Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Burgundy pants are back! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=15976)

MTK 11-26-2006 09:33 PM

Burgundy pants are back!

I can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet. Personally I don't really care what they wear, but it was kinda nice to see the old white jerseys with burgundy pants look back again.

CanadianSkin 11-26-2006 09:36 PM

Re: Burgundy pants are back!

I agree Matty, looks good to go back to the days of old and the first Gibbs era. But I am just happy we won and are looking at playing the Coach Killer Vick!

My bro and I are so pumped, went out looking for touques today in case it is cold next weekend. It is now officially Falcons week, which means I get to see my first game in FedEx. Maybe they will wear the throwbacks for me... lol

Redskin 11-26-2006 09:50 PM

You know what the first thing i turned and said to my friend today when we sat in our seats is OMG they are wearing burgundy pants these cats are good as dead

dblanch66 11-26-2006 10:04 PM

Looked awesome. Hope they stay with it. Bring back the curved feather on the helmet and it will be complete.

Redskin 11-26-2006 10:05 PM

Not the curved feather, reminds me of a cat sleeping

PhxRedSkin 11-26-2006 10:46 PM

[quote=dblanch66;251091]Looked awesome. Hope they stay with it. Bring back the curved feather on the helmet and it will be complete.[/quote]

How about Gold pants and Burgundy jerseys lol. We won, Campbell looks great, the D did a clutch job. Hail!

Hail

mooby 11-26-2006 10:50 PM

I don't care what we wear as long as we win. That said, it was nice to see something other than white on white for once.

skinsguy 11-26-2006 10:55 PM

I like the burgundy pants and the white jerseys. The all white was getting boring.

jamf 11-26-2006 10:59 PM

The pants looked different. Maybe more shiny? something was definately different.

djnemo65 11-26-2006 11:05 PM

It makes me mad that they ran the white on white into the ground. Going into this season they should have saved white on white for situations in which you absolutely need to win 6 in a row. As it is now, the magic is gone. Hopefully red on white can provide a new spark

Lady Brave 11-26-2006 11:14 PM

According to Coach Gibbs, the players requested it. They said they needed a change.

PhxRedSkin 11-27-2006 03:19 AM

[quote=djnemo65;251126]It makes me mad that they ran the white on white into the ground. Going into this season they should have saved white on white for situations in which you absolutely need to win 6 in a row. As it is now, the magic is gone. Hopefully red on white can provide a new spark[/quote]

All the way from Japan. Hail to you, that's some dedication. Anyhow the color representation is very important in many ways. First off we all know that in the scramble like colored jerseys/uniforms(all sports btw), upper body attire is confusing. At the same point in time, I do not care what the Skins wear(within some limits) as long as we win. The white & white was getting boring. On a different note, let's screw with the playoff picture and make sure nobody gets there easy.

P.S. I'm very content with JC's play so far

Hail!

djnemo65 11-27-2006 04:10 AM

[QUOTE=PhxRedSkin;251146]All the way from Japan. Hail to you, that's some dedication. Anyhow the color representation is very important in many ways. First off we all know that in the scramble like colored jerseys/uniforms(all sports btw), upper body attire is confusing. At the same point in time, I do not care what the Skins wear(within some limits) as long as we win. The white & white was getting boring. On a different note, let's screw with the playoff picture and make sure nobody gets there easy.

P.S. I'm very content with JC's play so far

Hail!
44[/QUOTE]

Haha, don't get it twisted, I'm from Takoma Park originally. I just moved here a couple of months ago.

dmek25 11-27-2006 04:40 AM

they should have went back to the originals at the beginning of the season. i hate that white on white high school crap. they all look like they shoud have been selling ice cream

Jason72 11-27-2006 08:44 AM

The white on white was last season and should have stayed with last season.

I would like to see some Burgundy jerseys and I think we will.

That Guy 11-27-2006 09:05 AM

it's great that they finally ditched the high school practice jersey look.

Beemnseven 11-27-2006 02:05 PM

[QUOTE=jamf;251122]The pants looked different. Maybe more shiny? something was definately different.[/QUOTE]

You know, I was wondering the same thing. To me, they've always looked like a cloth sort of material -- I thought they looked shiny, almost reflective.

I'd still like to know why everyone is so against the burgundy jerseys.

70Chip 11-27-2006 02:13 PM

[quote=Beemnseven;251506]You know, I was wondering the same thing. To me, they've always looked like a cloth sort of material -- I thought they looked shiny, almost reflective.

I'd still like to know why everyone is so against the burgundy jerseys.[/quote]

It might be that they've never been washed. The last time they were worn was last November, I believe. These were probably brand new pants. Did they wear white on white in preseason? I can't remember.

TheMalcolmConnection 11-27-2006 02:14 PM

I want gold pants. Throwback style.

Monkeydad 11-27-2006 02:35 PM

My ongoing question is finally answered. They DID order some burgundy pants this year.

I hope we never go back to all whites.

GREENSTHEMAN 11-27-2006 03:46 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;251073]I can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet. Personally I don't really care what they wear, but it was kinda nice to see the old white jerseys with burgundy pants look back again.[/quote]

I think we discussed this on another thread, I like the Burgundy pants and white jersey combination.

Beemnseven 11-27-2006 04:34 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection;251515]I want gold pants. Throwback style.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I'd have to see that. On the highlight reels from the 70's, the gold pants didn't look right -- especially with the burgund/white/burgundy striping down the sides. The color then was almost bright yellow. Yuck.

