Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Make ARE the #2 receiver... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=15504)

Daseal 11-06-2006 10:39 AM

Make ARE the #2 receiver...

... because Lloyd is our new cornerback. Anyone notice the sweet defense he played? He kept one ball from being intercepted by knocking it away from (I believe) Henry. Then, the ball the bounced off of Roy Williams helmet, even if Roy got his hands on it, Lloyd came and put a big hit on him that would have made the catch very very difficult.

Big props to the defense he played on offense. He alone saved one int, and had the opportunity presented itself, maybe two!

SouperMeister 11-06-2006 10:43 AM

Re: Make ARE the #2 receiver...

[quote=Daseal;240048]... because Lloyd is our new cornerback. Anyone notice the sweet defense he played? He kept one ball from being intercepted by knocking it away from (I believe) Henry. Then, the ball the bounced off of Roy Williams helmet, even if Roy got his hands on it, Lloyd came and put a big hit on him that would have made the catch very very difficult.

Big props to the defense he played on offense. He alone saved one int, and had the opportunity presented itself, maybe two![/quote]
Give Lloyd some love too. He made a great adjustment for a 30+ yard reception that was nullified by a Fauria holding call, he burned Dallas for the long PI call on Roy Williams, and he made the key block to spring Portis for his long TD run. It was good to see Brunell finally take his blinders off and look for someone other than Cooley and Moss.

TheMalcolmConnection 11-06-2006 10:49 AM

Wow, maybe they've been reading what we've BEEN saying all along.

MTK 11-06-2006 10:51 AM

That play he made in the endzone to knock the ball away was really great, I was surprised that Aikman or Buck didn't point that out.

The Zimmermans 11-06-2006 10:53 AM

The guy looks great, very explosive, and is showing great hands. We definately have the best receiving core we've had in years, just need mark to open things up some more.

724Skinsfan 11-06-2006 10:57 AM

How about we make Moss, Lloyd and ARE our #1 receivers and Brunell throws to whichever looks to be the most open. We'll call them collectively as The Chimera. Cooley and Thrash can be our #2 and 3.

redsk1 11-06-2006 10:59 AM

LLoyd had a great game today even though the stats don't show it.

Crat92 11-06-2006 11:01 AM

I like ARE's play making ability. Why not put him back there with Rock on kickoff returns?

SmootSmack 11-06-2006 11:13 AM

Props to the front office I suppose for making sure we had "too many" receivers for a day like yesterday.

Now if my main man Patten can just take the field...

TheMalcolmConnection 11-06-2006 11:14 AM

Yup, I agree. Remember last year with Jacobs, Thrash and Farris? Ugh. I think Patten would have been great yesterday too, but we can always count on my boy Thrash to ALWAYS be clutch. He doesn't put up gaudy numbers, but he's there when you need him.

EternalEnigma21 11-06-2006 12:07 PM

I thought you were bashing lloyd... yeah I mentioned his big D and the hit on williams was nice...

I've grown to really like lloyd and hope we can keep our recievers around for a long time... even patten. If you ever doubt patten can play, look at the replays of the last years niner's games highlights. He looked like steve smith...

BDBohnzie 11-06-2006 12:12 PM

Thrash stepped up big time yesterday with Moss and Patten out. Hopefully after yesterday, Brunell will feel more comfortable hitting downfield targets...

Pocket$ $traight 11-06-2006 12:21 PM

According to Rexi, Lloyd is garbage and that we were stupid for picking him up. He would never make a play on a CB to save a possesion. He would never make a big block to spring a runningback. All he cares about is making highlight plays. We would have been much better with the quintessential locker room leader, Antonio Bryant.

HA HA HA HA

MTK 11-06-2006 12:27 PM

[quote=Grim21Reaper;240167]According to Rexi, Lloyd is garbage and that we were stupid for picking him up. He would never make a play on a CB to save a possesion. He would never make a big block to spring a runningback. All he cares about is making highlight plays. We would have been much better with the quintessential locker room leader, Antonio Bryant.

HA HA HA HA[/quote]

And don't forget that TO is a saint and can do no wrong. What a joke.

Redskins_P 11-06-2006 12:28 PM

[QUOTE=Grim21Reaper;240167]According to Rexi, Lloyd is garbage and that we were stupid for picking him up. He would never make a play on a CB to save a possesion. He would never make a big block to spring a runningback. All he cares about is making highlight plays. We would have been much better with the quintessential locker room leader, Antonio Bryant.

HA HA HA HA[/QUOTE]

Just the name "rexi" makes me laugh.....