Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Family (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=14648)

phoenixredskin 09-30-2006 10:55 AM

Family

Here's the thing. If you are a Skin from the genesis or new. You must stop now and ask yourself a question. Are you a Redskin? If you have to ask yourself what does that mean, then you are not! Redskins are a family, community, and friendship for life. Take 28, Green, for example, of the United Way :), 20 years, one team. If you have another favorite team then you are not a Redskin.

Secondly, being part of our family is a priviledge. Just in case you did not realize Brunell's record last week % wise barely past Sammy's % ratio at 88%, barely....

Do not dress in our colors unless you are in for the eternal haul.

"loosen up Sandy baby"
Hail

saden1 09-30-2006 11:26 AM

Re: Family

Does being a member of the family come with some privileges? Can I borrow money from one of the more wealthy family members?

It's just football man...entertainment and a hell of a way to kill time.

RiggoRules 09-30-2006 11:42 AM

The problem with this analogy is that (much like Chris Cooley) I have some very impure thoughts about some of my family members (wait, Cooley did more than just think about it).

[IMG]http://store.redskins.com/images/products/mediumimages/cc07md.jpg[/IMG]

Warpath 09-30-2006 11:51 AM

[IMG]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5341/onefamilyua0.jpg[/IMG]

phoenixredskin 09-30-2006 12:35 PM

[quote=Warpath;221519][IMG]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5341/onefamilyua0.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

exactly
hail

70Chip 09-30-2006 12:37 PM

Is that Cooley's broad? Well, there's your lack of focus. He's thinking of another f-word.

phoenixredskin 09-30-2006 12:47 PM

[quote=saden1;221517]Does being a member of the family come with some privileges? Can I borrow money from one of the more wealthy family members?

It's just football man...entertainment and a hell of a way to kill time.[/quote]

Kill time? You need a Psych, if uhh....anyhow you missed the community part of it, we do not borrow, we share. Get off your lazy bum and go to work if you are in need to borrow. You missed the entire point, being a Redskin means much more than football. For example: Darrell Green. 20 years + dedication to the United Way. An ole' Skin holds the key to entering Skinsland. Vince Lombardi, if you ever heard of him. "Entertainment", is for the dallas cowboys and san fran 9er's. I hope you don't wake up in the parking lot in Landover sunday.

"Entertainment" wtf and stf

Hail

Meast 09-30-2006 02:50 PM

[QUOTE=70Chip;221528]Is that Cooley's broad? Well, there's your lack of focus. He's thinking of another f-word.[/QUOTE]
no cooley's girl is no longer a cheerleader. She got excommunicated from the family, and if your cousin's that hot...[url]http://www.maximonline.com/girls_of_maxim/cheerleaders/washington_redskins/gm_l3.jpg[/url]

MightyJoeGibbs 09-30-2006 03:00 PM

[quote=Meast;221556]no cooley's girl is no longer a cheerleader. She got excommunicated from the family, and if your cousin's that hot...[URL]http://www.maximonline.com/girls_of_maxim/cheerleaders/washington_redskins/gm_l3.jpg[/URL][/quote]

Christy doesnt do it for me, its that asian calender girl that has got the good stuff.

saden1 09-30-2006 11:03 PM

[QUOTE=phoenixredskin;221531]Kill time? You need a Psych, if uhh....anyhow you missed the community part of it, we do not borrow, we share. Get off your lazy bum and go to work if you are in need to borrow. You missed the entire point, being a Redskin means much more than football. For example: Darrell Green. 20 years + dedication to the United Way. An ole' Skin holds the key to entering Skinsland. Vince Lombardi, if you ever heard of him. "Entertainment", is for the dallas cowboys and san fran 9er's. I hope you don't wake up in the parking lot in Landover sunday.

"Entertainment" wtf and stf

Hail[/QUOTE]

I'm not here to argue with you... you're buying this whole "we are one family" thing but I'm gonna tell you the truth. The cold truth... and that is that we aren't really family, we are consumers who like consuming Redskin football every weekend. We spend our hard earned dollars to be entertained whether at FedEx field or the sports bar next door. We watch because we want to be be Entertained, both in the good times and the bad times. To have bragging rights over fans of others teams. Some of us to make money by wagering on them.

Every time you watch the Redskins you better believe Mr. Snyder's accountants are counting the dough. The Redskins are what they are, a sports team that's in the Entertainment business.

I hate it when people use words like family, love, friend, etc loosely. It diminish the real value of the words. We have something common but that doesn't make us family. And if all we have in common is the Redskins you are at best an acquaintance.

phoenixredskin 10-01-2006 01:58 AM

[quote=saden1;221605]I'm not here to argue with you... you're buying this whole "we are one family" thing but I'm gonna tell you the truth. The cold truth... and that is that we aren't really family, we are consumers who like consuming Redskin football every weekend. We spend our hard earned dollars to be entertained whether at FedEx field or the sports bar next door. We watch because we want to be be Entertained, both in the good times and the bad times. To have bragging rights over fans of others teams. Some of us to make money by wagering on them.

Every time you watch the Redskins you better believe Mr. Snyder's accountants are counting the dough. The Redskins are what they are, a sports team that's in the Entertainment business.

I hate it when people use words like family, love, friend, etc loosely. It diminish the real value of the words. We have something common but that doesn't make us family. And if all we have in common is the Redskins you are at best an acquaintance.[/quote]

You are outrageous! Have you ever hugged your Mother, Brother, Father, Sister, wife or girlfriend with elation when the Skins score? How about somebody who has had you over to their house as a guest? If you did not hit the roof last year when Brunell hit Moss, twice, yes twice....if you did not go kiss your dog too, then you have alot to learn. You are not yet part of the family. You are young, you will learn.

Hail

SmootSmack 10-01-2006 02:17 AM

Kiss your dog??? I gotta side with Saden1 here. I like his posts, he seems like a pretty cool guy. And maybe one day I'll get to meet him and we'll grab a drink and talk Redskins. But I don't think we have some unbreakable bond because we both cheer when the Redskins win.

That Guy 10-01-2006 02:36 AM

If i needed help, a majority of skins fans (that i don't know) would turn me down or let me know it's not their problem.

so i don't really see how that's family-like.

phoenixredskin 10-01-2006 03:16 AM

[quote=TAFKAS;221623]Kiss your dog??? I gotta side with Saden1 here. I like his posts, he seems like a pretty cool guy. And maybe one day I'll get to meet him and we'll grab a drink and talk Redskins. But I don't think we have some unbreakable bond because we both cheer when the Redskins win.[/quote]

What do you do when the Skins lose? Nobody in the bar likes you anyway, and almost all are happy to see the Skins lose. You have never gone home and given your dog a hug? Primarily because your dog does not know one thing about football but can sense all of your physiology. By the way I've made some life long; according to you: "friends", "love"d ones just by being a Redskin. Hopefully some day you will get it, or Lord help us and deliver you eternally to dallas.

Hail

P.S. this is not addressed to the moderator

phoenixredskin 10-01-2006 03:18 AM

P.s.s.

"buying into this whole family thing"

have a great time living those words down

HAIL