Now, if they did something more metallic gold, kind of like what the Rams or 49ers have, then I'd be open to it.

That Guy 11-27-2006 05:25 PM

[quote=Beemnseven;251628]I don't know. I'd have to see that. On the highlight reels from the 70's, the gold pants didn't look right -- especially with the burgund/white/burgundy striping down the sides. The color then was almost bright yellow. Yuck.

Now, if they did something more metallic gold, kind of like what the Rams or 49ers have, then I'd be open to it.[/quote]

the 70th anniversary jerseys were super dark burgundy with metallic gold pants i think. i believe madden has them as an alt uniform for the skins.

and yeah, in metallic gold, they don't look bad.

Citizens for 81 11-27-2006 06:00 PM

[quote=Beemnseven;251506] ...I'd still like to know why everyone is so against the burgundy jerseys.[/quote]

Burgundy jerseys suck. It's the jersey other teams make the skins wear when they're on the road. It's the jersey we have to wear in Dallas. It's the jersey we often struggle to win in because we're on the road. Burgundy jerseys look too much like K.C.'s jerseys and Marty made the skins wear them at home which I saw as an insult to the redskins' legacy.

illdefined 11-27-2006 06:44 PM

[QUOTE=Citizens for 81;251724]Burgundy jerseys suck. It's the jersey other teams make the skins wear when they're on the road. It's the jersey we have to wear in Dallas. It's the jersey we often struggle to win in because we're on the road. Burgundy jerseys look too much like K.C.'s jerseys and Marty made the skins wear them at home which I saw as an insult to the redskins' legacy.[/QUOTE]

you said it all. and speaking of Legacy, Joes Gibbs is who solidified that uniform's legacy, and it makes all the sense in the world to bring it back (and KEEP it) this time around.

EEich 11-27-2006 07:17 PM

The white over burgundy is by far my favorite uni.

CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR 11-27-2006 08:43 PM

It about freaking damn time they go back to our uniforms. I'm so tired of white on white sh-t.

Skinnzz 11-27-2006 09:35 PM

White on white was hot last year but Burgundy pants and burgundy socks waz way better and the best combination i ever saw wit da skinz waz a rookie card t.jacobs burgundy on burgundy that waz the best handz down

Big C 11-27-2006 09:36 PM

id like to see burgundy tops and burgundy pants, i think that would look cool

Skinnzz 11-27-2006 09:40 PM

i seen them and im like thats the best uni's in the NFL

Skinnzz 11-27-2006 09:42 PM

talkin bout burgundy tops and burgundy pants of course

SmootSmack 11-27-2006 09:49 PM

[QUOTE=Skinnzz;251884]talkin bout burgundy tops and burgundy pants of course[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the board!

corporationtshirt 11-27-2006 09:52 PM

Yes, I am glad the burgundy pants are back. Bringing back the gold pants?? only as part of an alternate uniform. and then it would be like the ones from the 75th anniversary.

Now as far as the white jerseys go, I cannot site a specific quote, but I thought I read somewhere (or heard on the radio) that Gibbs preferred the white jerseys because the qb's can see the receivers better. That makes sense.

70Chip 11-27-2006 10:04 PM

Corporation T-shirt Stupid Bloody Tuesday Man you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allen Poe.....

Welcome.

Skinette 11-27-2006 10:25 PM

im with it :)

JGisLordOfTheRings 11-28-2006 12:48 AM

Nice look to go with.....

PLEASE JOE>>>GIMME A THROWBACK SOON!!!!!!!!

EEich 11-28-2006 10:10 AM

[quote=70Chip;251911]Corporation T-shirt Stupid Bloody Tuesday Man you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allen Poe.....

Welcome.[/quote]

Goo Goo Ga Joob

Beemnseven 11-28-2006 03:01 PM

[QUOTE=corporationtshirt;251899]Now as far as the white jerseys go, I cannot site a specific quote, but I thought I read somewhere (or heard on the radio) that Gibbs preferred the white jerseys because the qb's can see the receivers better. That makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I heard the same thing. That was in the old days when the Skins played at RFK stadium -- the way the shadows were sometimes cast over the field, there were literally 'dark spots' towards the endzone that made the burgundy jerseys hard to distinguish. Gibbs took note of that, and made the permanent switch to white jerseys at home.

Beemnseven 11-28-2006 03:05 PM

[QUOTE=Citizens for 81;251724]Burgundy jerseys suck. It's the jersey other teams make the skins wear when they're on the road. It's the jersey we have to wear in Dallas. It's the jersey we often struggle to win in because we're on the road. Burgundy jerseys look too much like K.C.'s jerseys and Marty made the skins wear them at home which I saw as an insult to the redskins' legacy.[/QUOTE]

I hear what you're saying, but think about it: What are the colors of the Washington Redskins? Burgundy and gold! NOT white and burgundy.

Personally, if I ran the NFL, the rule would be that every team would have to wear their team's primary color at home -- and every away team has to wear white.

An interesting side note, since everyone associates the glory years and Super Bowl wins with the Skins white jerseys/burgundy pants -- last year, when Pittsburgh wore their white jerseys, they were only the third team in Super Bowl history to wear white jerseys as the "home" team behind Dallas and Washington.

BDBohnzie 11-28-2006 03:06 PM

it's just a classic combo. White jerseys and burgundy pants. They make a terrific pair. Like lamb and tuna fish.