Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Should I bench Peyton and start V. Young? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=16211)

hooskins 12-06-2006 01:33 AM

Should I bench Peyton and start V. Young?

Peyton is playing @ JAX and Young is playing vs the Texans. And Peyton hasnt been putting up great numbers recently. I am seriously consider it. Thoughts?

BDBohnzie 12-06-2006 08:55 AM

Re: Should I bench Peyton and start V. Young?

While Vince is playing the Texans, their defense has done pretty well lately. They have 8 sacks, 3 INTs, 4 forced fumbles, and 2 TDs in the last 3 weeks, and while Vince has played ok, the Titans offense isn't a juggernaut.

In 10 games vs Jacksonville, Peyton has thrown for 2613 yards (62% completion pct.), 20 TDs, 5 INTs. However, his game in the dome against the Jags earlier this year was pretty lackluster.

I'd stick with Peyton. He's probably gonna throw the ball more that last time, especially if they get behind. It's too much of a risk to throw Vince in there, not knowing when his luck will run out.

The only way I'd start Young is if I had LT in the lineup...as LT will most likely make up for any lost QB points, since he's averaging 124 rushing and 3 TDs in the last 4 games.

onlydarksets 12-06-2006 09:06 AM

Peyton is guaranteed to get you 200 yards and a touch. Young gets you *maybe* 175 and a TD is not a gimme. Young has played well lately, but I don't think you can take him over Manning.

MTK 12-06-2006 10:03 AM

You've gotta stick with Manning. I have him in my $$ league, and even though his numbers have been mediocre lately you never know when he'll go off for 300+ and 3 or 4 TDs. At the worst you know he's going to get around 250 and 1 or 2 TDs.

GhettoDogAllStars 12-06-2006 10:07 AM

What?! You should just quit fantasy football ... haha, j/k

It's valid to consider it, but if there's one thing I've learned in FF: start your studs -- live or die by them.

Monkeydad 12-06-2006 12:12 PM

Don't do it. You'll hate yourself.

Wait until Week 16 and 17 to even think about it since they may rest Peyton for the playoffs, even though I think that's a bad idea because it throws off his timing from sitting like it did last year.

hooskins 12-06-2006 03:05 PM

[quote=GhettoDogAllStars;256524]What?! You should just quit fantasy football ... haha, j/k

It's valid to consider it, but if there's one thing I've learned in FF: start your studs -- live or die by them.[/quote]
Yeah the only reason I say this is because in this same leauge I started Grossman over Peyton by accident the week the Bears played the Giants. Rex had a monster 2nd half and gave me like 20 pts.

That was a bit lucky, but in this case I am just looking at the matchups.

hooskins 12-06-2006 03:07 PM

[quote=BDBohnzie;256472]While Vince is playing the Texans, their defense has done pretty well lately. They have 8 sacks, 3 INTs, 4 forced fumbles, and 2 TDs in the last 3 weeks, and while Vince has played ok, the Titans offense isn't a juggernaut.

In 10 games vs Jacksonville, Peyton has thrown for 2613 yards (62% completion pct.), 20 TDs, 5 INTs. However, his game in the dome against the Jags earlier this year was pretty lackluster.

I'd stick with Peyton. He's probably gonna throw the ball more that last time, especially if they get behind. It's too much of a risk to throw Vince in there, not knowing when his luck will run out.

The only way I'd start Young is if I had LT in the lineup...as LT will most likely make up for any lost QB points, since he's averaging 124 rushing and 3 TDs in the last 4 games.[/quote]
Thanks for the info about the Houstan D.

BDBohnzie 12-11-2006 09:31 AM

Final Stats:
Manning: 25-50, 313 yds, 1 INT; 1 car, 1 yd, 1 TD (approximately 10 points)
Young: 19-29, 218 yds, 1 INT; 7 car, 86 yds, 1 TD (approximately 12 points)