Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Guys I need your help (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=13676)

Red Robert 08-15-2006 04:50 PM

Guys I need your help

I know this is in the wrong place but I cannot find where it should go.
I am playing Fantasy Football. I had the sixth pick and took Portis. My other RB's are Lamont Jordan and Tatum Bell.

I have been offered L. Betts for Nate Burleson.

If this falls down the board I understand but I was hoping for some input from you guys.

Schneed10 08-15-2006 04:54 PM

Re: Guys I need your help

[quote=Red Robert;204309]I know this is in the wrong place but I cannot find where it should go.
I am playing Fantasy Football. I had the sixth pick and took Portis. My other RB's are Lamont Jordan and Tatum Bell.

If this falls down the board I understand but I was hoping for some input from you guys.[/quote]

This thread will get moved I'm sure, but definitely take that trade in a heartbeat.

Schneed10 08-15-2006 04:54 PM

Because even if Portis plays in week 1, Betts is a valuable handcuff to have for the entire season.

heybigstar 08-15-2006 04:56 PM

Why i think you should do this trade immediately:

1. Insurance for your #1 pick - Portis - if portis goes down, Betts will be a solid fantasy back in al saunders offense. if you dont make the trade, and portis is out for an extended period (which I dont want to happen, but is likely) you have to find another RB.

2. Shaun Alexander is on the cover of madden. Usually the player on the cover (and their teams) have off years when they star on the cover.

3. Since 2000, one of the two superbowl teams has not made the playoffs.
4. Burleson is injury prone.
5. Darrell Jackson is going to be the #1 wideout in Seahawks offense.

Red Robert 08-15-2006 04:56 PM

Thanks schneed, I am thin at reciever, S. Moss, D. Branch, M. Muhammad and Burleson.

I do not want to panic at make a bad move.

GTripp0012 08-15-2006 04:57 PM

I agree with Schneed. WRs are overvalued and I don't expect Burleson to approach his 2004 totals. Pull the trigger.

Eight in the Box 08-15-2006 04:58 PM

Depends how well/fast you think Portis can bounce back from his injury. I understand that betts is valuable as a "handcuff", but Portis rarely misses any time. Burleson could easily be the #1 target in the seahwaks high-powered offense after a couple games and a couple of Jackson's signature drops. Good Luck!

saden1 08-15-2006 04:58 PM

[QUOTE=Red Robert;204309]I know this is in the wrong place but I cannot find where it should go.

If this falls down the board I understand but I was hoping for some input from you guys.[/QUOTE]

Portis will be back. [Don't] take the trade cause Seattle will be firing to Nate Burleson quite a bit since Jackson is hurt right now and probably will get hurt during the season. Also Burleson had 9 TDs couple of years ago, last time I checked Betts hasn't even had that many for his entire career.

Schneed10 08-15-2006 04:59 PM

[quote=Red Robert;204313]Thanks schneed, I am thin at reciever, S. Moss, D. Branch, M. Muhammad and Burleson.

I do not want to panic at make a bad move.[/quote]

Understandable. But the last thing you want is to be shorthanded at RB, which it appears you will be if you're forced to rely on Tatum Bell. I'd rather be thin at WR than thin at RB any day. You can always find some punk WR who will put up solid WR numbers on the waiver wire, even though he may have no business putting up solid WR numbers. Finding a running back on waivers is darn near impossible.

Red Robert 08-15-2006 04:59 PM

[quote=heybigstar;204312]Why i think you should do this trade immediately:

1. Insurance for your #1 pick - Portis - if portis goes down, Betts will be a solid fantasy back in al saunders offense. if you dont make the trade, and portis is out for an extended period (which I dont want to happen, but is likely) you have to find another RB.

2. Shaun Alexander is on the cover of madden. Usually the player on the cover (and their teams) have off years when they star on the cover.

3. Since 2000, one of the two superbowl teams has not made the playoffs.
4. Burleson is injury prone.
5. Darrell Jackson is going to be the #1 wideout in Seahawks offense.[/quote]

Really good input, Thanks again. I am a rookie at this fantasy stuff. By the way are you a Deftones fan?

Red Robert 08-15-2006 05:09 PM

[quote=saden1;204316]Portis will be back. Take the trade cause Seattle will be firing to Nate Burleson quite a bit since Jackson is hurt right now and probably will get hurt during the season. Also Burleson had 9 TDs couple of years ago, last time I checked Betts hasn't even had that many for his entire career.[/quote]

This is what I was thinking as well. I fear my heart is just wanting to believe Portis will be back and may be effecting my thoughts on this. Again really solid argument here. Thanks for the input Saden.

Pocket$ $traight 08-15-2006 06:12 PM

Slow down....

Do not make that trade until you find out if Tatum Bell reclaims the starting spot. The person trading Betts to you knows that he will never have more value than he does right now.

You do not want to trade a starting receiver for a handcuff (I won't rip you for not taking Betts during your draft to begin with....)

Burlson is going to be on one of the best offenses in the league. An offense that certainly potent enough to justify starting both wideouts. Let me put it this way, Burleson is definitely better than Bobby Engram and Engram started in most of the leagues I played in last year.

Red Robert 08-15-2006 06:19 PM

Thanks for the input Grim, I think you argument is the strongest yet. Patience may be my best bet. This offer will likely be there two weeks from now. By then hopefully the Portis and T. Bell situations will be more clear.

Thanks again and your sig. is great by the way. I love that highlight reel.

hooskins 08-15-2006 06:37 PM

Another point, drop T.Bell, he isn't starting, or even number two at Denver. Try to pickup Mike Bell in Denver he is starting. T. Bell isn't starting so he isn't a good pickup.

Pocket$ $traight 08-15-2006 06:43 PM

[quote=hooskins;204342]Another point, drop T.Bell, he isn't starting, or even number two at Denver. Try to pickup Mike Bell in Denver he is starting. T. Bell isn't starting so he isn't a good pickup.[/quote]

Do not listen to any of this. Anyone who drops Tatum Bell should be kicked out of their respective league.

Bell is the number 2 and many speculate that Mike Bell was promoted to motivate him.

Bell showed the ability to put up huge numbers as a backup last year (remember the Redskins game, hooskins????).

Red Robert 08-15-2006 06:47 PM

[quote=hooskins;204342]Another point, drop T.Bell, he isn't starting, or even number two at Denver. Try to pickup Mike Bell in Denver he is starting. T. Bell isn't starting so he isn't a good pickup.[/quote]

Yeah, my draft was before that camp battle took place. I picked up T. Bell late. Unfortunately Mike Bell got picked up by a guy who had C. Martin and made a quick move when Martin went down.

Still not sure that T. Bell may not get the job before it is all said and done in Denver. Thanks for the input Hooskins

hooskins 08-15-2006 06:55 PM

[quote=Grim21Reaper;204345]Do not listen to any of this. Anyone who drops Tatum Bell should be kicked out of their respective league.

Bell is the number 2 and many speculate that Mike Bell was promoted to motivate him.

Bell showed the ability to put up huge numbers as a backup last year (remember the Redskins game, hooskins????).[/quote]

I def do remember that Grim. But you can speculate all you want, but what the coaching staff in Denver and independent reporting has said M.Bell was performing very well in camp. I pesonally would drop T.Bell to pickup a starter on another team, depending on the team.