Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The warm and fuzzy Christmas thread... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=16035)

TheMalcolmConnection 11-29-2006 08:58 AM

Re: The warm and fuzzy Christmas thread...

I was all over Contra.

Left, right, left, right, B, A, Start.

30 Men. Victory baby.

I also remember about a year later getting the power glove. Did anybody ever have that?

Redskin 11-29-2006 08:58 AM

Wait Wait, is there something wrong with playing with barbies?

BDBohnzie 11-29-2006 09:00 AM

Ahh, the Sears Wish Book. Or any catalog that had toys in it was a big deal in our house...

I was into He-Man as well, and that damn Castle Greyskull was an awesome Xmas. I think I had all the He-Man figures, with some duplicates. Had a Thundercats Sword too. And, I remember my Redskins Starter Jacket too. Makes me want to go to my parents' house and look through old photos.

As far as consoles go, I had my Dad's old Atari, and Mom thought that was good enough...when I was 9, for my birthday, we went to Luskins (old electronics store in DC area) and I got a 13 inch B/W tv. I thought I was big pimpin' with the Atari and rabbit ears attached to that thing! So, Mom and Dad never got me the Nintendo or Sega Genesis. However, one of my grandmothers, on top of all the presents, gave my sister and I each $100 to spend on whatever we wished. So naturally, that was the base of which the Nintendo and Genesis got purchased. Both the day after Christmas...

BDBohnzie 11-29-2006 09:01 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection;252586]I was all over Contra.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start.

30 Men. Victory baby.

I also remember about a year later getting the power glove. Did anybody ever have that?[/QUOTE]
Corrected for posterity...

One of my buddies had the Power Glove...Mike Tyson still kicked his ass.

TheMalcolmConnection 11-29-2006 09:01 AM

Yeah, the day after Christmas.

Back in the days when you could FIND A FREAKING CONSOLE without having to camp out.

TheMalcolmConnection 11-29-2006 09:02 AM

[quote=BDBohnzie;252589]Corrected for posterity...

One of my buddies had the Power Glove...Mike Tyson still kicked his ass.[/quote]

HAHA! And yeah, I forgot I had double that.

I never could beat Punch-Out. I got too frustrated beating Mike at the end and ended up just punching and getting my ass smoked. It takes like an hour to beat his ass.

ArtMonkDrillz 11-29-2006 09:07 AM

I have a 9 year old sister so my family still does the whole Santa left presents for us under the tree (although I think she knows what's up by now) every year so that Christmas is just as special for her as it used to be for my older sisters and me. The major difference now is that I help to set up her new toys and stuff the night before and that now I know what I'm getting before hand (got a digital camera coming in a month). I also get the thankless task of eating the cookies that she left out for Santa, but I don't need too much convincing for that one.

As for one of my favorite X-mas memories: I used to be really into GI Joes when I was a kid and one year I got a huge fort and a bunch of new soliders. My parents set the entire base up and put the GI Joes throughout the room in a fighting position. I had to pinch myself because I thought I was still dreaming. That was a good day.

GhettoDogAllStars 11-29-2006 09:12 AM

It shouldn't be long before someone posts a link to the N64 kid. Haha, such a great vid.

Anyways, my Christmases basically consisted of video games. I can still remember when I got my NES. It came with two controllers, two games, and a gun! These days, you're lucky if you can get a game and a controller. Oh well. Yeah, and I was a big Zelda fan ... beat them all on NES.

I remember, back in high school, still having the original NES box and the first issue of Nintendo Power ... gee, I would sure like to know where they are now ...

TheMalcolmConnection 11-29-2006 09:19 AM

Yup, we all sweated Nintendo Power. I still have a bunch of mine. It's hilarious checking out the contests they had monthly.

jbcjr14 11-29-2006 09:23 AM

One of my favorite memories was the Super Toe kicking guy that would kick the shit out of those plastic footballs the harder you pounded on his head. I also got the Atari 2600 with the 13" BW TV. Those were the days.

SmootSmack 11-29-2006 09:55 AM

When I was about 5 I got this little toy robot. It was this inflatable (3 feet tall or so) remote control robot from Radio Shack called Tandy. Damn, that bad boy was awesome!

Loved getting Laser Tag for Christmas too. This Christmas will be pretty cool, seeing as to how it's my niece's first.

TheMalcolmConnection 11-29-2006 09:59 AM

AH! I remember Laser Tag. I love those industrial versions they have in tourist towns you can play. I get so hardcore when I go to those.

SmootSmack 11-29-2006 10:05 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection;252617]AH! I remember Laser Tag. I love those industrial versions they have in tourist towns you can play. I get so hardcore when I go to those.[/QUOTE]

There's one 10 minutes from my home. We'll get a bunch of people and play some time.

ArtMonkDrillz 11-29-2006 10:10 AM

One year I got a Rock'Em Sock'Em Robots game for Christmas. My dad's younger brother used to live really close to us and he would come over every Christmas morning and check out what we got for Christmas. The year I got the robots he was probably like 25 but when he saw them he lit up like a little kid and demanded that my dad play against him like they used to do back in the day. Within about 5 minutes they go so into the game that they actually broke both of the robots because they were hitting the buttons so hard and fast.
I was pissed, but looking back, it was funny as hell.

MTK 11-29-2006 10:30 AM

I beat Tyson

Give it up