Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Moderator Poll (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=1399)

BrudLee 06-02-2004 03:49 PM

The Moderator Poll

In an earlier post - hell, in many earlier posts - the abilities of the Administrators and Moderators of this website have been impugned and maligned. On behalf of the moderators and management of this site, we respect your opinions, and have been greatly heartened by the always-strong replies that defend our hard work.

It has been suggested that, perhaps, some moderators are... shall we say, a little more valuable than others. JWSleep ( a [U]valuable[/U] member of the Warpath family) even humorously suggested a - get this - Moderator Poll! Well, despite my better judgement, Matty has coerced me into starting this thread.

Please take the time to vote for your favorite moderator. It may be because you like the way they write, or the even hand with which they solve disputes. In my case, it may be because of their youthful charm and rugged good looks. Bragging rights are at stake, so give us your opinion.

P.S. My birthday is in two days. Guess what I want?

SmootSmack 06-02-2004 03:58 PM

If elected I promise no homework and extended recess! And I don't want to start any rumors but I think I think I saw Brud having lunch with Pasquarelli, Peter King and his softball-playing daughter the other day. I'm just sayin' is all.

BrudLee 06-02-2004 03:59 PM

All right. I'll admit it. I like me, and I'll tell you why.

I'm just a Joe Potato-head type from Hicksville, DE. Honestly, it's amazing I can even use a keyboard. Yet, here I am, posting my cogent thoughts on all matters Burgundy and Gold. It's a real Horatio Alger story.

Also, I fell for the birthday thing. Who doesn't want to vote for a guy close to his birthday? I'm surprised all of our Presidents weren't born in November.

P.S. My personal relationship with Mr. King aside, at least I don't have a lock of his daughter's hair in my diary...smootsmack, I'm taking to you.

MTK 06-02-2004 04:25 PM

If you don't vote for me I'll boot you from the board, any questions?

And yes I can see who voted for who.

Cheers!

:laughing-

SmootSmack 06-02-2004 04:33 PM

"Give a hoot, vote Smoot"

Dave Butz Baby! 06-02-2004 04:34 PM

Where's the ass-kissing choice of "All of the above?"

:D

But seriously... no favorites. I like everyone's personalities.. or at least how they come across in writing. I also really dig this board because name-calling and trolling are essentially non-existant... so that's kudos to all the mods for creating this more intelligent atmosphere and not putting up with that kind of BS.

All that said, though, I gotta go with smootsmack. He did promise longer recesses. You can't beat that with a stick.

Then again, if anyone wants to see smoot's "Longer Recess" and raise it to "Free Beer Brought To You By Nubile Young Red-Headed Lasses In Bikinis and Spike Heels", I'll change my vote!

BrudLee 06-02-2004 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]If you don't vote for me I'll boot you from the board, any questions?

And yes I can see who voted for who.

Cheers!

:laughing-[/QUOTE]

Idle threats from the man behind the curtain...

Also, for those of you who value his opinion, how about this:
[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Brud -
You're my favorite. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

So it should really be a simple matter.

SmootSmack 06-02-2004 04:38 PM

Butz Baby! Consider it done, of course we'll have Blondes and Brunettes as well. Can't discriminate. And blue-haired as well for all you Marge Simpson fans out there

BrudLee 06-02-2004 04:41 PM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]Butz Baby! Consider it done, of course we'll have Blondes and Brunettes as well. Can't discriminate. And blue-haired as well for all you Marge Simpson fans out there[/QUOTE]

You see, I told you he hates bald women!

This kind of divisive behavior cannot be tolerated!

SmootSmack 06-02-2004 04:44 PM

[QUOTE=BrudLee]You see, I told you he hates bald women!

This kind of divisive behavior cannot be tolerated![/QUOTE]

Damn was hoping no one would catch that....what I really dig is women with potato heads!

Dave Butz Baby! 06-02-2004 04:45 PM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]Butz Baby! Consider it done, of course we'll have Blondes and Brunettes as well. Can't discriminate. And blue-haired as well for all you Marge Simpson fans out there[/QUOTE]

Sweeeeeeet! But seriously, I have this, uh, "thing" for redheads. Bring me one, and I'm all set!

