Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Dallas interested in Lelie (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/13547-dallas-interested-in-lelie.html)

724Skinsfan 08-10-2006 05:23 PM

Dallas interested in Lelie

[url=http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_4159043]DenverPost.com - Brown's preseason ends with surgery[/url]

[I]Self-destruct initiation sequence complete...please evacuate immediately. This team will blow up in 5..4..3..2...[/I]

jdlea 08-10-2006 06:20 PM

Re: Dallas interested in Lelie

A. That's a pretty flimsy statement. "Dallas is interested in acquiring a receiver. Ashley Lelie is one of the top receivers available." They reference absolutely nothing that leads me to believe this is more than pure speculation. For all they know the Boys could be interested in Porter or some old free agent.

B. Are you fucking kidding me? Lelie seems like he takes things personally to me. The whole not being #2 or #3 anymore thing...does he think he could be #1 in Dallas? I don't think he's better than either TO or Terry Glenn right now. Cause, say what you want about him, Terry Glenn will sell out for a ball that would be out of reach for a lot of other guys in this league...much like our boy Brandon Lloyd.

C. Ashley Lelie seems like he has rabbit ears. He pays attention to everything around him and seems to take it to heart. I didn't hear him crying for a trade until they acquired Javon Walker (even though it may have happened or been coming since he won't be #1 as long as Rod Smith is on the team). So, all that makes me believe he's a little sensitive. Now, we're gonna put this guy in a Dallas uniform? The team Bill Parcells coaches? He would eat him for lunch. I'm pretty sure Bill Parcells would call him "she" at least once a week.

superskins 08-10-2006 07:41 PM

so what if dallas gets ashley lelie. (what kind of guys name is ashley) all he can do is run down the sideline and hope that he's open to get the ball. he doent go over the middle at all really. then he has to catch the ball, which i don't think he is the best at doing. slight improvement from the other guys they have behind TO and glenn (SHE). but not much

i agree [B]jdlea[/B]

BigSKINBauer 08-10-2006 09:58 PM

lelie is a great number 3 and with him i think they easily have the best WR corps in the league. Top 3 is beyond anything anyone has. I hope they don't get him or our DBs are going to be seriously challanged. I think our DBs are the best in the league btw.

illdefined 08-10-2006 10:41 PM

no one needs a WR more than Philly, weird they havent called.

SmootSmack 08-10-2006 10:43 PM

What are the odds though that a Bill Parcells offense can keep three WRs happy? I mean it's rare that two receivers get a lot of looks in a Parcells offense

ArtMonkDrillz 08-10-2006 10:45 PM

I could see philly trying to get porter if the raiders let him seek a trade.

Also, I hate to say it, but reggie brown had two good games against the Skins last season. He could be one of those players that just shows up against the Skins for whatever reason.

SmootSmack 08-10-2006 10:49 PM

Eagles said they have absolutely no interest in Porter....which of course means they're very interested

ArtMonkDrillz 08-10-2006 10:53 PM

I bet they're crossing their greasy fingers that the Skins cut TJ

SmootSmack 08-10-2006 11:13 PM

Darnerien caught a TD pass today!

dmek25 08-11-2006 06:39 AM

comcast philly said the eagles have no interest in porter but are very interested in lelie. i personally dont care where he goes because other than an occasional fly pattern, he sucks. me first players dont last very long in this league( T.O. be the exception)

724Skinsfan 08-11-2006 10:44 AM

I'm not sure what team is willing to take a chance on a guy like Lelie but 1,000 yards @ 20 yards/catch is not something to take lightly. Last year wasn't that bad with 700 yards and a 18 yards/catch average either.

TheMalcolmConnection 08-11-2006 11:06 AM

Yeah, Lelie has come close, if not led, the league in YPC. I don't want any part of him going to Dallas.