Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What Could be worse than an injury to Brunell (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=13562)

Manusky91 08-11-2006 09:00 AM

What Could be worse than an injury to Brunell

[B]-- JIMOH HAS CHEST INJURY[/B]

Cornerback Ade Jimoh suffered a bruised sternum in practice earlier this week and the fourth-year player is expected to miss this Sunday's preseason opener against the Cincinnati Bengals.
Jimoh sustained the injury when he had a collision with running back Rock Cartwright and he got hit in the chest.
It is hoped that Jimoh will be ready by the Aug. 19 preseason game against the New York Jets. Jimoh's sternum injury is not as serious as the one that limited Fred Smoot in 2003, team officials said. Smoot missed one game but he was hindered for several weeks afterward but still managed to play through the pain.

Ade Jimoh Fan Club 08-11-2006 09:08 AM

Re: What Could be worse than an injury to Brunell

OMFG!

This is a f*&king disaster! I hope this report is right and it is not serious. Otherwise, we're a lock for next year's #1 draft pick...

My whole world is crashing down on me - I had no idea that The Ade could be injured. I thought he was the injurer not the injuree. This is crap!

The Ade is a warrior - he'll be back soon.

Manusky91 08-11-2006 09:11 AM

Rule #1, stay low when you tackle, don't take one to the sternum.

Schneed10 08-11-2006 09:12 AM

[quote=Ade Jimoh Fan Club;202408]OMFG!

This is a f*&king disaster! I hope this report is right and it is not serious. Otherwise, we're a lock for next year's #1 draft pick...

My whole world is crashing down on me - I had no idea that The Ade could be injured. I thought he was the injurer not the injuree. This is crap!

The Ade is a warrior - he'll be back soon.[/quote]

LOL

dmek25 08-11-2006 10:09 AM

ajfc, where have you been? your boy jimoh has been getting a few smattering of props from week to week

Ade Jimoh Fan Club 08-11-2006 11:14 AM

[QUOTE=dmek25;202437]ajfc, where have you been? your boy jimoh has been getting a few smattering of props from week to week[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I didn't want to ruin the positive momentum...

I've actually been travelling a lot and swamped at work. No offense, but the last few weeks have been BORING sports wise.

But I'm back and soon, so will The Ade!

Monkeydad 08-11-2006 11:21 AM

I had a severely bruised sternum when some idiot in a Eclipse hit me head-on.

Actually, I have a dent in my chest from it now, so Jimoh's probably not as roughed up as I was, but it's a painful injury. It's tough to breath, hurts to swallow and I kept getting the hiccups after the collision which REALLY REALLY hurt.

Just keep it iced, Ade.

Riggo44 08-11-2006 11:24 AM

[QUOTE=Buster;202455]

I kept getting the hiccups after the collision which REALLY REALLY hurt.

Just keep it iced, Ade.[/QUOTE]
Sorry I know it's really not funny. But that part made me laugh.:cheers

Monkeydad 08-11-2006 11:29 AM

[quote=Riggo44;202457]Sorry I know it's really not funny. But that part made me laugh.:cheers[/quote]

Come over to the right coast and say that to me.

:cheeky-sm:laughing-

Ade Jimoh Fan Club 08-11-2006 12:52 PM

No offense, but I seriously doubt you are a chisseled piece of titanium like our boy The Ade. The Ade can't really be hurt bad, he's just trying to give some of the younger guys some playing time.

It's not like he has to prove himself anymore...

JWsleep 08-11-2006 01:09 PM

AJFC in da house!

Monkeydad 08-11-2006 03:04 PM

[quote=Ade Jimoh Fan Club;202497]No offense, but I seriously doubt you are a chisseled piece of titanium like our boy The Ade. The Ade can't really be hurt bad, he's just trying to give some of the younger guys some playing time.

It's not like he has to prove himself anymore...[/quote]

Who are you, the Ade Jimoh fan club? :cheeky-sm

dmek25 08-11-2006 03:07 PM

it will not be too long until jimoh and chuck norris are mentioned in the same breath

BigSKINBauer 08-11-2006 03:11 PM

Yesterday shawn springs was signing autographs and people were talking to him. Someone about 6 feet away from him down the line said "look at me, look" So shawn looks over. The guy then said, Don't get injured so we don't have to put Ade Freaking Jimoh in and everyone started to laugh. It must have been the way he said it but i had to share. Shawn even laughed a bit but didn't say anything, only nodded his head.

TheMalcolmConnection 08-11-2006 03:11 PM

[quote=Buster;202544]Who are you, the Ade Jimoh fan club? :cheeky-sm[/quote]

I have my guesses.

BDBohnzie 08-11-2006 03:42 PM

In Madden, I put Ade on the trading block...and my best offer was a 6 pack of Schlitz and a bag of pork rinds. I took it...

The Ade is a good backup and knows the system. He'll be back before you know it.

TheMalcolmConnection 08-11-2006 03:46 PM

[quote=BDBohnzie;202584]In Madden, I put Ade on the trading block...and my[B][I] best offer was a 6 pack of Schlitz and a bag of pork rinds.[/I][/B] I took it...

The Ade is a good backup and knows the system. He'll be back before you know it.[/quote]

Damn, looks like you got the better end of that deal.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 08-11-2006 03:46 PM

Although I enjoy the Ade jokes like everyone else on the site, you've got to admit he's a spectacular special teamer. I know many people don't find great special teamers so special, but his ST play has kept him on the roster for several years as an undrafted corner ... which is pretty rare.

Giantone 08-11-2006 03:47 PM

To answer the thread ,

Losing Joe Gibbs as your coach .:)

TheMalcolmConnection 08-11-2006 03:50 PM

I concur Sheriff. Where you been by the way?