I'll kick you back any blonde or brunette you want.

;)

Let's see... votes, broads, kickbacks and bribes. Yepper... I'm in the right town. Gotta love DC!

SmootSmack in '04!

You should consider Ade Jimoh Fan Club for your running mate!

SmootSmack 06-02-2004 04:55 PM

I love it! "Smack and Jimoh in O' Fo'" I'm bringing Crazy Canuck aboard to balance the budget, SportsCurmudgeon to keep us all in check. SkinsnCanes will provide the redheads et al. via Miami and I gotta have Daseal because well why not? Any one else want to join the winning party?

Gmanc711 06-02-2004 05:07 PM

I gotta go JoeCrisp here, cause he gets us all the behind the secenes interviews and information from the Mini-Camps. And he helped me get a A- in my journalism class. For real though, all you guys are Redskins fans, so I like you by defult.

SmootSmack 06-02-2004 05:18 PM

I would have gotten you an A Gman! I guess we can reveal the truth now, Crisp hasn't ever really been to Redskins Park. He's got some kind of Forrest Gump thing going on where he just transposes himself onto previously recorded interviews. He just sits in his basement all day.

Honestly though I'm honored to be in the same poll as such an elite group of people.

"Lay off the Crack, Vote Smootsmack"

joecrisp 06-02-2004 05:35 PM

[QUOTE=Gmanc711]I gotta go JoeCrisp here, cause he gets us all the behind the secenes interviews and information from the Mini-Camps. And he helped me get a A- in my journalism class. For real though, all you guys are Redskins fans, so I like you by defult.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your support, Gmanc711! Glad I could be of service to you! Congratulations on a successful semester! I'll bet if that professor had let you write about the Redskins, you would've easily had an A+.

joecrisp 06-02-2004 05:49 PM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]I would have gotten you an A Gman! I guess we can reveal the truth now, Crisp hasn't ever really been to Redskins Park. He's got some kind of Forrest Gump thing going on where he just transposes himself onto previously recorded interviews. He just sits in his basement all day.[/QUOTE]Smootsmack, I spoke with Fred Smoot. I know Fred Smoot. Fred Smoot is a friend of mine. Smootsmack, you're no Fred Smoot.

... and by the way-- I don't even have a basement! :mad:

I do spend an awful lot of time in my Redskins Room, though.:httr:

SmootSmack 06-02-2004 05:52 PM

Hey Matty, which one of us do you think Drkstar voted for? :laughing-

MTK 06-02-2004 06:39 PM

ONLY 1 vote, wow I guess there are gonna be some serious boots tonight!

No respect for the site owner/financial investor/designer/webmaster/king of all posts?!

Well, at least I'm not Bozzy or RR who are getting no lovin at all. C'mon now guys, spread the love! Where's the love!

Big C 06-02-2004 06:39 PM

smoot smack seems to be the most open to peoples input, so i voted for him

MTK 06-02-2004 06:40 PM

Big C you just shot to the top of my shit list

LOL

BrudLee 06-02-2004 09:00 PM

How about this - Ramseyfan completely disappeared for like two months - and he's tied with me! Who else only has two votes? The Lindbergh baby?

Maybe I need some more personal endorsements.
[QUOTE=Lavar Arrington]He's just a different dude. I don't think in our lifetime you'll find another Brud Lee moderating a website. That's my opinion. That might be putting some pressure on him, so we're definitely going to let him settle in. He moderates and it looks like he's not even trying. He's moderating faster than everybody. He's so relaxed.[/QUOTE]
Lavar Freaking Arrington. Who wants to mess with me?

joecrisp 06-02-2004 09:20 PM

Is it too early to project a winner? I smell a runaway landslide-- and I'm not talkin' about the aftermath from my dinner of baked beans and redskin potato salad...

that's right-- I eat [i]Redskin[/i] potato salad!

