Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Madden 2007 Countdown (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=13788)

MTK 08-21-2006 11:02 AM

Madden 2007 Countdown

Ok who's got Madden 2007 pre-ordered?

Who's taking time off from work to pick it up, or taking the entire day off to play?

Worse yet, who's picking up their copy tonight at special midnight sales?

illdefined 08-21-2006 11:09 AM

Re: Madden 2007 Countdown

yessir, that'll be me.

pick up my pre-order at 12:30 (let the line die down) and change Cooley to TE will be my first order of my business.

sigh

jbcjr14 08-21-2006 11:43 AM

I don't think I am going to pick up a copy until I hear the people talk about it a little and see what they are saying.

EXoffender 08-21-2006 12:51 PM

Midnight marauder.

BrudLee 08-21-2006 01:02 PM

I'm downloading it tonight. PC rulz!!!!!1

MightyJoeGibbs 08-21-2006 01:34 PM

360 gamertag, gibbs07. Hit me up after midnight people. Of course I run wit hthe skins.

MightyJoeGibbs 08-21-2006 01:35 PM

[quote=illdefined;206177]yessir, that'll be me.

pick up my pre-order at 12:30 (let the line die down) and change Cooley to TE will be my first order of my business.

sigh[/quote]

Exactly, havent they figured that out yet.

MightyJoeGibbs 08-21-2006 03:14 PM

9 hours to go.

BrudLee 08-21-2006 04:16 PM

[QUOTE=MightyJoeGibbs;206318]9 hours to go.[/QUOTE]

Not for me. I downloaded the program and it will be activated at midnight... West Coast Time!

(prepare for extremely rare BrudLee profanity-laced tirade)

I mean, what the fuck is that shit!?!? I bet they cashed my check on East Coast time, mother fuckers. Don't punish me for getting up early, you LA-biased shit-eaters. I'm getting virtually ass-raped by EA Sports. Fix that shit, bitches.

(I'm very sorry. I still want to go to heaven.)

TheMalcolmConnection 08-21-2006 04:19 PM

Hey, God never mentioned those words in the Bible. You don't use his name in vain and you're goooood. :biggthump

MightyJoeGibbs 08-21-2006 06:18 PM

6 hours to go.

BrudLee 08-21-2006 06:19 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection;206356]Hey, God never mentioned those words in the Bible. You don't use his name in vain and you're goooood. :biggthump[/QUOTE]

Countdown to Release: 08:41:39

MightyJoeGibbs 08-21-2006 10:08 PM

2 hours.

EternalEnigma21 08-21-2006 10:34 PM

I'm about to walk out the door and go to Wal Mart. I called and they said to get there early, but I don't think there's gonna be a huge rush on them at Martinsburg WV wal-mart... I hope theres not a lot of people with 360s there anyway....

gammertag is daddyskins... see ya on the gridiron...!!!!

MTK 08-21-2006 10:36 PM

I'm debating about picking it up tonight. I'm tired as shit though so there wouldn't be much use to picking it up, coming home and going right to bed. It's always fun though to hit the midnight sales to see what freaks come out.

illdefined 08-22-2006 12:06 AM

im in line here on broadway in nyc. not much of a line. only like 15 people. very tame as i expected. i'll war report back.

skinsfanthru&thru 08-22-2006 02:09 AM

just got home from working a midnight opening for the game, but I gotta open in the morning so no gaming for me tonight. I'll definitely be on tomorrow and even though I mostly just play FPS my 360 gamertag is DragynKnyght if anyone's down for some gaming.

That Guy 08-22-2006 02:12 AM

i found a copy a couple days ago. it's much better than 2006.

you get injury sliders for simmed and non-simmed games right in the options! not sure i dig the new menu GUI, and i hate the new timer in the mini camp drills, but the game loads much faster and there are some (minor) graphic updates (like a higher res gras texture).

running is a lot harder this year. no more spin spin spin touchdown :/ they really killed the speed on the moves.

mooby 08-22-2006 04:35 AM

well, today i have some plans, but on the way home I am planning on stopping and picking it up. It sounds great, i can't wait to play it.

