Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Film Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/film-room/)
-   -   Jason Campbell (http://www.thewarpath.net/film-room/15036-jason-campbell.html)

RobH4413 10-17-2006 08:32 AM

Jason Campbell

I didn't see this posted up anywhere... thought it was worth a look.

Just adding some fuel to the fire...

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNQUB_IpuK4&mode=related&search"]YouTube - 2006 Jason Campbell PRE-SEASON[/URL]=

bigm29 10-17-2006 09:46 AM

Re: Jason Campbell

throws a perfect ball and can make the ones over the middle that brunell is either too scared or just cant make the throw

Daseal 10-17-2006 10:03 AM

Granted, Campbell was one of few brightspots during the preseason, it WAS just the preseason. That said, I'd like him to be getting experience.

BrunellMVP? 10-17-2006 10:17 AM

I really think its time...its sad, but Mark doesn't have it. lets give campbell some time to see what he can do...can't be worse, maybe he sparks the team around...or perhaps it will force them to run more...

Hog1 10-17-2006 10:40 AM

IMO, depending the outcome of this weeks game, we lose, I would ready up Campbell for duty after the bye.........we'll see

illdefined 10-17-2006 01:35 PM

wait, is throwing between the numbers legal??

NFLeurope 10-17-2006 02:32 PM

I think in this situation Joe is doing the right thing...keeping brunell the starter for the Indy game. I think if Brunell goes on the road and wins that game in Indy...then he has earned the chance to continue starting against dallas. If he loses...then it will be an ideal time...going into the bye week to make the change...with cambell having two weeks to prepare for a home game...rather than less than 1 week to prepare for a road game against one of the elite teams in the NFL.

That being said. If we do lose to Indy, and Gibbs does make the change to campbell. Then i hope skins fans will allow him to go through his growing pains without starting to Booooo him every time he throws a pick. You cant have it both ways. If you put in Cambell if means preparing for the future...and so you have to be willing to sacrifice winning now.

I say this because many on this site have argued for playing campbell...saying that at least we can use this year to see what we've got in campbell...and that if he doesnt work out...then we can decide accordingly to maybe go after someone else in the offseason.

In my opinion that doesnt make any sense...cause i would argue that you cannot be sure about what you have in a player in his first year starting. I would give the examples of Eli Manning and more recently Alex smith, who absolutely sucked in their first years. Alex smith looked absolutely attrocious last year. And looked like an absolute bust of a 1st overall pick....but then this year is a whole different story...now he looks like a good up and coming QB . So, its not because players absolutely blow nuts on the field...in their first year that the front offices should begin drawing conclusions...and look to go after someone new in the offseason.

So if we lose at indy, i hope gibbs makes the switch to campbell. And once the change is made...i think you stick with campbell, regardless of his performance, for at least this season and all of next season...without even thinking of going after another QB. Thats what it means to truly give someone a chance. I dont want to see another case of Ramsey, who comes in here and is given a bunch of half chances...before leaving town. I want campbell to be given the reigns of this offense for the long hall, so he doesnt have to constantly look over his shoulder...and can just focus on playing and getting better.

jbcjr14 10-17-2006 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=NFLeurope;230437]I think in this situation Joe is doing the right thing...keeping brunell the starter for the Indy game. I think if Brunell goes on the road and wins that game in Indy...then he has earned the chance to continue starting against dallas. If he loses...then it will be an ideal time...going into the bye week to make the change...with cambell having two weeks to prepare for a home game...rather than less than 1 week to prepare for a road game against one of the elite teams in the NFL.

That being said. If we do lose to Indy, and Gibbs does make the change to campbell. Then i hope skins fans will allow him to go through his growing pains without starting to Booooo him every time he throws a pick. You cant have it both ways. If you put in Cambell if means preparing for the future...and so you have to be willing to sacrifice winning now.

I say this because many on this site have argued for playing campbell...saying that at least we can use this year to see what we've got in campbell...and that if he doesnt work out...then we can decide accordingly to maybe go after someone else in the offseason.

In my opinion that doesnt make any sense...cause i would argue that you cannot be sure about what you have in a player in his first year starting. I would give the examples of Eli Manning and more recently Alex smith, who absolutely sucked in their first years. Alex smith looked absolutely attrocious last year. And looked like an absolute bust of a 1st overall pick....but then this year is a whole different story...now he looks like a good up and coming QB . So, its not because players absolutely blow nuts on the field...in their first year that the front offices should begin drawing conclusions...and look to go after someone new in the offseason.

So if we lose at indy, i hope gibbs makes the switch to campbell. And once the change is made...i think you stick with campbell, regardless of his performance, for at least this season and all of next season...without even thinking of going after another QB. Thats what it means to truly give someone a chance. I dont want to see another case of Ramsey, who comes in here and is given a bunch of half chances...before leaving town. I want campbell to be given the reigns of this offense for the long hall, so he doesnt have to constantly look over his shoulder...and can just focus on playing and getting better.[/QUOTE]

:towel:

illdefined 10-17-2006 02:47 PM

i guarantee no one would boo Campbell for being a rookie in light of the other "more experienced" QBs on the roster.

RobH4413 10-17-2006 02:47 PM

damnit I didn't want to make this in the main forum... is there any way it can be just in the film room and not all out and about...

not trying to cause an eyesore... but oh well

illdefined 10-17-2006 02:50 PM

Rob, why are you apologizing. this is far from an eyesore, it's a relief.

eyesores would be the "highlights" of the last two games.

RobH4413 10-17-2006 02:57 PM

Well, for future reference, is there a way to post in the film room without posting on the main page?

If not, then ef it.

drew54 10-17-2006 03:13 PM

Bottom of the Page [url]http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-film-room/[/url]

Use the link for New Post.

Don't beat yourself up man.

RobH4413 10-17-2006 03:25 PM

I swear I did that... it even says film room on the side of the Main page...

grrrr!

jdlea 10-17-2006 03:51 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal;230278]Granted, Campbell was one of few brightspots during the preseason, it WAS just the preseason. That said, I'd like him to be getting experience.[/QUOTE]

Hey man, apparently that was enough for Gibbs to know Ramsey couldn't get it done.