Ade Jimoh Fan Club 08-11-2006 04:02 PM

[QUOTE=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;202590]Although I enjoy the Ade jokes like everyone else on the site, you've got to admit he's a spectacular special teamer. I know many people don't find great special teamers so special, but his ST play has kept him on the roster for several years as an undrafted corner ... which is pretty rare.[/QUOTE]

I nominate Sheriff GG for post of the week. Well said...

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 08-11-2006 06:09 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection;202594]I concur Sheriff. Where you been by the way?[/QUOTE]

Busting my butt at work. I have totally neglected everything outside of work for the past 12 weeks. It's good to be back. My typing fingers are in midseason form now.

Pocket$ $traight 08-12-2006 01:39 AM

I believe that I read in the post that Ade is the number 3. That is amazing if you ask me. Kenny Wright was a starting CB for a pretty damn good defense.

GoSkins! 08-12-2006 08:23 AM

[quote=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;202590]Although I enjoy the Ade jokes like everyone else on the site, you've got to admit he's a spectacular special teamer. I know many people don't find great special teamers so special, but his ST play has kept him on the roster for several years as an undrafted corner ... which is pretty rare.[/quote]

He also seems to have taken a step forward in his pass protection last year. He seems to play fairly solid as long as he keeps his guy in front of him. He needs safety help over the top... that is the part he needs to improve.

jdlea 08-12-2006 08:47 AM

[QUOTE=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;202590]Although I enjoy the Ade jokes like everyone else on the site, you've got to admit he's a spectacular special teamer. I know many people don't find great special teamers so special, but his ST play has kept him on the roster for several years as an undrafted corner ... which is pretty rare.[/QUOTE]

You're right, most people do overlook oustanding special teamers. However, I just wanted to point out that I always ink Kato Serwanga on my Madden franchises cause he had one game for the Skins where he went absolutely nuts downing punts and even laid the wood to somebody. Only two problems, that was like 3 or 4 years ago and now he's a Giant...or at least I think he's still a Giant.

Manusky91 08-12-2006 11:56 PM

When I think of great special teamers, I think of Greg Manusky back in the late 80s early 90s. He was always the most excited special teamer I can remember. He used to celebrate every tackle whether or not he made it. I remember seeing him remove his helmet and reveal a mohawk when he first started with the team. Hence the name.

Oakland Red 08-13-2006 12:07 AM

[quote=Ade Jimoh Fan Club;202408]OMFG!

The Ade is a warrior - he'll be back soon.[/quote]

Agreed. It is hard for me to type these words, I am so weighed down by grief. The light of hope for a great season has gone and I dwell in darkness.

But seriously, Ade Jimoh is a fine player, as a backup corner as well as a special teams star. Gregg Williams' coaching has got him into shape and I feel confident with him coming in as a starter.

SmootSmack 08-13-2006 12:31 AM

Due to Mr. Jimoh's recent request, will you be changing your name to Adebolah Jimoh Fan Club?

SmootSmack 08-13-2006 12:35 AM

One of my favorite plays of last season was an unheralded, but really important tackle by Jimoh. When he knocked Fitzgerald for a one-yard loss on the Cardinals final drive. That was awesome and helped seal a crucial victory.

SkinsLove24/7 08-13-2006 12:56 AM

How about the final game vs. Seattle. He was a beast on special teams with 2 big tackles on punt coverage and a forced fumble. He is a keeper.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 08-13-2006 02:50 AM

[QUOTE=jdlea;202694]You're right, most people do overlook oustanding special teamers. However, I just wanted to point out that I always ink Kato Serwanga on my Madden franchises cause he had one game for the Skins where he went absolutely nuts downing punts and even laid the wood to somebody. Only two problems, that was like 3 or 4 years ago and now he's a Giant...or at least I think he's still a Giant.[/QUOTE]

Do you remember how we cut Serwanga, he signed with the Giants, the very first game he played for the G-men was against us, and he forced McCants to fumble on a drive that might have put us in a position to win the game? I only remember because I was incredibly pissed at the time about the fumble.

dmek25 08-13-2006 07:33 AM

what about special teams ace rusty tillman? or mike nelms? or eddie brown? can you tell im old school?

Ade Jimoh Fan Club 08-13-2006 08:52 AM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS;202831]Due to Mr. Jimoh's recent request, will you be changing your name to Adebolah Jimoh Fan Club?[/QUOTE]

Is this for real? The Fan Club was not notified...

Still, I think we'll keep The Ade - it's sounds better than any other variation:

Bolah
DeBol
Aeoa(vowels only?)
or
Blah

Plus, it would be expensive to reprint all of the membership cards and merchandise.

superskins 08-13-2006 09:30 AM

no ade!

gortiz 08-13-2006 10:18 AM

we area screwed . . .
:vomit:

redskinsfanatic 08-13-2006 01:05 PM

i'd say that losing clinton portis for any prolonged injury related time would be just as,if not more catastrohic than losing any other player on the team other than santanna moss!

GTripp0012 08-13-2006 01:27 PM

[quote=redskinsfanatic;202883]i'd say that losing clinton portis for any prolonged injury related time would be just as,if not more catastrohic than losing any other player on the team other than santanna moss![/quote]I think losing Portis would be way more catastrophic than losing Moss.

-EDIT- 12 hours later, I really wish I hadn't said this.

redrock-skins 08-13-2006 01:44 PM

Worse than Brunell?

An injury to Campbell on top of that.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 08-13-2006 04:04 PM

Losing any of our offensive linemen.

SKINSnCANES 08-13-2006 08:29 PM

Portis getting injured making a tackle on a shitty brunell throw.......