@That Guy: sweeet, those injury sliders sound good, i always hate how when you play you never get any serious injuries. That should change this year hopefully. I always thought it was odd when simmed games always end up with a couple injuries, but you can pretty much guarantee having an injury free year if you play every game.

That Guy 08-22-2006 05:08 AM

[quote=mooby;206519]well, today i have some plans, but on the way home I am planning on stopping and picking it up. It sounds great, i can't wait to play it.

@That Guy: sweeet, those injury sliders sound good, i always hate how when you play you never get any serious injuries. That should change this year hopefully. I always thought it was odd when simmed games always end up with a couple injuries, but you can pretty much guarantee having an injury free year if you play every game.[/quote]

yeah, the sim was really terrible... not sure if they fixed the progression bugs (where playing good defense could shaft your D players and WRs almost never stat ups of any kind). You do get options to turn off relocations in franchise mode though and cool icons on players (like portis has an NFL star, an RB star and one for being an icon). mike rumph has a funny chart with a downward red arrow (for being a bust). It's like the first year since 2004 where they've actually improved the product noticeably.

they still list g blache as our d coordinator (and his stats suck), simmed games still don't sub players properly (no fatigue) and you can still relocate from washington DC to washington DC though. so all the bugs from 2001 still exist.

mooby 08-22-2006 09:17 AM

[quote=That Guy;206524]yeah, the sim was really terrible... not sure if they fixed the progression bugs (where playing good defense could shaft your D players and WRs almost never stat ups of any kind). You do get options to turn off relocations in franchise mode though and cool icons on players (like portis has an NFL star, an RB star and one for being an icon). mike rumph has a funny chart with a downward red arrow (for being a bust). It's like the first year since 2004 where they've actually improved the product noticeably.

they still list g blache as our d coordinator (and his stats suck), simmed games still don't sub players properly (no fatigue) and you can still relocate from washington DC to washington DC though. so all the bugs from 2001 still exist.[/quote]

What system are you playing it on? That sucks they still don't have G.W. in the game, if he was he'd have to be one of the higher rated defensive coaches out there, i think in 06' Greg Blache was rated something in the 60's, which sucked. In 06' Al Saunders was rated an 80 on offense, which is pretty screwed up. I don't care about relocations in franchise mode, my longest tenure in franchise mode lasted about 7 years, and in that name, no franchises relocated, but i'd imagine it would suck if they did.

MTK 08-22-2006 09:25 AM

I guess EA goes by the book when it comes to titles. Blache technically is our D coordinator, but we all know it's GW that runs the show.

That Guy 08-22-2006 04:35 PM

[quote=mooby;206556]What system are you playing it on? That sucks they still don't have G.W. in the game, if he was he'd have to be one of the higher rated defensive coaches out there, i think in 06' Greg Blache was rated something in the 60's, which sucked. In 06' Al Saunders was rated an 80 on offense, which is pretty screwed up. I don't care about relocations in franchise mode, my longest tenure in franchise mode lasted about 7 years, and in that name, no franchises relocated, but i'd imagine it would suck if they did.[/quote]

always PC. there's a 3rd party program to stop relocations anyways, just like there was a program to adjust injury sliders and edit players. playing the los angeles grizzles isn't really all that big of a deal either.

That Guy 08-22-2006 04:36 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;206560]I guess EA goes by the book when it comes to titles. Blache technically is our D coordinator, but we all know it's GW that runs the show.[/quote]

then technically don breaux should be our offensive coordinator. but they list saunders. so they've screwed the pooch either way.

SantanaMan 08-22-2006 04:51 PM

Madden 07 doesn't get released till Friday here!! (you lucky guys!).
Hopefully will pick up a copy of it after work friday night, spend too much time on it that night, go into work sat feeling tired, but happy!

NFL Head Coach didn't get released over here, I had to import a copy!