MTK 06-02-2004 09:22 PM

Look at BL chillin' with LA, how can anyone compete with that??

azskinsfan2 06-02-2004 10:15 PM

I voted for Joe because of his camp reports but all of you keep this site what it is. The best Skins site on the web.
And Smootsmack, if you are looking at the big picture, you need some out west to pull in all those votes, there are lots of them. I hereby offer my services to that end!!!! Matty started this site though, so I guess we owe everything to him in the long run!!!!!!!!

SmootSmack 06-02-2004 10:58 PM

[QUOTE=azskinsfan2]I voted for Joe because of his camp reports but all of you keep this site what it is. The best Skins site on the web.
And Smootsmack, if you are looking at the big picture, you need some out west to pull in all those votes, there are lots of them. I hereby offer my services to that end!!!! Matty started this site though, so I guess we owe everything to him in the long run!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

You're in! Just don't bring any "Cardinals Karma" with you.

RedskinRat 06-02-2004 11:15 PM

Damn West Coast time delay.....I've missed the 'quality' lobbying opportunity.

NY_Skinsfan 06-02-2004 11:32 PM

I voted for matty...thanks to him I have something to do at work everynight rather than actual work. And I gotta vote for the NY people.

Daseal 06-03-2004 07:46 AM

Smootsmack said he'd take me on his campain, that's all I needed! Unfortunatly I'll just ask Ade Jimoh to try to cover me as I sprint around the front lawn of the white house, and occassionally go into a drunken rant about Spurrier!

SmootSmack 06-03-2004 10:00 AM

Hey Daseal bring Cpayne along as well. You two can be the founders of my "posse" and just hover in the background of every room (eating, playing video games, watching tv) when I'm on MTV Cribs.

Sammy Baugh Fan I'll need you as groundskeeper and you can provide musical entertainment along with Joe Redskin. I'll bring BleedBurgundy along because we have to some servicemen, and AnoneMouse because I'm thinking globally.

See, with my administration everyone gets to join in the fun!

RedskinRat 06-03-2004 12:05 PM

I have to say that I'm horrified at the depths to which some of the Mods have stooped. I'm mostly annoyed that I didn't think of a better bribe earlier.

JoeRedskin 06-03-2004 01:08 PM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]Sammy Baugh Fan I'll need you as groundskeeper and you can provide musical entertainment along with Joe Redskin.[/QUOTE]

SBF might be a good choice for the musical entertainment; I, however, will cost you the election since about all I can do is Russian Drone in medieval chant (just a hint - NOT a big seller).

Sorry Smoot - since you are obviously so detached from the electorate as to not know our abilities, I have to cast my vote with Matty in gratitude for his hard work on the site. Plus, as you may know, since you have Daseal on your team, I would probably burst into flames if I signed on.

It's a real shame you've alienated me Smoot - I can pull in the swing "nimwit" vote. Now, all the idiots will vote for Matty.:laughing-

MTK 06-03-2004 01:12 PM

I'm not picky, I'll take the idiot vote

;)

SmootSmack 06-03-2004 02:54 PM

JoeRedskin I was looking to revive the Gregorian Chant fad of the early 90s and figured you would be perfect to go along with the musical stylings of Sammy Baugh fan and of course SkinsRock (I didn't forget you!).

Damn shame to see you leave for the dark side.

Next stop on the campaign trail: Hartselle, Alabama. Hogskin I plan on setting up campaign headquarters in your game room

SmootSmack 06-03-2004 03:22 PM

I hope I don't have to resort to using [URL=http://www.fred.net/turtle/asskicker/asskicker.html#who]this[/URL] LOL

Daseal I'll put you in charge of operating this on the front lawn to keep the riff-raff out....unless, of course, some of my constituents are said riff-raff.

Dave Butz Baby! 06-03-2004 04:26 PM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]I hope I don't have to resort to using [URL=http://www.fred.net/turtle/asskicker/asskicker.html#who]this[/URL] LOL

Daseal I'll put you in charge of operating this on the front lawn to keep the riff-raff out....unless, of course, some of my constituents are said riff-raff.[/QUOTE]

Dude, if you don't let in the riff-raff, you're gonna have one lonely party... they're the ones bringing the beer! Who else you know is going to arrive with Natty Lite and then brag about bringing "the Good Stuff"?

