Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Indy Is Going Down (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=15046)

RedskinRat 10-17-2006 03:29 PM

Re: Indy Is Going Down

If we win it'll be a total team effort, just the OFF/DEF/ST being outstanding individually won't cut it.

We (the team and the fans) need this.

illdefined 10-17-2006 03:31 PM

running is the absolute best thing we can do. keep their offense and our defense off the field. hope we find a way to have Duckett active this game..

JGisLordOfTheRings 10-17-2006 03:35 PM

[quote=illdefined;230499]running is the absolute best thing we can do. keep their offense and our defense off the field. hope we find a way to have Duckett active this game..[/quote]

best thing ive heard since that Titans loss....would love to see us yank THIS one outta our ass! LOL!!!!!!!!

gOD AND gIBBS BOTH KNOW WE NEED THIS!!!!!

LBrown43 10-17-2006 03:36 PM

Ball control will be the key. Tennessee had the ball way too long. Solid running game and a few breaks defensively and we could pull it off.

Hail2em 10-17-2006 03:39 PM

all i can say about this thread is LMAO!

GTripp0012 10-17-2006 03:49 PM

[quote=firstdown;230448][B]Its just time that things and luck turn our way.[/B] We have a team that is ticked and wants to turn this ship around and Indy is going to be that team to feel the raft. Clinton is going to be the key and will real off 175 yrds as he and the line takes their fustration out on them. All these dropped interceptions and the fumbles that the other teams have been falling on are going to go our way. We keep Peyton in check by keeping him off balance and off the field. Indy is going to take this game just a litttle lite because of the 2 weeks off and its a home game. We know that with their buy last week they watched the skins and just don't think we can beat them. So lets keep this thread positive and I will be the first come Monday to say I Told You So. Oh, Brunell will be some where aroun 17/24 with about 185 yards with a TD to Sellers and one long play to Moss.[/quote]I don't know if thats the most convincing way to begin an upset arguement, but I'll live with it.

I agree with you. I think Indy is ripe for the picking. Through our first five games, we were a statistically better team than them at 2-3 than they were at 5-0. Plus their HFA isn't nearly as great as one would think. The running attack should get going. Although I fully expect to jump on them early, we really need the defense to put this one away. Otherwise, expect comeback.

I do question, win or lose, the significance of this game. We would be in great shape at the end of the year if we lost this game and won out after that, but even if we won this one, a loss to Dallas could end the season.

Crat92 10-17-2006 03:54 PM

Yes let's stay positive! Run that bitch til CP's legs fall off! Then run that bitch some more!:httr: HAIL from MCUSA!

drew54 10-17-2006 03:55 PM

Keys to beating Indy.

1. Run.
2. Run.
3. Run.

Portis runs for 100 +, we win. Portis runs for < 85 we lose again.

86 to 99, data unknown.

hesscl34 10-17-2006 03:56 PM

[quote=TAFKAS;230463]Colts will be without Brandon Stokley, who is the key to that offense!

Seriously though, I like the positivity. Go Skins![/quote]

WOW, I'm in shock... positivity??? YAY!!!!! GO SKINS!!!!!!!!!!!

SmootSmack 10-17-2006 04:08 PM

[QUOTE=hesscl34;230517]WOW, I'm in shock... positivity??? YAY!!!!! GO SKINS!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Are you shocked that I'm positive? Because I've always been

Monkeydad 10-17-2006 04:11 PM

Think about it, Tennessee held Indy to 14 points, for 7 until the end of the game. We scored 22 against the same defense the next week.

Indy has THE WORST (ranked 32nd) run defense in the NFL and we have one of the top RBs. We'll be running a LOT and when we run more than 30 times, we're pretty much unbeatable (I saw that graphic on a game this year, Jacksonville I believe).

Yes they have a great offense, although not as great as last year with their mediocre RBs splitting carries instead of Edge.

Brunell did NOT lose the game for us against the Titans. He did fine despite having a toenail ripped off during the game. The defense without Corny Griffin, Big Joe and with Carlos Rogers getting a broken finger lost the game for us. We should never have given up nealy 180 yards to Travis Henry, but we were without some VERY key players on D and the guys we did have had a bad day.

I could see us beating Indy. Even at 2-4 now, we're still in this thing. Philly is 4-2. Dallas and the Giants are 3-2 and ONE of them will lose this week since they face each other. We're 2 wins out of the top. This season is really looking like last season at the beginning. This year however, when we heat up, we'll do it with 4 good WRs instead of 1. We'll have an extra goal-line back if we ever need him. We'll have some better stars on D if they start playing up to their potential. We'll have a MUCH better backup QB than Ramsey if we need one. John Hall will be sitting where he belongs too.

We can turn it around again like last year...AND have the depth to go further in the postseason. I'm still very optimistic despite some early disappointments. The Titans seem to be a very good team with a bad record, just look at their last 2 weeks. Remember last year, we lost to the RAIDERS and it didn't kill our season. Keep looking up, people.

Yeah, Indy is going down. :)

Monkeydad 10-17-2006 04:13 PM

Oh...and Springs is back and we now have Troy Vincent who already knows Gregg Williams' defense. :)

jdlea 10-17-2006 04:22 PM

I think the Skins have an actual shot at taking down Indy. Indy doesn't stop the run so Clinton should gash them. That usually allows Brunell to do his little dink and dunk "please don't fuck up" type of passing game and they could win. The only problem is the Skins don't look like they can stop anyone, so it's kinda hard to tell what's gonna happen.

TheMalcolmConnection 10-17-2006 04:25 PM

My problem is that Brunell is going to play well enough to keep his starting job. :doh:

illdefined 10-17-2006 04:26 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection;230542]My problem is that Brunell is going to play well enough to keep his starting job. :doh:[/QUOTE]

put on your flame suit...