Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Superstar mode (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=13867)

diehardskin2982 08-29-2006 10:38 PM

Re: Superstar mode

I have a QB like vick and I was drafted by the Texans. I won the starting job but I hate when lame-o's can't catch the damn ball!

vaoutlaws2006 08-30-2006 07:47 AM

tecmo superbowl...thats a blast from the past. Somewhere on you tube someone made a video of the skins/bucs playoff game using that game. Not a big madden fan still havent got 07. I still play espn nfl 2k5. Alot of folks still play it on xbox live too. Lavar is a beast and so is coles...well at least on that game they are.

That Guy 08-31-2006 06:17 AM

too bad they killed 2k off. they were good competition. I just remember not being able to run at angles, which was annoying. solid games though.

over the mountain 05-07-2007 03:57 PM

yeah the SS hall of fame mode is pretty sweet . . . started it after i got tired of the skins winning every year

i did 2 seasons with a cb which was alot of fun when the ball is thrown your way (i love reading a wr route, baiting the qb then jumping the route to take it to the house) but there are just too many plays where you are a non-factor so i switched to a MLB to get more action and the skins need a MLB . . . no matter who drafts you its easy to get traded to the skins, you get 2 trade requests a year, if you dont get traded to the skins, restart your ps2 and try again (only takes about 5-8 requests)

my mlb is a beast with avg of 200 tackles a season but his sack numbers are so unrealistic with about 50 plus a year, its too easy to build an early lead then have the opposing team go throw oriented leaving the line unprotected

tips - put your SS as a backup for another position so he can play on special teams and add about 5 tackles a game, stay true to your position and assignment to get ints, try to strafe before the ball gets to you for a better chance at catching it, on long passes beyond your area still follow the ball and press triangle when you get close (alot of balls get tipped and if you come into the play alil late you have a chance at picking it off)

anybody got any tips for recovering fumbles, i cause alot but just cant recover em that much

alright, 5 posts in a half hour im out

go skins!

jamf 05-07-2007 06:37 PM

What's the most fun position to play?

I have a WR with the 49ers who is killing defences. at times it's just too easy. 400 Yard games are too common with 5 minute quarters.
He is rated 97 ovr with 99 spd 99 acc and all the other goodies. He is also an awesome return man! I bring atleast one back a game.

I have a CB with the skins. 99 Spd but low return skills. Bugs the crap out of the that when he intercepts, he has trouble scoring.

I also have a QB with the skins who has a 99 spd rating but he fumbles almost every time he gets hit.

Cornerback can get boring when you play against a bad WR and QB. It's alot of fun when you play a really good team.

QB is fun at times. It's great when you can make your reads and your WR's get open.
Other times it isn't so great because you have limited vision.

WR is probably the most fun in my opinion. I don't mind blocking and alex smith always throws my way.

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-07-2007 11:12 PM

[quote=mooby;207814]How many people that play Madden are addicted to this like I am? I've been playing SS mode pretty much everytime i get my hands on the controller. What has made it so addicting for me is because they changed it so you only control your player. It's given me a new look on individual player positions that i hadn't experienced before.

On the other hand, my experience hasn't been completely enjoyable. I'm doing a wide receiver currently, it seems to be the position everyone is doing. Unfortunately, i just had to get drafted by none other than the Pittsburgh Steelers. At first i thought it would be okay playing for the Steelers, but now i know exactly why Plaxico Burress and Randle El left as soon as they got a chance. I've done 4 games so far, and the run to pass ratio is 32:18. This is extremely annoying. Not to mention that when they do throw the ball, Roethlisberger never looks at me because i'm the rookie, or for w/e reason. Not to mention if we're leading in the third quarter, i'd be willing to bet Roethlisberger won't throw another pass the rest of the night unless we get behind again.I can't wait until this two year deal is over and i can leave, hopefully for the Skins.[/quote]

to be honest i think SS mode is a piece of @#$% i hate it the ncaa one is way better race for the heisman

mooby 05-07-2007 11:16 PM

I still play my strong safety career occasionally. Last time I played it I was in my 4th season, but everyone who's contract ended during that time wasn't resigned, so i'm playing with an entirely different team.

I'm still looking for draft caps to be done so I can add all the new rookies to my game. Once I do that and get my rosters updated I'm going to start a new SS career as a middle linebacker.

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-07-2007 11:27 PM

[quote=mooby;308089]I still play my strong safety career occasionally. Last time I played it I was in my 4th season, but everyone who's contract ended during that time wasn't resigned, so i'm playing with an entirely different team.

I'm still looking for draft caps to be done so I can add all the new rookies to my game. Once I do that and get my rosters updated I'm going to start a new SS career as a middle linebacker.[/quote]

already did that added every rookie from round 1 to 4 and some extras in there and they are fun to play with

KLHJ2 05-07-2007 11:51 PM

I prefer franchise mode so that I get to make better decisions than our FO. The limitations on SS mode suck! If all you want to do is carry out your fantasy of being a HOF player. Grab a football, go outside and practice, because it is more fun! If you want to play a fun video game, then control everything.

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-07-2007 11:52 PM

[quote=angryssg;308112]I prefer franchise mode so that I get to make better decisions than our FO. The limitations on SS mode suck! If all you want to do is carry out your fantasy of being a HOF player. Grab a football, go outside and practice, because it is more fun! If you want to play a fun video game, then control everything.[/quote]

soooooooooooooooooooo true i like franchise mode way better

KLHJ2 05-07-2007 11:56 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;308114]soooooooooooooooooooo true i like franchise mode way better[/quote]

My brother is 14 and plays SS mode only. I give him the same speech every time I see him. "Get your ass outside and practice if you wan't to play college ball" I tell him. No body gives a shit how good you are at SS mode on madden!. I don't see any scouts at the front door in awe over your controller skills.

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-07-2007 11:58 PM

[quote=angryssg;308115]My brother is 14 and plays SS mode only. I give him the same speech every time I see him. "Get your ass outside and practice if you wan't to play college ball" I tell him. No body gives a shit how good you are at SS mode on madden!. I don't see any scouts at the front door in awe over your controller skills.[/quote]

exactly hey matty can i nominate angryssg for the next mod opening

KLHJ2 05-08-2007 12:01 AM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;308116]exactly hey matty can i nominate angryssg for the next mod opening[/quote]
That is a headache I do not wan't. Besides I would be disciplining myself most of the time!

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-08-2007 12:04 AM

[quote=angryssg;308118]That is a headache I do not wan't. Besides I would be disciplining myself most of the time![/quote]

wow u are not that bad just had that 2 day span when i saw you jump from 700 posts to a 1000 did u have some days off u got alot of patientice for that

KLHJ2 05-08-2007 12:10 AM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;308119]wow u are not that bad just had that 2 day span when i saw you jump from 700 posts to a 1000 did u have some days off u got alot of patientice for that[/quote]
No I am just able to post more than I ever was.