Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trent Green return to washington? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=15584)

dall-assblows 11-08-2006 06:31 PM

Trent Green return to washington?

i heard today on pti that even though trent green is going to be heathy soon, they are going to stick with huard. now if that is true i don't think that trent will like that and will demand a trade after the season or will be released. being that trent was with saunders for a couple of years, do you think we will make a move for him?

Longtimefan 11-08-2006 06:57 PM

Re: Trent Green return to washington?

[QUOTE=dall-assblows;241878]i heard today on pti that even though trent green is going to be heathy soon, they are going to stick with huard. now if that is true i don't think that trent will like that and will demand a trade after the season or will be released. being that trent was with saunders for a couple of years, do you think we will make a move for him?[/QUOTE]

Do you think we'll ever have an opportunity to move foreward, establish a long term solution for our QB situation which has been absent for so long, if we continue to committ our resources to old, short term fixes with no shelf life? Granted Trent Green knows the offense and is famaliar with AL Saunders, but this guy's best years are behind him, and he would just be a short term fix at best. I would say pass based on our current QB situation, but with our current FO and the way they do business, anything's possible.

dall-assblows 11-08-2006 07:49 PM

i dont want him. if saunders wants him then we will probably get him though

SmootSmack 11-08-2006 07:53 PM

I was wondering about this same thing yesterday. But, as much as I like him, we need to focus on Campbell as our starter in 2007. We already have someone who knows the system in Todd Collins, and Collins is younger than Green. Heck, even Brunell is younger than Green.

On another note, this could be the last season in the NFL for a lot of QBs who have very good to great careers-Bledsoe, Brunell, Favre, Green

saden1 11-08-2006 08:49 PM

No thanks...he will be 37 years old next year.

Big C 11-08-2006 09:26 PM

trent and brunell are the same age, no need to trade for green. we need to move forward not keep getting older qbs

Paintrain 11-08-2006 10:33 PM

No no no no no!!! Why would we want to get OLDER at the most important position on the field? There is one direction we need to go at QB for the next 2 years and that is Jason Campbell. Put him in, give him 18-24 games to see what we have and only then should we look elsewhere if it's clear he can't do the job.

That Guy 11-08-2006 11:01 PM

he's better than brunell, but it'd be another band aid for a bullet hole :/.

skinsfan69 11-08-2006 11:02 PM

That is just Kornheiser and Wilbon running off at the mouth. It's not going to happen. KC isn't stupid. They are not going to just let him walk away for nothing. You don't give invest 2 #1 picks on a guy and not play him. Jason Campbell is the future. However I would love to see Trent Green come in as a back up. Just in case.

skinsguy 11-08-2006 11:25 PM

Now if this was a couple seasons ago, and we had a choice between Green or Brunell, I would have definitely said go with Green. I would probably take Green as a backup to JC, but I agree with everybody else, Jason is our future and we want our future looking bright and young!

GTripp0012 11-09-2006 03:12 AM

Campbells going to be the QB, but you'd just be getting another Brunell. Cheaper, maybe? Not the way we pay guys.

marius 11-09-2006 03:32 AM

[QUOTE=skinsfan69;241943]You don't give invest 2 #1 picks on a guy and not play him. [/QUOTE]

The Redskins FO might...

vaoutlaws2006 11-09-2006 06:42 AM

[quote=saden1;241921]No thanks...he will be 37 years old next year.[/quote]

my thoughts exactly. I want to see #17 behind center next season.

dmek25 11-09-2006 06:45 AM

if campbell doesnt start next season, then he cant play in this league. just a thought

Paintrain 11-09-2006 07:52 AM

[QUOTE=dmek25;242006]if campbell doesnt start next season, then he cant play in this league. just a thought[/QUOTE]

According to the guys on Fox (Jimmy Johnson & Howie Long) he must not be able to play now. The reasoning is if you give up that much for a player, he's #3 on the depth chart and Brunell isn't getting the job done consistently and he STILL can't sniff any game action then he must not be NFL material. Hate to agree but it's hard to argue with that logic.