Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Czaban Back on the Air (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=15965)

70Chip 11-26-2006 04:56 PM

Czaban Back on the Air

The Bald Boob is Back. You guys told me last week that he got canned. Just a lousy one-game suspension. Is there no justice in this life?

He claims to have a "theory" about the Unknown Redskins but we have to listen to his hideous radio program to hear the details. Pass. I'd rather listen to Micheal Irvin on the Dan Patrick show.

dall-assblows 11-26-2006 05:31 PM

Re: Czaban Back on the Air

i like his radio program. i can't listen though. someone tell me what he says tomarrow about who said the stufff.

hooskins 11-26-2006 06:59 PM

I'm glad he is back. I doubt he will change, hopefully he will be harsh, and just not attack people like he did to Brunell.

SmootSmack 11-27-2006 12:23 AM

I had heard he was just celebrating his grandfather's birthday, or something like that, last week. No actual suspension.

Thought it was interesting, and a bit off-base, that he said the only reason the team ran well is because they had no choice since the passing game was non-existent

70Chip 11-27-2006 12:26 AM

Yeah. NFL teams hate it when they have to resort to running the football.

dmek25 11-27-2006 04:46 AM

[quote=TAFKAS;251140]I had heard he was just celebrating his grandfather's birthday, or something like that, last week. No actual suspension.

Thought it was interesting, and a bit off-base, that he said the only reason the team ran well is because they had no choice since the passing game was non-existent[/quote]
if czaban was in the W.W.E., he would be the first one getting pile drived right thru a table. i hate his style.

Jason72 11-27-2006 08:48 AM

Czaban was his typical self yesterday. Made some good observations, some lame one's (like the running game remark) and some very predictable ones.

I would love to do a comedy show commentating on the Comcast Post Game Show like they do on Comedy Central for the State of the Union. The first thing I would have said was I wonder how long before Czaban goes for the "why didn't they do this sooner angle".

It didn't take long.

irish 11-27-2006 09:35 AM

The post game show is better with Czab.

MTK 11-27-2006 09:36 AM

[quote=70Chip;251141]Yeah. NFL teams hate it when they have to resort to running the football.[/quote]

Yeah especially a Gibbs led team. He really hates running the ball, even though he was preaching the emphasis on that all week.

Go figure.

irish 11-27-2006 10:00 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;251249]Yeah especially a Gibbs led team. He really hates running the ball, even though he was preaching the emphasis on that all week.

Go figure.[/QUOTE]

The redskins ran the ball so much yesterday because that was about all they could do. The passing game was terrible and the game was low scoring so the game itself dictated run. Thats more of the reason the skins ran the ball than any back to redskin football baloney.

SmootSmack 11-27-2006 10:06 AM

[QUOTE=irish;251270]The redskins ran the ball so much yesterday because that was about all they could do. The passing game was terrible and the game was low scoring so the game itself dictated run. Thats more of the reason the skins ran the ball than any back to redskin football baloney.[/QUOTE]

So you think they started the game hoping to air it out but when they couldn't they had no choice but to play smashmouth football??

hooskins 11-27-2006 10:07 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;251249]Yeah especially a Gibbs led team. He really hates running the ball, even though he was preaching the emphasis on that all week.

Go figure.[/quote]
Yeah I dont really get that, does he expect us to play like the Colts or the Eagles? Even the Colts went back to a running game last night. I really think he doesnt have any patience in general. This is in regards to coaching, performance, and scoring.

MTK 11-27-2006 10:10 AM

[quote=irish;251270]The redskins ran the ball so much yesterday because that was about all they could do. The passing game was terrible and the game was low scoring so the game itself dictated run. Thats more of the reason the skins ran the ball than any back to redskin football baloney.[/quote]

They ran the ball yesterday because #1 that's what Gibbs wanted to get back to, playing physical smashmouth ball. From last week's postgame presser that's what Gibbs was preaching, about getting back to playing their style of ball.

And #2 because they were running effectively.

I don't see why they should have to apologize for running the ball, with our OL and backs and given Campbell's inexperience, why would they not run the ball?

Big C 11-27-2006 10:20 AM

i actually kinda like czaban, atleast he asks the tough questions that everyone else is afraid to ask

irish 11-27-2006 10:24 AM

I dont think they expected to come out gunning like the Colts (they dont have the horses for that), and I certainly dont think they need to apologize for running the ball because it was working great. I think as the game progressed and it was apparent that JC could not hit the side of a barn and the run was working it was best to pound the ball with the run. In addition, the score was low and close so they could keep running, had they been down by 10 or 15 they would not have been able to run quite as much as they did as its hard to play comeback from a big defecit with a running game.

To me the reason the redskins had not been playing redskin football (besides the fact they brought in an offensive coordinator to implement a high flying offense with a 700 page playbook) is that they were often behind in games and had to pass the ball a lot in an effort to get back in the game. Yesterday they didnt have to do that so they could run.