Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   F people that call me to tell me they are faxing me (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/15645-f-people-call-me-tell-me.html)

Mattyk 11-10-2006 02:26 PM

F people that call me to tell me they are faxing me

Work related obviously.

I can't even count how many STUPID phone calls like this I get every day. I get people calling me to tell me they are going to fax me something. I'm like, great, just fax it already.

Then I get people calling me to check to see if I got their fax. Sometimes I'll say, did you get your fax confirmation? There's your answer genius.

An hour of my time must be wasted every day answering stupid questions like this. Anyone else have any work related horror stories like this?

RedskinRat 11-10-2006 02:27 PM

Re: F people that call me to tell me they are faxing me

Add to that the old classic "Did you get my email?"

WTF!?!?!?

TheMalcolmConnection 11-10-2006 02:28 PM

I hate how in my voicemail I say, "For more immediate assistance PLEASE email me rather than leaving a voicemail."

And still, just a voicemail. I'll even call them back the next day and be like, "Yeah, I would have gotten to it earlier if I would have gotten an email."

Still, voicemails only.

Mattyk 11-10-2006 02:34 PM

Yeah I have my fax number in my voicemail message and I can't tell you how many messages I get from people asking me for my fax.

Those are times where I really need a sharp object to drive through my skull.

TheMalcolmConnection 11-10-2006 02:36 PM

I think people just totally tune out when voicemail comes up. They just wait for the beep. I could have a message saying, "If you leave me a message and put your personal information, I'm going to use it to track you down and then torture and kill you and your family. BEEP!"

"So hey Malcolm, it's ____________, I'm having this computer problem. I'm in the office right now, so just give me a call."

TheMalcolmConnection 11-10-2006 02:37 PM

That also pisses me off. I say, "Please leave a detailed message and send a detailed email."

And I get this, "Hey, it's ____________. Having this problem. Come by or give me a call."

How about not?

hooskins 11-10-2006 02:44 PM

Yeah TMC, that is common work related or not.

The voicemails that are like..

"Hey call me back"

It is like no shit, I already got that info from my missed calls log, you are suppose to give me more info on the voicemail you shitface.

dmek25 11-10-2006 02:59 PM

what ever happened to the good old days, when people actually talked to each other about work problems? everything is either email or faxed. maybe thats why everyone lacks social skills of yesteryear

saden1 11-10-2006 04:52 PM

Matty, is it "job hate week" this week?

Mattyk 11-10-2006 07:41 PM

[quote=saden1;242902]Matty, is it "job hate week" this week?[/quote]

LOL that's every week for me

That Guy 11-11-2006 02:03 AM

some people only have one phone line, so they have to call to let the other person hook up the fax.

and checking is generally a good idea, cause while the machine might say it was received, that doesn't mean it's legible or the right thing that got faxed.

BDBohnzie 11-13-2006 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=dmek25;242821]what ever happened to the good old days, when people actually talked to each other about work problems? everything is either email or faxed. maybe thats why everyone lacks social skills of yesteryear[/QUOTE]
I'd actually rather have an email, that way I have a papertrail started, and it gets me out of having to write shit down when people talk to me about doing something. I'll call to confirm that the actions in the email have been done...but if it starts with an email, it's much easier for me to track progress and get-r-done.

BigSKINBauer 11-13-2006 01:57 PM

[quote=dmek25;242821]what ever happened to the good old days, when people actually talked to each other about work problems? everything is either email or faxed. maybe thats why everyone lacks social skills of yesteryear[/quote]
Thats the thing though. Faxing and emailing is more effecient but people are used to the old way of doing things. Some people just can't get around to trusting these things just yet. maybe someday people will e0mail each other to check if they got their virtual mail.

Redskins_P 11-13-2006 02:18 PM

F people who email you then call you two minutes later to confirm you got the email. WTF is that?

SmootSmack 11-13-2006 02:21 PM

[QUOTE=Redskins_P;244814]F people who email you then call you two minutes later to confirm you got the email. WTF is that?[/QUOTE]

Yo, did you get my PM?....sorry, couldn't resist :)