Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Indy Is Going Down (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=15046)

firstdown 10-17-2006 02:46 PM

Indy Is Going Down

Its just time that things and luck turn our way. We have a team that is ticked and wants to turn this ship around and Indy is going to be that team to feel the raft. Clinton is going to be the key and will real off 175 yrds as he and the line takes their fustration out on them. All these dropped interceptions and the fumbles that the other teams have been falling on are going to go our way. We keep Peyton in check by keeping him off balance and off the field. Indy is going to take this game just a litttle lite because of the 2 weeks off and its a home game. We know that with their buy last week they watched the skins and just don't think we can beat them. So lets keep this thread positive and I will be the first come Monday to say I Told You So. Oh, Brunell will be some where aroun 17/24 with about 185 yards with a TD to Sellers and one long play to Moss.

ArtMonkDrillz 10-17-2006 02:50 PM

Re: Indy Is Going Down

As pessimistic as I've become, I really could see us pulling this game out and going into the bye week at a managable 3-4. I hope the team uses the terrible defeat from sunday to get more fired up than they've been all year, God willing.
Indy will probably be double digits favorites, so maybe they'll be looking past us.

Let the rollercoaster ride continue!

RobH4413 10-17-2006 02:54 PM

[quote=firstdown;230448]Its just time that things and luck turn our way. We have a team that is ticked and wants to turn this ship around and Indy is going to be that team to feel the raft. Clinton is going to be the key and will real off 175 yrds as he and the line takes their fustration out on them. All these dropped interceptions and the fumbles that the other teams have been falling on are going to go our way. We keep Peyton in check by keeping him off balance and off the field. Indy is going to take this game just a litttle lite because of the 2 weeks off and its a home game. We know that with their buy last week they watched the skins and just don't think we can beat them. So lets keep this thread positive and I will be the first come Monday to say I Told You So. Oh, Brunell will be some where aroun 17/24 with about 185 yards with a TD to Sellers and one long play to Moss.[/quote]
:towel: HTTR... I hope we pull off a big win this weekend. Even though we've lost track, we've got very talented players that can get pissed off and win a god damn game that matters. This may be the season right here, I'm more than ready to see some Redskins football.

TheMalcolmConnection 10-17-2006 02:56 PM

True. I mean let's remember that we all EXPECTED to win against TN and lose to Indy. So if we beat them, things are looking OK. I still think that Brunell is the weak link in this chain. The defense will get better with Springs back.

SmootSmack 10-17-2006 02:59 PM

Colts will be without Brandon Stokley, who is the key to that offense!

Seriously though, I like the positivity. Go Skins!

TheMalcolmConnection 10-17-2006 03:04 PM

Yeah, it's time for hess to shine.

Hog1 10-17-2006 03:10 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;230460]True. I mean let's remember that we all EXPECTED to win against TN and lose to Indy. So if we beat them, things are looking OK. I still think that Brunell is the weak link in this chain. The defense will get better with Springs back.[/quote]

I disagree that Brunell is the weak link in the chain.
However, what VIABLE option is available to us as long as this season has a pulse. While I'll grant you, the patient is in serious condition, it is not terminal............yet. As far as I'm concerned, we lose to Indy, and any REALISTIC chance of anything positive is gone. At that point, I am in next year mode, and Brunell is out, the Jason Campbell era begins. We also need to see who needs to be here next year, and who needs not

firstdown 10-17-2006 03:14 PM

[quote=Hog1;230471]I disagree that Brunell is the weak link in the chain.
However, what VIABLE option is available to us as long as this season has a pulse. While I'll grant you, the patient is in serious condition, it is not terminal............yet. As far as I'm concerned, we lose to Indy, and any REALISTIC chance of anything positive is gone. At that point, I am in next year mode, and Brunell is out, the Jason Campbell era begins. We also need to see who needs to be here next year, and who needs not[/quote]
Hog one this is a positive thread. So lets stop banging our heads over and over again about the same stuff and leave that to the other threads.

