Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   F... Elevator Door Crowders (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=15567)

jamf 11-08-2006 12:49 AM

F... Elevator Door Crowders

We've all been there, riding in a packed elevator dieing to get out and when it finally stops at the floor you are getting off, the doors open and there is some jackass already walking into the packed elevator.

BACK THE FUCK UP!
This was a problem at a DC hotel. Apparently British teenagers need to do a god damn cartwheel into the elevator.

RobH4413 11-08-2006 12:50 AM

Re: F... Elevator Door Crowders

man I hate the british.

That Guy 11-08-2006 01:41 AM

they're not all bad:
[IMG]http://www.lucypinder.info/assets/images/autogen/a_Rubber_Gallery_2.jpg[/IMG]

SmootSmack 11-08-2006 06:56 AM

I hear ya jamf. I hate that too. And people who take elevator to go one floor. And people who stop at the end of the escalator and look around before deciding which direction to go. F people! Plus they're not as easy to drop kick as puppies.

TheMalcolmConnection 11-08-2006 08:30 AM

Speaking of crowding, I've noticed this phenomenon in movie theaters, anywhere there is seating. If you go into a movie theater, without fail, if there are 100 open seats, SOMEONE will sit right next to you, in front of you or behind you. I came in late to a movie in a huge theater once and there were only like 30 people, but they all were in the same area. It wasn't like they all wanted to be right in the middle. It was like they were all on the far left.

BDBohnzie 11-08-2006 10:10 AM

TMC - I bet they knew you were coming, so they sat away from your smelly ass...

yes, big pet peeve of mine is those who cannot wait a damn second for those in the elevator to exit before walking on. Same goes for the subway...

saden1 11-08-2006 10:20 AM

[QUOTE=That Guy;241409]they're not all bad:[/QUOTE]

But you haven't seen a smile showing some teeth yet.

Oh and fuck crowders. The worst offenders are those waiting for airport trams. It's like where they are headed is more important than where you are headed.

GhettoDogAllStars 11-08-2006 10:20 AM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS;241422]I hear ya jamf. I hate that too. And people who take elevator to go one floor.[/QUOTE]

I work in a 5 story building ... the top two floors are barely occupied. There are hundreds of people on the 2nd and 3rd floors, and not really anything on the 1st floor. Most people (95%) only have to go up one or two floors, but everyone uses the elevator. I always use the stairs, and each time there are people waiting to get on the elevator. I can hear the elevator working, and I know when it stops. Each time I walk past people waiting for the elevator, and I reach the 3rd floor before I hear the elevator stop at the 2nd floor. It's definitely not a time issue -- just laziness.

Also, on one occassion, one of the elevators was broken, and there were people all standing around, waiting for the other elevator, and trying to understand that the other is broken. I swear, if both elevators were broken, people wouldn't know how to get to work. I'm not even kidding, they would have just stood there forever, or gone home. It's funny and sad at the same time.

saden1 11-08-2006 10:27 AM

[QUOTE=GhettoDogAllStars;241489]I work in a 5 story building ... the top two floors are barely occupied. There are hundreds of people on the 2nd and 3rd floors, and not really anything on the 1st floor. Most people (95%) only have to go up one or two floors, but everyone uses the elevator. I always use the stairs, and each time there are people waiting to get on the elevator. I can hear the elevator working, and I know when it stops. Each time I walk past people waiting for the elevator, and I reach the 3rd floor before I hear the elevator stop at the 2nd floor. It's definitely not a time issue -- just laziness.

Also, on one occassion, one of the elevators was broken, and there were people all standing around, waiting for the other elevator, and trying to understand that the other is broken. I swear, if both elevators were broken, people wouldn't know how to get to work. I'm not even kidding, they would have just stood there forever, or gone home. It's funny and sad at the same time.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. Our building is 3 stories and we are on the 2nd floor. I always take the steps but I see idiots standing there waiting for a slow ass elevator. I'm already getting comfortable and getting some coffee by the time I see the idiots come out of the elevator.

MTK 11-08-2006 10:27 AM

I think this goes hand in hand with any entering/exiting a room situation.

Haven't you ever tried walking out of a mall or restaurant and someone is trying to butt their way in while you're trying to walk out? Ugh I f'in hate that.

Traffic rules should apply to doors as well. Always stay to your right. I can't stand it when someone is trying to come in through a door where everyone else is exiting.

MTK 11-08-2006 10:31 AM

I work in a 2 story office building with an elevator. I rarely use it, but there are some people that use it all the freaking time. I can understand if you're older or have health problems, but there are plenty of healthy and young people that use it. F'in lazy asses!

Stacks42 11-08-2006 10:47 AM

I hate the f-ing morons that push the elevator button 3 seconds after I did, its still lit up. I dont know why it bothers me so much, its like when a dog marks its territory then another dog comes along right behind him and covers it up.

Monkeydad 11-08-2006 11:02 AM

I use stairs whenever possible. The building I work in...work on the top (3rd) floor and I have to go to the first, second and most often - the basement all throughout the day. I love the exercise but even if I didn't...the elevator is SO SLOW. Since the first and second floors are open to the public, the elevator is ALWAYS tied up down there somewhere and you have to wait usually 5 minutes for it to empty out and make up up to the top floor...then it moves SLOW. I can make it to the basement in a minute if I have to, do what I need to do and make it back up before the LAZY person waiting for the elevator to come up to even get in the elevator.

I agree with all of you.

ArtMonkDrillz 11-08-2006 11:04 AM

Part of the reason that I quit a decent job to take the crappy one that I'm at now is that I hated taking the Metro everyday so damn much (especially during touristy times). People would crowd the doors when you're trying to get off the train, or shove you as you're waiting for people to get off, and they would stand on the left side of the escalators even though there was a long line of pissed off people waiting behind them.
When in a Metro station, if you want to stand on the escalator like it's a God damn Disneyworld ride or something, stand to the right! The left side is for people who actually feel the need to get from one place to another in a short amount of time.

That Guy 11-08-2006 11:20 PM

yeah, i'm definitely anti-non-walking-metro-escalator-riders.