Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Next years Training Camp (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=15891)

Bill B 11-20-2006 07:03 PM

Next years Training Camp

I vote for moving training camp back to Carlye or Frsotburgh - anywhere but Redskin Park. I also think they should move the camp up and not to the last day possible like they did this year. We see the results of having a cup cake camp and what it has done to the team. We can't tackle, noone trusts eachother on defense, we are committing way too many penalties - I can go on and on.
To me it seems simple - since our players proved they need the extra work they need to get training camp as early as possible and away from the players homes where there are too many distractions. Also I would not say the voluntary workouts are the same. If the veterans complain that they need the rest and a long training camp is counterproductive, I think the coaches need to make some examples out of them and stop coddling them.
One thing I loved about Marty was that he prepared the players to play hard nosed, smart football. Yes they lost there first 5 games that year, but if Snyder had any patience he would have seen that they went on a tear the last 5 games and were on there way to being a good team the next year - look at the Chargers for goodness sake. What I loved about Marty's preparation was that noone was going to be given their starting job - they had to earn it in camp and practice and he put the best players in - it was great to see Deion say no mas before even trying to practice under Marty.

dall-assblows 11-20-2006 07:39 PM

Re: Next years Training Camp

lets take it to where that one texas team went to that looked like hell

wolfeskins 11-20-2006 07:56 PM

i do beleive next years camp will be vastly different.

RobH4413 11-20-2006 10:46 PM

[quote=wolfeskins;249247]i do beleive next years camp will be vastly different.[/quote]
It better be.

Daseal 11-20-2006 10:48 PM

[quote]i do beleive next years camp will be vastly different.[/quote]
Hopefully so will the "useless" preseason.

I think people on this board has realized that it doesn't matter if you win, but certainly matters how you play!

Redskin 11-20-2006 10:51 PM

I think we should move the training camp to california, that way when the skins wake up in the morning in Md or Va or DC they can run to california then run back hitting peds on the way to practice their tackling

hurrykaine 11-21-2006 09:15 AM

None of this bs voluntary offseason workouts where we have over 98% player attendance, and then they start dropping like flies to the injury bug. Watching Prioleau go down before our first play of the season was particularly painful. How can anyone write a script like that?

The Zimmermans 11-21-2006 09:17 AM

Yeah, injuries this season have been a joke, sounds like the guys aren't game ready or something. Or they are playing to avoid injury, what's the deal with all the injuries, usually skins teams dont have this problem.

dmek25 11-21-2006 10:40 AM

i dont think the location is the problem. what goes on there is

The Zimmermans 11-21-2006 10:44 AM

Learning to tackle is the problem

irish 11-21-2006 10:46 AM

I vote for having a camp that actually gets the players in shape and ready to play when the season begins.

SouperMeister 11-21-2006 04:41 PM

Remember all the vets who chaffed under Marty's harsh camp when he was here? I hope Gibbs makes that look like Club Med next August.

wolfeskins 11-21-2006 06:16 PM

camp was just way to relaxed this year. i think gibbs regrets being so easy on them. he will go hard on them next camp.

cpayne5 11-21-2006 07:59 PM

Joe Gibbs addressed this very thing on his/Riggins' Triple X show on Monday. He said that the preseason will not be run like it was this year.

As for moving away from Redskins Park, I doubt it will happen. They have everything they need around them in Ashburn. I would love for them to go back to Frostburg, though.

Hurrykaine - I'm not quite sure what you were trying to say about voluntary work outs, but I will go ahead and assume you to mean that you don't like them and want them to be mandatory. If this is the case, the league has rules about such things. There are only so many days of mandatory offseason workouts a team can conduct a year. That is the only reason why they call them 'voluntary'. Now, you can go ahead and call them mandatory, but you won't be able to hold training camp because of it.