70Chip 10-17-2006 03:16 PM

I like the positivity as well.

However, having been at the game on Sunday, watching our secondary from about three miles up, I have to conclude that the only way that Manning will not pass for over 300 yards is if he gets hit by a train in the next four days.

They cannot play man or zone. They do not tackle very well. They just aren't very good right now. Indianapolis had the bye week and they are in the dome. It will take a miracle for us to win.

mooby 10-17-2006 03:17 PM

I could seriously see Portis racking up 200 yards against Indy's awful run defense. If we can get the ground game going and rely on that, it will eat up clock, wear down the defense, and put points on the board for us. It will be the best chance we have of winning this game.

firstdown 10-17-2006 03:19 PM

[quote=70Chip;230478]I like the positivity as well.

However, having been at the game on Sunday, watching our secondary from about three miles up, I have to conclude that the only way that Manning will not pass for over 300 yards is if he gets hit by a train in the next four days.

They cannot play man or zone. They do not tackle very well. They just aren't very good right now. Indianapolis had the bye week and they are in the dome. It will take a miracle for us to win.[/quote]
We can see it in your post!

MTK 10-17-2006 03:24 PM

The season can start or end on Sunday. It's gut check time.

Alvin#40 10-17-2006 03:25 PM

Don't forget, we are just 2 games out of 1st place in our division and we play them twice still. If Eagles were 5-1 and we were 3-3, would we all be freaking out still?........Oh how young the season is. We still have the Giants and Cowboys to PAYBACK at home too.:spank:

illdefined 10-17-2006 03:25 PM

with our backs against the wall...our runningbacks down their throat.

Big C 10-17-2006 03:26 PM

i think our defense is gonna get a real lashing this week at practice, and come out fired up against indy

RedskinRat 10-17-2006 03:29 PM

If we win it'll be a total team effort, just the OFF/DEF/ST being outstanding individually won't cut it.

We (the team and the fans) need this.

illdefined 10-17-2006 03:31 PM

running is the absolute best thing we can do. keep their offense and our defense off the field. hope we find a way to have Duckett active this game..

JGisLordOfTheRings 10-17-2006 03:35 PM

[quote=illdefined;230499]running is the absolute best thing we can do. keep their offense and our defense off the field. hope we find a way to have Duckett active this game..[/quote]

best thing ive heard since that Titans loss....would love to see us yank THIS one outta our ass! LOL!!!!!!!!

gOD AND gIBBS BOTH KNOW WE NEED THIS!!!!!

LBrown43 10-17-2006 03:36 PM

Ball control will be the key. Tennessee had the ball way too long. Solid running game and a few breaks defensively and we could pull it off.

Hail2em 10-17-2006 03:39 PM

all i can say about this thread is LMAO!

GTripp0012 10-17-2006 03:49 PM

[quote=firstdown;230448][B]Its just time that things and luck turn our way.[/B] We have a team that is ticked and wants to turn this ship around and Indy is going to be that team to feel the raft. Clinton is going to be the key and will real off 175 yrds as he and the line takes their fustration out on them. All these dropped interceptions and the fumbles that the other teams have been falling on are going to go our way. We keep Peyton in check by keeping him off balance and off the field. Indy is going to take this game just a litttle lite because of the 2 weeks off and its a home game. We know that with their buy last week they watched the skins and just don't think we can beat them. So lets keep this thread positive and I will be the first come Monday to say I Told You So. Oh, Brunell will be some where aroun 17/24 with about 185 yards with a TD to Sellers and one long play to Moss.[/quote]I don't know if thats the most convincing way to begin an upset arguement, but I'll live with it.

I agree with you. I think Indy is ripe for the picking. Through our first five games, we were a statistically better team than them at 2-3 than they were at 5-0. Plus their HFA isn't nearly as great as one would think. The running attack should get going. Although I fully expect to jump on them early, we really need the defense to put this one away. Otherwise, expect comeback.