And FWIW, my redhead hasn't arrived yet. C'mon UPS.... bring me my goods!

You did remember to put a hole in the box, right?

;)

Smoot/Ade '04!

SmootSmack 06-03-2004 04:54 PM

Vote Smack/Jimoh '04 and get this complimentary mug to put your Natty Lite and Milwaukee's Best (aka The Beast!) in.

[IMG]http://www.your-sports-shop.com/nfl_tankard/redskinstankard.jpg[/IMG]

By the way where is Ade Jimoh Fan Club?

ButzBaby, I think UPS inadvertently sent you the wrong redhead:

[IMG]http://users.snowcrest.net/cafemocha/images/wilma.jpg[/IMG]

Dave Butz Baby! 06-03-2004 05:08 PM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]

By the way where is Ade Jimoh Fan Club?

ButzBaby, I think UPS inadvertently sent you the wrong redhead:

[IMG]http://users.snowcrest.net/cafemocha/images/wilma.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

OMG.... Wilma is so effing HOT!

But she's no Betty Rubble.

;)

And duh... Ade is obviously somewhere you're not. Perhaps he's holed up in a bunker or at Camp David... for security reasons and all. To guarantee continuity, we just can't have you two in the same place at the same time should there be an "incident".

:D

SS/AJFC '04, Baby!

Daseal 06-03-2004 07:51 PM

Woah Woah Woah! In the SMootsmack offices we drink only PABST BLUE RIBBON! Either that or I'm out! ;)

SmootSmack 06-03-2004 08:19 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]Woah Woah Woah! In the SMootsmack offices we drink only PABST BLUE RIBBON! Either that or I'm out! ;)[/QUOTE]

We can't discriminate here but I'm sure we can work something out to satisfy everyone. Can't lose Daseal!

BrudLee 06-03-2004 10:27 PM

OK.
To recap - at the present time, I (who kicks all forms of ass) am losing to nearly every moderator. Let's take a closer look at this slate.

MattyK - yes, he started, runs, and funds this website. Big F---ing deal. He lives in New York - home of the hated (yet pitied) Giants, the Super Bowl Patsies in Buffalo, and our farm team, the Jets. This entire website is very likely a way for him to spy on us, and report to his New York bosses. Way to waste your votes.

joecrisp - Believe me, it hurts me a great deal to trash-talk Joe. I can't think of anyone who has enjoyed his articles more than I have, except perhaps for Paul Woody, who quotes them verbatim. The sad truth though, is that he was just as floored as the rest of us when Joe Gibbs signed back on as coach - which means his vaunted skills as an investigative reporter amount to diddly-poo. You might well choose Ralph Nader as best mod.

Bozzy - Though Bozzy and I have political disagreements, I respect and admire his passion for his political beliefs. I will say this though - he [u]did not[/u] vote for the $87 million for our troops. Those are our men out there, Bozzy (if that is your real name). These colors don't run.

smootsmack - You know, it wasn't so long ago that smootsmack was like you and I are. We posted regularly, went to church on holidays and when they served wine, and dreamed about our favorite team, the Redskins. Not smootsmack. With his secret partner, the Devil, he is attempting to systematically enslave all fans of the mighty Redskins. Clearly, his insidious plan is already working. Ignore his empty promises and treat them like the lies only his forked tongue can weave.

Ramseyfan - I'm going to operate under the assumption that some of you are in legal trouble. I'm aware that Ramseyfan has been "getting some book-learning", and he has perhaps promised you he can help. These are more lies from the white man. Believe me, no one can help you until you help yourself, regardless of what Ramseyfan has promised you.

RedskinRat - Finally, someone I am beating! And honestly, the only moderator on this list besides me who's worth a damn. He is, however, not American. Whether or not he is here legally, I can't say. I'm not 100% sure he has the interest of the nation's security at heart, either (if you know what I'm saying). Great guy, though.

So, to recap, it's 95 minutes until my birthday, and I'm getting horse-whipped in the polls. If you want to send me a present, rope would be nice - go ahead and tie the f---ing noose in it if you want to save me some time. Bastards.