Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who is available next year (qb)? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=14501)

jsarno 09-21-2006 10:52 PM

Who is available next year (qb)?

OK, assuming Brunell continues to suck, and Campbell is not the answer (hoping that's not the case, but humor me) who is scheduled to be a free agent, or possibly available via trade (realistically) come season's end?

FRPLG 09-21-2006 11:10 PM

Re: Who is available next year (qb)?

doesn't matter. Next year it's either MB or JC. That is as stone cold of a lock as possible.

jsarno 09-21-2006 11:25 PM

[QUOTE=FRPLG;218574]doesn't matter. Next year it's either MB or JC. That is as stone cold of a lock as possible.[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree. None of us thought Brunell would suck this hard, call it a hard play book, call it over the hill syndrome, but sucking is sucking. It is not a far fetched idea to think of Campbell sucking as well. Remember Ramsey?
So who will be available next year?

AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace 09-21-2006 11:29 PM

if we go get someone else, and its not just a back up role...then this organization is run by a bunch of idiots

jsarno 09-21-2006 11:38 PM

[QUOTE=AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace;218578]if we go get someone else, and its not just a back up role...then this organization is run by a bunch of idiots[/QUOTE]

How so?
We have had one constant issue since our previous super bowls...lack of a decent QB.
Minus Brad Johnson, we have had no good leaders. I'd love to see Campbell succeed, but if he can't, we need to entertain the thought of a proven good QB. The odds of winning without one is slim.

RobH4413 09-22-2006 12:09 AM

[quote=jsarno;218573]OK, assuming Brunell continues to suck, and Campbell is not the answer (hoping that's not the case, but humor me) who is scheduled to be a free agent, or possibly available via trade (realistically) come season's end?[/quote]

Jeff George

drew54 09-22-2006 12:43 AM

[QUOTE=RobH4413;218583]Jeff George[/QUOTE]

Ring the bell.

If we hadn't shoved Brad out the door, we might have won a few more games with Marty, and never had the whole Spurrier era.

Kevikazi 09-22-2006 03:26 AM

Jason Campbell hasn't played a full regular season game yet. We have no idea whether he will succeed or not. I'm sure if Brunell continues to play poorly, Joe Gibbs will start Jason Campbell to see what he's capable of. Let's say he starts in mid-season and stinks up the place. Don't you think we should give him at least one more year to prove himself?

vaoutlaws2006 09-22-2006 06:27 AM

Regardless of how MB plays i dont think you see JC unless there is an injury. And after watching the cowboy game and better yet the viking game again I really truly believe there is some sort of injury with Brunnell. Something is off in the knees or possibly a hamstring. All of the throws in both of those games lack a whole lot of velocity it looks to me like either he is hurt...and your legs are important to throwing a football with any kind of velocity...or he has lost some throwing strength. Dont forget year 1 of MB's tenure here when he was hurt. I say lets see what happens in the first half @HOU and if similar results i say play JC. What do we have to lose?

That Guy 09-22-2006 07:35 AM

quinn and troy smith are the 1 and 1a in the draft. then there's FA and trades, but we won't see enough of campbell between now and then to warrant drafting a QB (unless it' late). We may bring in a better veteran guy though.

skinnyfan 09-22-2006 07:50 AM

We could always ask Patrick back??ummmmmmmmm............no.

Matt Shaub, UFA, Atl. Falcons
Chris Simms, UFA, Tampa Bucs
Rohan Davey, RFA, Arizona Cardinals
Shaun King, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
John Navarre, RFA, Arizona Cardinals
Patrick Ramsey, UFA, New York Jets
Tim Rattay, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Seneca Wallace, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Anthony Wright, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals

mooby 09-22-2006 08:02 AM

Word on the streets is Mark Brunell might be available after this season. Something about not doing well with his current team. He's a little old, but I think he can step in until we hand J.C. the reins.

onlydarksets 09-22-2006 08:15 AM

[quote=mooby;218606]Word on the streets is Mark Brunell might be available after this season. Something about not doing well with his current team. He's a little old, but I think he can step in until we hand J.C. the reins.[/quote]

lol - good one!

[quote=skinnyfan]Matt Shaub, UFA, Atl. Falcons
Chris Simms, UFA, Tampa Bucs
Rohan Davey, RFA, Arizona Cardinals
Shaun King, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
John Navarre, RFA, Arizona Cardinals
Patrick Ramsey, UFA, New York Jets
Tim Rattay, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Seneca Wallace, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Anthony Wright, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals[/quote]

Thanks! Nobody on that list jumps out at me. Simms I think had a flukey year last year (and it wasn't [u]that[/u] great), King had one [U]decent[/U] year, but that was with the Bucs like 7 years ago, Ramsey we know is out. I think Rattay never got a true shot in SF (he had a couple of half-seasons), so he might be interesting to check out. Didn't Wright miss a couple of seasons entirely? I don't know about the rest - is anyone a prospect?

TrustinGibbs 09-22-2006 08:26 AM

I'm hoping Campbell is the answer but how good would Brady Quinn look in a Redkins' uniform? I'd say he may be the most NFL ready QB to ever get drfted by the time he is done at ND because of Weis and Weis' offensive system....that kid is the next great NFL QB IMO, he's big, smart, mobile and has a strong accurate arm...coure he'll be long gone by the time we draft...can Snyder BUY the #1 pick...lol.

redsk1 09-22-2006 09:08 AM

JC is going to be our guy. But just for thought, Matt Schaub looks like he could be a good qb in the right system.