I do question, win or lose, the significance of this game. We would be in great shape at the end of the year if we lost this game and won out after that, but even if we won this one, a loss to Dallas could end the season.

Crat92 10-17-2006 03:54 PM

Yes let's stay positive! Run that bitch til CP's legs fall off! Then run that bitch some more!:httr: HAIL from MCUSA!

drew54 10-17-2006 03:55 PM

Keys to beating Indy.

1. Run.
2. Run.
3. Run.

Portis runs for 100 +, we win. Portis runs for < 85 we lose again.

86 to 99, data unknown.

hesscl34 10-17-2006 03:56 PM

[quote=TAFKAS;230463]Colts will be without Brandon Stokley, who is the key to that offense!

Seriously though, I like the positivity. Go Skins![/quote]

WOW, I'm in shock... positivity??? YAY!!!!! GO SKINS!!!!!!!!!!!

SmootSmack 10-17-2006 04:08 PM

[QUOTE=hesscl34;230517]WOW, I'm in shock... positivity??? YAY!!!!! GO SKINS!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Are you shocked that I'm positive? Because I've always been

Monkeydad 10-17-2006 04:11 PM

Think about it, Tennessee held Indy to 14 points, for 7 until the end of the game. We scored 22 against the same defense the next week.

Indy has THE WORST (ranked 32nd) run defense in the NFL and we have one of the top RBs. We'll be running a LOT and when we run more than 30 times, we're pretty much unbeatable (I saw that graphic on a game this year, Jacksonville I believe).

Yes they have a great offense, although not as great as last year with their mediocre RBs splitting carries instead of Edge.

Brunell did NOT lose the game for us against the Titans. He did fine despite having a toenail ripped off during the game. The defense without Corny Griffin, Big Joe and with Carlos Rogers getting a broken finger lost the game for us. We should never have given up nealy 180 yards to Travis Henry, but we were without some VERY key players on D and the guys we did have had a bad day.

I could see us beating Indy. Even at 2-4 now, we're still in this thing. Philly is 4-2. Dallas and the Giants are 3-2 and ONE of them will lose this week since they face each other. We're 2 wins out of the top. This season is really looking like last season at the beginning. This year however, when we heat up, we'll do it with 4 good WRs instead of 1. We'll have an extra goal-line back if we ever need him. We'll have some better stars on D if they start playing up to their potential. We'll have a MUCH better backup QB than Ramsey if we need one. John Hall will be sitting where he belongs too.

We can turn it around again like last year...AND have the depth to go further in the postseason. I'm still very optimistic despite some early disappointments. The Titans seem to be a very good team with a bad record, just look at their last 2 weeks. Remember last year, we lost to the RAIDERS and it didn't kill our season. Keep looking up, people.

Yeah, Indy is going down. :)

Monkeydad 10-17-2006 04:13 PM

Oh...and Springs is back and we now have Troy Vincent who already knows Gregg Williams' defense. :)

jdlea 10-17-2006 04:22 PM

I think the Skins have an actual shot at taking down Indy. Indy doesn't stop the run so Clinton should gash them. That usually allows Brunell to do his little dink and dunk "please don't fuck up" type of passing game and they could win. The only problem is the Skins don't look like they can stop anyone, so it's kinda hard to tell what's gonna happen.

TheMalcolmConnection 10-17-2006 04:25 PM

My problem is that Brunell is going to play well enough to keep his starting job. :doh:

illdefined 10-17-2006 04:26 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection;230542]My problem is that Brunell is going to play well enough to keep his starting job. :doh:[/QUOTE]

put on your flame suit...

