Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Gear (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-gear/)
-   -   Clinton Portis autographed football (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-gear/16049-clinton-portis-autographed-football.html)

Warpath 11-29-2006 12:39 PM

Clinton Portis autographed football

I have an autographed CP football from when they opened up a new best buy in Richmond when he first signed with the skins. The plan is to list it on ebay because well its the holidays and I could use some money. My question to you is, how much should I list it for? Heres one from cbssportsline: [url=http://www.cbssportsstore.com/sm-mounted-memories-washington-redskins-clinton-portis-signed-pro-football--pi-1218103.html]CBSSportsStore.com - Mounted Memories Washington Redskins Clinton Portis Signed Pro Football[/url] but obviously Im not going to get $377 for mine (I think I should list for $99 and maybe buy it now for 200??). Any thoughts?

Redskin 11-29-2006 12:47 PM

Re: Clinton Portis autographed football

i think you could get 377 for it on ebay i kno my uncle would pay that or more for it to put it on his redskins wall, is it a real sign or a print tho?

TheMalcolmConnection 11-29-2006 01:28 PM

I dunno dude. eBay is so satured with that type of stuff it drives the prices WAAAAAAAY down. I have some 1 in 1,000,000 type series of cards that I got for like five bucks. I'd consider putting it in craigslist or the paper.

SkinsLove24/7 11-29-2006 04:15 PM

Don't sell it and sell crack on the streets for cash. How are you gonna just get rid of a collectible like that?

Warpath 11-29-2006 04:31 PM

[QUOTE=Redskin;252729]i think you could get 377 for it on ebay i kno my uncle would pay that or more for it to put it on his redskins wall, is it a real sign or a print tho?[/QUOTE]

I personally witnessed the signature, its no print, its authentic. I also haven't seen a football on ebay only cards or mini helmets.

BigSKINBauer 11-29-2006 05:07 PM

I have a football signed by Clinton portis, Santana moss, roscoe parrish, edge james, reggie wayne, ed reed, and a few other miami players plus a random chris cooley on there.

I don't think i could sell that for over $75 to a miami fan on ebay because people just assume it is fake.

JoeyHeismann7 11-30-2006 11:43 PM

hey..this is my thought do u have a pic on CP signing the ball? if not..well good luck then!! if u have a pic of u and him and the ball..cool...if ppl r going to buy autos they want proff..there are so many fake autos..i know ur is real and u know urs is real..but ppl want proof! if u have no pics, just give as much info as possible when he signed it where how u aquired it..good luck..also i wouldnt start the bidding really high with no coa.(cert of authenticity) id start it at like $50..good luck...drop me the link id like to watch it!
thx brian

Pocket$ $traight 11-30-2006 11:45 PM

[quote=BigSKINBauer;252902]I have a football signed by Clinton portis, Santana moss, roscoe parrish, edge james, reggie wayne, ed reed, and a few other miami players plus a random chris cooley on there.

I don't think i could sell that for over $75 to a miami fan on ebay because people just assume it is fake.[/quote]

Get it certified.

That Guy 12-01-2006 01:00 AM

yeah, certifying is a good idea. pics of the signing help too.

don't bother with buy it now or a high starting bid. starting at $1 with a reserve will sell better than starting at $99 with no reserve. starting at $1 without a reserve will probably get you even more, but you could also get burned bad.

also, make sure your pictures are GOOD and well lit. i got 40% more than i should have on a couple mixing boards just because my photos made them look better than they really were.