Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Coach Gibbs in Daily Devotional (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/1360-coach-gibbs-in-daily-devotional.html)

Sammy Baugh Fan 05-27-2004 09:07 AM

Coach Gibbs in Daily Devotional

As I have said before I am a Christian and know Coach Joe Gibbs is as well. I think we all agree tho that God does not pick Football Teams as best as we can tell so don't be looking for "Angels in the Endzone". But it is good for me to see someone that believes in the same thing as I do come out and say it.

In a Daily Devotional mag we have around the house I found a short article about the Coach and figured I would bring you guys what I find just as you do.
[url]http://www.imagesculptor.com/thewarpath/gibbs_intouch.jpg[/url]
I scanned the two page article and sized it to about 1000 pixels to be readable but it is about 170k in file size.

Have a great day guys!
peace
mike

SKINSnCANES 05-27-2004 09:49 AM

cool, thanks for that.

Shane 05-27-2004 03:04 PM

I like how Coach Gibbs says God wisely puts people in your life for completion rather than competition - that they are there to complement our strengths. We all have strengths and weaknesses - we are meant to live in interdependent relationships, he says.

That makes abundant sense to me, and it is easy to see how his spiritual perspective gives Coach Gibbs a tremendous foundation for all of his work.

Daseal 05-27-2004 08:08 PM

[quote]God wisely puts people in your life for completion rather than competition [/quote]

The Cowboys complete Gibbs?

Sammy Baugh Fan 05-27-2004 08:42 PM

Yes, they make Super Bowls possible...by beating them.

I saw, I scanned, I posted.

peace
mike

SmootSmack 05-27-2004 11:23 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]The Cowboys complete Gibbs?[/QUOTE]

He had me at "counter-trey" (thought I'd throw in a jerry maguire reference, it's been a while since we've seen one on this board)

SKINSnCANES 05-28-2004 12:51 AM

we had some not to long ago when we were talking about all the crap going on with agents. I remember because someone hadnt seen the movie and it turned into one of those threads where someone says something offensive and then everyone jumps on them. I guess we all get a little jumpy after this long playoff drout.

SmootSmack 05-28-2004 01:01 AM

[QUOTE=SKINSnCANES]we had some not to long ago when we were talking about all the crap going on with agents. I remember because someone hadnt seen the movie and it turned into one of those threads where someone says something offensive and then everyone jumps on them. I guess we all get a little jumpy after this long playoff drout.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember that. That's why I felt obliged to point out that it was a Jerry Maguire reference so there was no confusion

ronsmith52 05-28-2004 06:27 AM

Hey Mike,
Great to find another beliver and skins fan. Wanted U to know we're on the same team !
Ronny

SKINSnCANES 05-28-2004 07:08 AM

Welcome ronsmith52. Im sure theres plenty of us on the site that share Giibbs faith. Other than our faith in the Skins I mean ;)

JoeRedskin 05-28-2004 09:09 AM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]Yeah, I remember that. That's why I felt obliged to point out that it was a Jerry Maguire reference so there was no confusion[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmmm..... I wonder who it was that hadn't seen the movie. Probably just some nimwit. (BTW - See how I neatly tie multiple threads into one? - So when do I get to be a moderator? :rofl: ).

Thanks for the heads up smoot. Would want this to become one of "those threads". However, it may be doomed - an article on christianity and Daseal is already posting. I smell thread hell.

Sammy, sorry I really am an idiot. I can't read the mag - it comes out tiny.

Sammy Baugh Fan 05-28-2004 10:37 AM

Joe "Comes out tiny"
?
It should be 1000x773 pixels

peace

Daseal 05-28-2004 05:24 PM

I posted a pun only, everyone knows my thoughts, if not they can head to the off topic section and read about them.

I actually haven't seen Jerry McGuire, but I did get the quote in the other thread! I guess I fall into the nimwit category!

Sammy Baugh Fan 05-28-2004 08:06 PM

I've never watched the movie either.

peace
mike