last year and I dont see them throwing it to anyone other than their top two or three guys.

Overall though our offense will put up the best numbers

Hogskin 05-27-2004 12:01 AM

Canes, great point about the Skins spreading the passes around. That sure is the Gibbs history. But as far as McNabb, don't sell him short. He still has a lot to prove, but I believe he will this year. His low TD total has to be blamed mainly on the receivers. Philly has had one of the worst (if not THE worst) receiving groups in the NFL the past couple years. They don't get open, so it is tough to complete anything, and when a pass IS completed, there are very few yards after the catch. TO should be a huge improvement in both of those areas. He will be double-covered, but is used to that. He should get open a lot, and will be the target for a very high % of McNabb's passes. This "may" help their #2 guy. They are going to score on anyone. Let's hope the Skins can take advantage of the decimated secondary.

SKINSnCANES 05-31-2004 08:26 PM

Hopefully all our DBs that we aquired will be able to match up against them. If we can stop their offense I think we can score on them

Hogskin 05-31-2004 11:29 PM

Canes, yeah - I'm sure with you on that one. Like Philly, I think the Skins will score on anyone and everyone. Their offense looks excellent on paper, once Bugle gets the OL talent performing again.