Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Wizards Tip Off Tonight! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=15377)

SmootSmack 11-01-2006 04:33 PM

Wizards Tip Off Tonight!

The injury to Songaila hurts and I hope Haywood (and more importantly his agent) don't become a distraction. But I think the Wizards have a chance to do some real damage this year. I'm hearing really good things about James Lang, could make Brenda expendable.

Redskins_P 11-01-2006 04:57 PM

Re: Wizards Tip Off Tonight!

I can't f-ing wait. Since the Skins have done nothing but let me down, I'm really looking forward the Wizards this season. I really hope that the moves they made will turnout to be helpful.....especially on the defensive side of the ball. Thats what they've been lacking eversince E.J came on board. But I think they addressed that need with Stevenson. I heard Etan has been a force in the paint (at least defensively and on rebounds). Thats the whole reason why he's starting. Because Brenda thinks that since he's been here...he deserves to start.

I don't think Brenda will be a distraction at all. He's the most immature crybaby on the team, so I think the guys will be able move on without him (whether he gets traded or he plays less). I haven't seen this kid Lang, but I've heard that he has a lot of potential.

I'm more excited to see how much Andray Blatche has developed with a full offseason without any bullets in his chest. I can see him being a great #6 guy coming off the bench.

TAFKAS, I know you're going to miss watching the game on Comcast with Steve Buckhantz. DAGGER!!!! HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT!!!!

SmootSmack 11-01-2006 05:02 PM

Pana, I went ahead and bought NBA League Pass. For $179 I figured it was worth it.

I'm anxious to see Hayes also. If he's healthy he's instant offense off the bench.

SkinsLove24/7 11-01-2006 05:33 PM

[QUOTE]TAFKAS, I know you're going to miss watching the game on Comcast with Steve Buckhantz. DAGGER!!!! HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT!!!![/QUOTE]

Tonight's game will be broadcast on ESPN as the first part of a double header w/ the Suns and Clippers at 10. I am pumped for the game to. If DeShawn Stevenson can be a defensive presence and shut down a top scorer like LeBron or whoever and Gilbert gets his 30 this will be a good team. The team in the east is the Bulls. I got money on the Wiz covering the 6 1/2(little nervous about this one) and the over/under is 194. I bet the under hoping both defense come to play after a shoot out in the postseson series last year. GO WIZARDS!!!

Redskins_P 11-01-2006 06:09 PM

[QUOTE=SkinsLove24/7;237448]Tonight's game will be broadcast on ESPN as the first part of a double header w/ the Suns and Clippers at 10. I am pumped for the game to. If DeShawn Stevenson can be a defensive presence and shut down a top scorer like LeBron or whoever and Gilbert gets his 30 this will be a good team. The team in the east is the Bulls. I got money on the Wiz covering the 6 1/2(little nervous about this one) and the over/under is 194. I bet the under hoping both defense come to play after a shoot out in the postseson series last year. GO WIZARDS!!![/QUOTE]

Oh so we don't even get a choice between ESPN and Comcast? I didn't even know that.

Sucks man....Buckhantz is great.

dmek25 11-01-2006 06:10 PM

[quote=TAFKAS;237445]Pana, I went ahead and bought NBA League Pass. For $179 I figured it was worth it.

I'm anxious to see Hayes also. If he's healthy he's instant offense off the bench.[/quote]
are you that much of a wizards fan? i love the nba, and the sixers, and would love to get the pass

Redskins_P 11-01-2006 06:10 PM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS;237445]Pana, I went ahead and bought NBA League Pass. For $179 I figured it was worth it.

I'm anxious to see Hayes also. If he's healthy he's instant offense off the bench.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen anyone selling the new jerseys? Its a little too "golden" for me, but I still might get one.

Big C 11-01-2006 06:19 PM

i will be watching on comcast thats for sure. i cant stand all the head lebron gets from espn. btw haywood isnt the starter as of now, etan thomas is starting tonight

SmootSmack 11-01-2006 06:26 PM

[QUOTE=dmek25;237455]are you that much of a wizards fan? i love the nba, and the sixers, and would love to get the pass[/QUOTE]

I've been a season ticket holder with my brother and some friends for about 10 years. Still am, but obviously can't go to as many games now. For online access, all the games, plus NBA TV $179 (special $20 discount through next Tuesday) seemed like a pretty good deal.

SmootSmack 11-01-2006 06:27 PM

[QUOTE=Big C;237459]i will be watching on comcast thats for sure. i cant stand all the head lebron gets from espn. btw haywood isnt the starter as of now, etan thomas is starting tonight[/QUOTE]

Yeah and Haywood's agent has been saying it obviously was a personal decision not a basketball decision. And Haywood needs to be somewhere where he's appreciated and Washington doesn't appear to be that place

Big C 11-01-2006 06:31 PM

ive actually wanted etan to be our starting center for years, when given 20+ minutes he is a rebounding machine

ArtMonkDrillz 11-01-2006 07:09 PM

[QUOTE=Redskins_P;237456]Have you seen anyone selling the new jerseys? Its a little too "golden" for me, but I still might get one.[/QUOTE]

The new uniforms are terrible, IMO. I would think that their normal design in all black would be the best alternate jersey, but I guess that's why I don't get paid for these decisions.

[IMG]http://static.flickr.com/80/274572216_7e951147db_o.jpg[/IMG]

ArtMonkDrillz 11-01-2006 07:10 PM

Happy the season is starting though; too bad it's Lost night.

Big C 11-01-2006 07:20 PM

btw i hope that we have more wizards discussion on here, ive been having to go on to extremeskins to do my wizards talk

Daseal 11-01-2006 08:01 PM

Hrm, Wizards tickets are reasonable. Warpath hoops night anyone?

What a waste on post 5000!