Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brady or Manning? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=15347)

The Zimmermans 10-31-2006 10:57 AM

Brady or Manning?

Both guys looked unbelievable this week. Who would you rather have??? I'd go with brady, he seems more unflappable, Manning falls apart when he's faced with adversity. What do you think.

61cad 10-31-2006 11:00 AM

Re: Brady or Manning?

Manning will get you to the post season.

Brady will win in the post season.

I would rather have Manning.

GTripp0012 10-31-2006 11:03 AM

Brady does a bunch of stuff really well and is a great player.

Peyton is on a whole different level. He may be top five of all time, and could be higher when he's finished.

I'll take Peyton.

The Zimmermans 10-31-2006 11:06 AM

I don't like how when they lose, manning finds somewhere to place the blame (The O-line against Pitt). He sometimes expects too much out of his players, while brady always performs in any conditions. Plus brady doesnt have harrison and Wayne, I wonder how manning wouldve handled losing all of his receivers. But i'll admit, the pats D has always been much better than the colts, which is a HUGE factor.

jdlea 10-31-2006 11:13 AM

Tom Brady wins no matter who is around him. I like them both and Peyton's numbers are impossible to argue with. However, I think the rings speak louder than anything else. Let's see what happens now that Peyton has Vinatieri, though. I say, let's get through this year and then have this conversation again. I think I'd rather have Manning, but he's not really the great big game QB. Hard to say...one thing I do know, I'd take either over any qb the Skins have had in the last 14 years!

724Skinsfan 10-31-2006 11:16 AM

Until last night, I leaned towards Manning but now I give the nod to Brady.

dmek25 10-31-2006 11:18 AM

isn't winning the name of the game? Brady is the man. manning can get you close, but no cigar. Brady's cast has change alot over the last couple of seasons, but the results remain the same. manning has basically had the same team around him ( other than James) for about the last 5 seasons

MTK 10-31-2006 11:20 AM

Brady is the easy choice. Until Manning starts bringing home some hardware, he's just the Marino to Brady's Montana.

skins268 10-31-2006 11:39 AM

peyton=Marino Brady is the man and will be for a long time.

redsk1 10-31-2006 11:46 AM

Both are great. Their teams are fun to watch. It's not always a legit opinion to say Manning has never won the SB so Brady's better. For some qb's i can see that, but not for Manning. I would like to think if Manning played for the Patriots he would have a couple few trophies by now, right? I think he would.

BDBohnzie 10-31-2006 11:55 AM

I'd give the edge to Manning. I think he's just more of a presence out there. Now, Brady is still a great QB, but I think Manning's definitely got more on his shoulders.

TheMalcolmConnection 10-31-2006 01:02 PM

It could be said that Brady has had a great set of talent around him, coaching, defense, he had it all. For years, Manning played with a shitty defense and even then he was basically a coach playing QB.

wilsowilso 10-31-2006 01:17 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;236822]Brady does a bunch of stuff really well and is a great player.

Peyton is on a whole different level. He may be top five of all time, and could be higher when he's finished.

I'll take Peyton.[/quote]

To me Tom Brady is just about on the same level with some of the greats of all time and it's Manning who is a step below. Brady does a bunch of stuff better than almost any quarteback I have ever seen. His overall football IQ is higher than Manning who seems to be missing something although nobody is quite sure what that is because his numbers are so ridiculous.

MTK 10-31-2006 01:19 PM

You could easily say though that Manning has had more offensive weapons around him. He's playing with two #1 caliber WRs in Harrison and Wayne. Brady has never had one WR of that quality let alone two. Manning also played for years with Edge. The best back Brady has had is Dillon and they caught him on the downside of his career.

Going back to his college days Manning has never won "the big one".

dmek25 10-31-2006 01:31 PM

" the big one?" insert your own joke here