Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reason for (Cautious) Optimism (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=14581)

JankySpanky80 09-26-2006 06:33 PM

Re: Reason for (Cautious) Optimism

The same formula we emplyed against houston can win this game against the jaguars. It's really simple get the ball to Portis, Randle el, and moss and let them run for their lives. The jaguars are really beat up if you look at their injury report. they have guys that are gonna play but alot of them are hurting. I think we have a shot at this. If we can pull this one out we would have great confidence going into New York. Hopefully Springs will play and have the same effect on the d that Portis gave the O.

vaoutlaws2006 09-26-2006 07:45 PM

cautious optimism is what i suggest. come on guys the the texans are beyond awful. its one game. a real gauge of how opitimistic to be is at 415pm sunday at fedex.

skinsguy 09-26-2006 07:53 PM

[QUOTE=Beemnseven;220416]
If we lose to Jacksonville -- which I'm fairly certain is going to happen.[/QUOTE]

Wow....spoken like a true fan.

MTK 09-26-2006 10:20 PM

[quote=skinsguy;220458]Wow....spoken like a true fan.[/quote]

Some people just ooze optimism, gotta love it.

CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR 09-26-2006 10:40 PM

one reason for optimisn is that clinton shoulder seem to hold up and no one was injured sunday. the dlineman we took in the draft r playing well maybe we should keep our pick instead of trading them we could find some good hungry player. dockrey played great and so did washington.hail to the skins.

RobH4413 09-26-2006 11:53 PM

Gamebreaker will be penalties this game...

and moss will be MVP....

Beemnseven 09-27-2006 09:55 AM

[QUOTE=skinsguy;220458]Wow....spoken like a true fan.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, here we go. Predict a loss, and that means you're not a fan.

So, let's see: Unless you predicted the Washington Redskins go undefeated, you're not a [I][U]true[/U][/I] fan either.

Gotta love it indeed.

Southpaw 09-27-2006 10:08 AM

[quote=Beemnseven;220596]Ah yes, here we go. Predict a loss, and that means you're not a fan.

So, let's see: Unless you predicted the Washington Redskins go undefeated, you're not a [I][U]true[/U][/I] fan either.

Gotta love it indeed.[/quote]

Seriously, why would you think the Jags would beat the Skins?!? I mean one of the best offenses in the league, led by the best passing quarterback in the league(Peyton Manning) just hung [B]14[/B] points on that soft Jags defense this weekend. AND Washington held the offensively mediocre Cowboys to [B]27[/B].

Jags over the Skins?! That's just ridiculous...

MTK 09-27-2006 10:15 AM

Some people just can't grasp this concept of pessimism when it comes to your favorite team.

There's the glass is half empty folks, and the glass is half full folks. Neither side can truly understand the other.

Southpaw 09-27-2006 10:38 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;220615]Some people just can't grasp this concept of pessimism when it comes to your favorite team.

There's the glass is half empty folks, and the glass is half full folks. Neither side can truly understand the other.[/quote]

You call it pessimism, I call it logical thinking. In three weeks of football, Washington lost a close one to what appears to be a decent Vikings team, got stomped by the Cowboys, and soundly beat the worst team in the league. The Jags on the other hand, stomped the Cowboys, shut out the defending Super Bowl champions and held a top three offense to, what will probably be their lowest statistical game of the season. Unless Washington's defense steps it up a few notches, this is going to be a very lopsided game.

On the other hand, I think they can beat the Giants and Titans, so if they're 3-3, three weeks from now, that'll be better than I expected initially.

hesscl34 09-27-2006 10:49 AM

[quote=Southpaw;220635]You call it pessimism, I call it logical thinking. In three weeks of football, Washington lost a close one to what appears to be a decent Vikings team, got stomped by the Cowboys, and soundly beat the worst team in the league. The Jags on the other hand, stomped the Cowboys, shut out the defending Super Bowl champions and held a top three offense to, what will probably be their lowest statistical game of the season. Unless Washington's defense steps it up a few notches, this is going to be a very lopsided game.

On the other hand, I think they can beat the Giants and Titans, so if they're 3-3, three weeks from now, that'll be better than I expected initially.[/quote]

Your logical thinking makes you sound like a terrible fan. Sorry, but that's the way it is. Fans don't want to hear about how the Skins are going to lose, and especially not from a so called fan.

MTK 09-27-2006 10:55 AM

[quote=Southpaw;220635]You call it pessimism, I call it logical thinking. In three weeks of football, Washington lost a close one to what appears to be a decent Vikings team, got stomped by the Cowboys, and soundly beat the worst team in the league. The Jags on the other hand, stomped the Cowboys, shut out the defending Super Bowl champions and held a top three offense to, what will probably be their lowest statistical game of the season. Unless Washington's defense steps it up a few notches, this is going to be a very lopsided game.

On the other hand, I think they can beat the Giants and Titans, so if they're 3-3, three weeks from now, that'll be better than I expected initially.[/quote]

Tell me where logic and fanatical fit together. That's what doesn't make much sense.

The glass is half empty people will try to say they're just being realistic... I say what's the fun in that? The Redskins are one of my few escapes in life, I try to be as positive and optimistic as possible because the alternative of being "realistic" wouldn't be worth it to me.

Just my view.

Southpaw 09-27-2006 10:59 AM

[quote=hesscl34;220636]Your logical thinking makes you sound like a terrible fan. Sorry, but that's the way it is. Fans don't want to hear about how the Skins are going to lose, and especially not from a so called fan.[/quote]

[hesscl34 Filter] Washington is going to beat Jacksonville because Mark Brunell completed 22 straight passes last week. He is the best player to ever wear a Redskins uniform, and OMG!1!!, Mr. Gibbs is the king of the greatest coaches ever. My prediction: Washington wins 52-3. I know all this because I'm a good, and [I]intelligent[/I] fan. Heil Gibbs!!!1! [/hesscl34 Filter]

Is that better?

onlydarksets 09-27-2006 11:02 AM

[quote=hesscl34;220636]Your logical thinking makes you sound like a terrible fan. Sorry, but that's the way it is. Fans don't want to hear about how the Skins are going to lose, and especially not from a so called fan.[/quote]

I'm really hoping this is sarcasm that just didn't translate well...

Southpaw 09-27-2006 11:07 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;220640]Tell me where logic and fanatical fit together. That's what doesn't make much sense.[/quote]

When Washington is playing well and winning, I'm as fanatical as the next fan. When they're playing like ass, I don't have the ability to tell myself that they're going to beat a far superior team. To me, that's just seems like setting yourself up for heartbreak.