Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Well this is a shocker!!!! (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/15405-well-this-is-a-shocker.html)

saden1 11-02-2006 04:47 PM

Well this is a shocker!!!!

CEO just sent us, a small outlet office consisting of 30 or so people, an email informing us that our Company has been bought by [Big Company]. I'm expecting the worst, hoping for the best, and this weekend will be dedicated to resume polishing.

Has anyone been through an acquisitions? What was it like? We have a meeting tomorrow to discuss the acquisition, any suggestions for questions to ask?

GhettoDogAllStars 11-02-2006 04:50 PM

Re: Well this is a shocker!!!!

do you have stock? not sure what happens to it ... maybe you can sell it and retire! :)

VTSkins897 11-02-2006 04:53 PM

are they keeping the employees around i wonder? i was on the audit team for a sale of a business segment and they got rid of a good amount of people. it really just depends on what you do.

another acquisition i worked on just a few weeks ago they kept nearly everyone. it was a warehouse though so that's more common.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 11-02-2006 04:57 PM

Who they keep and who they let go is contingent upon so many variables that it is hard to tell you what will take place. But, whatever happens, I wish you the best of luck. If the "worst case" scenario happens, I am sure that you will find a new job - you seem very intelligent and personable.

RedskinRat 11-02-2006 05:01 PM

Hey Saden1, I wish you good luck with the acquisitions. Our 100+ person marketing company was bought by Novo1 and run into the ground in under two years. We all got let go last November....Merry Motherfucking Xmas!

All of the questions we asked were answered in what we though was an honest way, you won't know until the axe drops. Sorry to sound so negative but it was an incredibly negative event.

Hopefully someone else will have a sunnier outlook.

724Skinsfan 11-02-2006 05:04 PM

I worked as a network design engineer for a small company that was bought out by Alcoa-Fujikura. Two months later all of us were layed-off. The big company will evaluate assets and liabilities. If your division is generating revenue I think you'll be alright. If not, then you're right: it's resume polishing time. Hope everything turns out alright for you!

GhettoDogAllStars 11-02-2006 05:05 PM

you don't have anything to worry about ... until they bring in Bob and Bob ;)

hooskins 11-02-2006 05:08 PM

I am still young, but my suggestion would be to start working on that resume.

RedskinRat 11-02-2006 05:13 PM

[quote=GhettoDogAllStars;237931]you don't have anything to worry about ... until they bring in Bob and Bob ;)[/quote]

Lumberg: [I]"Um, I'm gonna need you go ahead and come
in tomorrow. So if you could be here around nine, that would be great."
[/I]

SmootSmack 11-02-2006 05:50 PM

100 bucks says we see Saden sitting in the owners box with Dan "Big Company" Snyder and TomKat by the Panthers game

RedskinRat 11-02-2006 06:08 PM

Next season, Fed Ex Field, Opening game.

Saden1: [I]"Hey, short-ass, you're in my fucking seat! Move!"[/I]

Daniel Snyder [I]:"Yes, Boss. Sorry, Boss!"[/I]*

[B]*[/B][FONT="Arial"][SIZE=1]Not entirely unlikely.[/SIZE][/font]

FRPLG 11-02-2006 07:26 PM

[QUOTE=saden1;237915]CEO just sent us, a small outlet office consisting of 30 or so people, that our Company has been bought by [Big Company]. I'm expecting the worst, hoping for the best, and this weekend will be dedicated to resume polishing.

Has anyone been through an acquisitions? What was it like? We have a meeting tomorrow to discuss the acquisition, any suggestions for questions to ask?[/QUOTE]

Seems like these situations are usually negative. I think resume polishing is a good idea.

Duffman003 11-02-2006 08:36 PM

no this is a shocker [url=http://www.collegehumor.com/picture:61216]Even jason mraz does the shocker! - CollegeHumor picture[/url]