TheMalcolmConnection 10-17-2006 04:34 PM

People can say what they want, but everyone who has known me has known that I have been a Brunell supporter since he started. He is nowhere near consistent enough to lead this team to the Super Bowl. I don't want him next year, and he won't make enough plays to progress in the playoffs if we would have enough of a miracle to make it.

firstdown 10-17-2006 04:45 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;230548]People can say what they want, but everyone who has known me has known that I have been a Brunell supporter since he started. He is nowhere near consistent enough to lead this team to the Super Bowl. I don't want him next year, and he won't make enough plays to progress in the playoffs if we would have enough of a miracle to make it.[/quote]
Malcom did you not read this is the one positive thread. Go choose from the other 1,274,397,387,939 threads to post all that stuff for the 123,234,344,344,344 time. Tafkas gonna block you from this thread if you cannot find something good to add. Right Tafkas?

hurrykaine 10-17-2006 05:59 PM

We will lose in Indy. No two ways about it. 2-5, with 0-2 in the division, and 0-3 in the conference. Would've been nice if the Giants had lost down in Atlanta, but they didn't. We have played like the worst team in our division. This ship does not turn around all of a sudden. A team that can't make the plays needed to win at home in a must-win game against a winless club is not going anywhere. Enjoy the development of Jason Campbell this season (hopefully, he'll get a chance).

itvnetop 10-17-2006 06:24 PM

If the Titans can play Indy close, the Skins sure can. You look up and down the rosters on paper and we definitely match up with those guys. Their run defense is a weak spot, so our O-line has to play with a chip.

The difference is Peyton, the smartest QB in the history of the NFL. He's pretty much an offensive coordinator in the prime of his playing career. The Colts haven't been blowing anyone out this season and their offense has yet to find its groove. Hopefully their bye week didn't iron out any kinks.

SmootSmack 10-17-2006 06:33 PM

Well if it's any consolation, Al's offense dropped 45 on the Colts when the Chiefs played them in 2004. And Gregg's defense gave up 17 when the Bills played them in 2003.

So logically, the final score will be Redskins 45, Colts 17 :)

724Skinsfan 10-17-2006 06:39 PM

Run defense can be a misleading statistic. With Tennessee they got behind in a lot of games which naturally allowed the opponents to run more, thus increasing the total number of rushing yards versus the Titans. Indianapolis, however, has a poor run defense and they have either kept it close or have lead, which prevents an opponent from gaining a lot of clock draining rush yardage.

My point: Indy REALLY sucks at run defense and CP and Co. should have a combined 200+ day!

There's one more key to the game though: Pass rush. We have got to maintain constant pressure on Peyton.

70Chip 10-17-2006 06:39 PM

[quote=TAFKAS;230592]Well if it's any consolation, Al's offense dropped 45 on the Colts when the Chiefs played them in 2004. And Gregg's defense gave up 17 when the Bills played them in 2003.

So logically, the final score will be Redskins 45, Colts 17 :)[/quote]

That's a KIND of logic. Like hearsay and conjecture are KINDS of evidence.

[B]Update[/B]: Just saw Booger to the Colts. Bad luck for us.

SmootSmack 10-17-2006 06:44 PM

[QUOTE=70Chip;230596]That's a KIND of logic. Like hearsay and conjecture are KINDS of evidence.

[B]Update[/B]: Just saw Booger to the Colts. Bad luck for us.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you know I'm only teasing. Just trying to add some levity to all this gloom 'n doom.

I do think we can win, however.

70Chip 10-17-2006 06:46 PM

[quote=TAFKAS;230599]I'm sure you know I'm only teasing. Just trying to add some levity to all this gloom 'n doom.

I do think we can win, however.[/quote]

Same here. All in good fun.

Seriously, I take hope in the fact that we tend to play to the level of the competition. I'm sure they'll at least have a hop in their step this week. If we can get to 38 minutes of TOP we could win.

I was horrified to see our pass defense in person, though. Other groups (O-line, D-line, kick coverage) are, IMO, under-achieving. This secondary is simply clueless.

TheMalcolmConnection 10-17-2006 06:53 PM

[quote=firstdown;230555]Malcom did you not read this is the one positive thread. Go choose from the other 1,274,397,387,939 threads to post all that stuff for the 123,234,344,344,344 time. Tafkas gonna block you from this thread if you cannot find something good to add. Right Tafkas?[/quote]

Are you [sarcasm] [/sarcasm]?