Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Orien Harris (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=14057)

Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor 09-02-2006 01:03 PM

Orien Harris

I foung out the Orien Harris has been released by the pittsbugh steelers. This guy can help us out immediately. He was probably release because of the 3-4 formation that pittsburgh uses. I think that we need to jump on this guy immediately because he is fast and quick with size at 6-2 298lbs. What do you guys think. It always helps that he is from the "u".

superskins 09-02-2006 01:12 PM

Re: Orien Harris

i dont know

SKINSnCANES 09-02-2006 01:12 PM

he was released? serioulsy? lol, hes so much better than the shitty DTs that we drafted. The guy had the potential to be a 1st rounder. I was yelling at the TV on draft day hoping we picked him and we never did...

I agree, sign him, sign him, sign him. And start him next to C.Griffin

superskins 09-02-2006 02:22 PM

[quote=SKINSnCANES;211138]he was released? serioulsy? lol, hes so much better than the shitty DTs that we drafted. The guy had the potential to be a 1st rounder. I was yelling at the TV on draft day hoping we picked him and we never did...

I agree, sign him, sign him, sign him. And start him next to C.Griffin[/quote]

is he reallly that good? don't you think there are other reasons for him getting cut other than he didn't fit the system?

if he is a s good as you say, i agree sign him. sure looks big.

can he punt or kick? thats what we need

3rd ID SOLDIER 09-02-2006 03:01 PM

get'em!

PSUskinsfan11 09-02-2006 03:19 PM

Just cause he is from Miami doesn't mean we should sign him. He had a few good seasons at Miami but remember he looked best with big Vince Wilfork at his side. He has alot of potential but that doesn't always equal NFL production...see William Joseph

MightyJoeGibbs 09-02-2006 03:38 PM

I dont like rummaging through other teams garbage on the street or at the dump. Sure sometimes there are useable parts but why should we get him????

steveo395 09-02-2006 04:05 PM

sign him to the practice squad (if pittsburgh doesnt)

EXoffender 09-02-2006 04:57 PM

He wasn't drafted high because of his reputation for being soft and taking too many plays off. The last thing we need is someone on the roster who isn't mean.

charlielyons 09-02-2006 07:20 PM

i say we sign him just to see if we can get some kinda pass rush

dmek25 09-02-2006 08:04 PM

i say if he is from the U, he is worth the look. but not starting in front of my boy joey saleava

MightyJoeGibbs 09-03-2006 04:22 AM

[quote=Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor;211133]I foung out the Orien Harris has been released by the pittsbugh steelers. This guy can help us out immediately. He was probably release because of the 3-4 formation that pittsburgh uses. I think that we need to jump on this guy immediately because he is fast and quick with size at 6-2 298lbs. What do you guys think. It always helps that he is from the "u".[/quote]

I think you are right his lack of speed at DE in the Steelers 3-4 seems to have set him back in having a team. However, this is a guy who heading into the combine was projected a 1st Rd. 23 pick who did nothing but drop in value to eventually be taken in the 4th round by the Steelers who recently just cut him.
Something is fishy with this guy. I am not sold he could be a Williams type of guy. DE is also not a necessity for us. DT is which Harris would seem too small for and seems not right.

Big C 09-03-2006 12:58 PM

d-a-u

DA U!

he is promising, sign him to a low contract and see how he does. we need DT depth

GTripp0012 09-03-2006 04:42 PM

We need a blocking TE. Whats out there?

SKINSnCANES 09-03-2006 04:57 PM

[QUOTE=GTripp0012;211342]We need a blocking TE. Whats out there?[/QUOTE]

we should have kept buck ortega...hes definitly more of a pass catching TE, but having him, with cooley as a H-back with our receivers would be deadly.

I dont know why we have Christian Furia...