Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What's the worst sports related injury you've ever had? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=15574)

Stacks42 11-08-2006 01:06 PM

Re: What's the worst sports related injury you've ever had?

I was playing football in high school, on the kickoff team someone nailed the opposing player he went flying towards me and his facemask landed on the top of my foot shattering 3 of the 5 filanges (bad spelling). Went through 9 hours of surgery (i woke up twice and sat up during the surgery). I was layed up for 6 months with pins in my foot then it took me another 3 months to walk normally again. But we did win the game!

GhettoDogAllStars 11-08-2006 01:08 PM

Broken thumb from football
Broken nose from baseball
Dislocated shoulder from golf

... all of them happened while practicing. :(

Worst injury witnessed on TV: Willis MaGahee/Theisman

SkinsLove24/7 11-08-2006 01:13 PM

I got the injury that is gonna take home first place guaranteed!!!!

I played rugby in high school for DeMatha and we were playing against St. John's at their field. A St. John's player had the ball and got wrapped up by one of our guys but stayed on his feet. Another guy from my team was right there to help finish the tackle but at the last second the guys spun around to avoid contact basically putting the DeMatha tackler that was already on him between the oncoming tackler and himself. Naturally in rugby you get low to tackle and the oncoming DeMatha tackler went face first into his own teammates head. The collision didn't seem bad but then we realized the guy coming in to make the tackle was missing 2 teeth. They had been loged in the head of his teammate who didn't even realize the 2 teeth were in his head. So, we had one of our guys missing 2 teeth and all bloody while our other teammate had the 2 teeth stuck in his head, which was also bleeding. Luckily they weren't deep and they got pulled out. I saw this happen and was pretty disgusted and people in the crowd were pretty shocked at it. The crazy thing is that our guy who lost the teeth had a mouth guard but it had fallen out of place just for second, and it was right as the hit happened. Crazy!

RobH4413 11-08-2006 01:14 PM

[quote=GhettoDogAllStars;241639]Broken thumb from football
Broken nose from baseball
[B]Dislocated shoulder from golf[/B]

... all of them happened while practicing. :(

Worst injury witnessed on TV: Willis MaGahee/Theisman[/quote]
A friend of mine did that too, I couldn't believe you could do something like that through golf... but I guess it makes sense.

Jamaican'Skin 11-08-2006 01:17 PM

First season playing high school football, I went all out to get a starting spot. The had me playing LDE, and this one play, I boke the tackle's ankles, got around the corner, and met had to head with the fullback. We both had severe concussions. Second wost injury as later that season. I got high- lowed by the tackle and guard. Tore my meniscus up real bad

GhettoDogAllStars 11-08-2006 01:23 PM

[QUOTE=SkinsLove24/7;241644]I got the injury that is gonna take home first place guaranteed!!!!

I played rugby in high school for DeMatha and we were playing against St. John's at their field. A St. John's player had the ball and got wrapped up by one of our guys but stayed on his feet. Another guy from my team was right there to help finish the tackle but at the last second the guys spun around to avoid contact basically putting the DeMatha tackler that was already on him between the oncoming tackler and himself. Naturally in rugby you get low to tackle and the oncoming DeMatha tackler went face first into his own teammates head. The collision didn't seem bad but then we realized the guy coming in to make the tackle was missing 2 teeth. They had been loged in the head of his teammate who didn't even realize the 2 teeth were in his head. So, we had one of our guys missing 2 teeth and all bloody while our other teammate had the 2 teeth stuck in his head, which was also bleeding. Luckily they weren't deep and they got pulled out. I saw this happen and was pretty disgusted and people in the crowd were pretty shocked at it. The crazy thing is that our guy who lost the teeth had a mouth guard but it had fallen out of place just for second, and it was right as the hit happened. Crazy![/QUOTE]

Holy shit, that happened to a guy I know who played rugby in the MD area ... do you know his name (the guy who lost his teeth)?

hesscl34 11-08-2006 01:24 PM

real men play rugby... !

MTK 11-08-2006 01:40 PM

Skinslove, that's horrible. I couldn't even finish reading your post.

Maybe you can help me out with a rugby related thing. I was good friends with the rugby guys when I was going to school in Oneonta, but something about them was definitely "off". Mainly their keg parties where they all ended up naked at some point, doing body shots, or even worse, crack shots! Is that a rugby thing?? They would also end up shirtless at some point during the night at the bars and they would dump beers all over each other.

They were always trying to get me to play rugby, but those parties always had me running the other way.

ArtMonkDrillz 11-08-2006 01:54 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;241668]Skinslove, that's horrible. I couldn't even finish reading your post.

Maybe you can help me out with a rugby related thing. I was good friends with the rugby guys when I was going to school in Oneonta, but something about them was definitely "off". Mainly their keg parties where they all ended up naked at some point, doing body shots, or even worse, crack shots! Is that a rugby thing?? They would also end up shirtless at some point during the night at the bars and they would dump beers all over each other.

They were always trying to get me to play rugby, but those parties always had me running the other way.[/QUOTE]

The ruby guys at my college were like that too. They also burned shit all the time at their parties.

GTripp0012 11-08-2006 01:56 PM

Either my concussion as a freshman (on a kick return) or my severly dislocated left arm playing... wait for it....ULTIMATE FRISBEE.

I was going full speed for the frisbee and when I got there a guy on my team tripped and went flying, ended up hitting the ground and cutting my legs out from under me and then I go flying and catch my fall on my left arm, and then I hear a pop, and I'm on the ground and my arm is immobilized out of the socket.

Fun stuff.

MTK 11-08-2006 01:56 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;241671]The ruby guys at my college were like that too. They also burned shit all the time at their parties.[/quote]

As much as they weirded me out, they were great allies to have. If you weren't in a frat you needed someone on your side, and the rugby guys were the only group that NOBODY wanted to F with.

TheMalcolmConnection 11-08-2006 01:56 PM

Rugby guys walk to a different drum beat. You ever call them gay for running around naked with their buddies, they go do a girl and take pictures and staple them to your forehead with their fist.

MTK 11-08-2006 01:57 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;241677]Rugby guys walk to a different drum beat. You ever call them gay for running around naked with their buddies, they go do a girl and take pictures and staple them to your forehead with their fist.[/quote]

LOL that sums them up perfectly

ArtMonkDrillz 11-08-2006 01:58 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;241676]As much as they weirded me out, they were great allies to have. If you weren't in a frat you needed someone on your side, and the rugby guys were the only group that NOBODY wanted to F with.[/QUOTE]
You're completely right about that. I was in a fraternity but I still felt the need to keep things friendly with those guys.

dmek25 11-08-2006 02:45 PM

i basically had the same injury Bo Jackson had, my hip bone basically separated in half. did it while playing basketball( non contact) and this has to be one of the most painful injuries ever. i pride myself on being a tough guy, but man, that was some intense pain