Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Lost is changing timeslots again (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=16215)

ArtMonkDrillz 12-06-2006 10:13 AM

Lost is changing timeslots again

[url=http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/06/television.abc.reut/index.html]ABC moves 'Lost' out of 'Idol's' way - CNN.com[/url]

This seems like a bad sign. I can't imagine that ABC would want to move one of it's biggest shows to a late timeslot if they thought it was doing well.
I'm just worried because they've started such a complicated story and I don't want them to rush through explaining everything.
I also heard that Matthew Fox (Jack) might not be on the show much longer because apparently he wants to concentrate on movies or some crap.

saden1 12-06-2006 03:43 PM

Re: Lost is changing timeslots again

[QUOTE=ArtMonkDrillz;256528][url=http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/06/television.abc.reut/index.html]ABC moves 'Lost' out of 'Idol's' way - CNN.com[/url]

This seems like a bad sign. I can't imagine that ABC would want to move one of it's biggest shows to a late timeslot if they thought it was doing well.
I'm just worried because they've started such a complicated story and I don't want them to rush through explaining everything.
I also heard that Matthew Fox (Jack) might not be on the show much longer because apparently he wants to concentrate on movies or some crap.[/QUOTE]

In all honesty, Lost can't compete with American Idol. There just too many pop culture whores out there.

p.s. I have never seen a single episode of Lost or CIS. Anyone else in this camp?

BDBohnzie 12-11-2006 08:59 AM

I've never seen a single episode of any of the CSI or Law and Order series. I'm megahooked on Lost though.

ArtMonkDrillz 12-11-2006 09:27 AM

[QUOTE=BDBohnzie;258586]I've never seen a single episode of any of the CSI or Law and Order series. I'm megahooked on Lost though.[/QUOTE]
Same here. But, if you like shows like CSI I think you would also like my new favorite guilty pleasure TV show, Dexter.
It's on Showtime so they can obviously get away with A WHOLE LOT more than any network show, and that's important because it's a show about a serial killer who also happens to be a blood splatter expert for the Miami police department's forensic unit. The show is great but it's been giving me trippy nightmares because I usually watch it right before bed.

itvnetop 12-11-2006 06:19 PM

[QUOTE=ArtMonkDrillz;258610]Same here. But, if you like shows like CSI I think you would also like my new favorite guilty pleasure TV show, Dexter.
It's on Showtime so they can obviously get away with A WHOLE LOT more than any network show, and that's important because it's a show about a serial killer who also happens to be a blood splatter expert for the Miami police department's forensic unit. The show is great but it's been giving me trippy nightmares because I usually watch it right before bed.[/QUOTE]

Dexter is the shizz... I seriously love the premise of a serial killer as the protagonist.

GhettoDogAllStars 12-11-2006 06:24 PM

[QUOTE=saden1;256739]p.s. I have never seen a single episode of Lost or CIS. Anyone else in this camp?[/QUOTE]

I'm close. I actually saw one episode of Lost, during the second season, and all I could say was: WTF? I was thoroughly confused. I guess it's the type of show where you need to start from the beginning. :)

SmootSmack 05-11-2007 12:56 PM

Ok, so who saw this week's episode? What's the deal, are Locke and Jacob the same person?

hesscl34 05-11-2007 01:33 PM

The same person? ... No. Jacob is a spirit..probably the old leader.

Schneed10 05-11-2007 01:50 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;309284]Ok, so who saw this week's episode? What's the deal, are Locke and Jacob the same person?[/quote]

I was actually more struck by the similarities between Locke and Ben.

Both men killed their father on the island. Both seem to be the only two people that Jacob (whoever or whatever he is) was willing to communicate with. After Ben saw that John had killed his father, and he realized that Locke could hear Jacob, Ben probably realized that Locke was meant to take over the camp just as Ben had once done.

I think Ben shot Locke because he was protecting himself.

But if Locke healed from paralysis while on the island, is it possible he'll heal from the gunshot wound? Will he heal and be the key that destroys Ben and his camp?

Who the hell knows, all I know is that episode blew my mind, and Lost is back in a big way.

SmootSmack 05-11-2007 01:53 PM

[QUOTE=hesscl34;309297]The same person? ... No. Jacob is a spirit..probably the old leader.[/QUOTE]

Alvar Hanso?

See but what if Jacob is like Locke from the future, or the Locke that could have been if he never got pushed out that window, or Locke's twin maybe?

I don't know, but they sort of look alike. There's some doppelganger (sp?) stuff going on there.

Schneed10 05-11-2007 01:55 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;309304]Alvar Hanso?

See but what if Jacob is like Locke from the future, or the Locke that could have been if he never got pushed out that window, or Locke's twin maybe?

I don't know, but they sort of look alike. There's some doppelganger (sp?) stuff going on there.[/quote]

:confused:

Jacob looks like Locke? You mean Locke is invisible?

htownskinfan 05-11-2007 02:30 PM

I think Ben was the one talking and he's nucking futs like Locke said

MTK 05-11-2007 03:06 PM

I've never seen Lost... how close is it to jumping the shark? Or is it still good?

SmootSmack 05-11-2007 03:14 PM

[QUOTE=Schneed10;309305]:confused:

Jacob looks like Locke? You mean Locke is invisible?[/QUOTE]

Check out 10:45

[url=http://ww.tmz.com/2007/05/10/lost-diary-the-man-behind-the-curtain/]"Lost" Diary -- The Man Behind the Curtain - TMZ.com[/url]

hesscl34 05-11-2007 03:24 PM

[quote=Schneed10;309303]I was actually more struck by the similarities between Locke and Ben.

Both men killed their father on the island. Both seem to be the only two people that Jacob (whoever or whatever he is) was willing to communicate with. After Ben saw that John had killed his father, and he realized that Locke could hear Jacob, Ben probably realized that Locke was meant to take over the camp just as Ben had once done.

I think Ben shot Locke because he was protecting himself.

But if Locke healed from paralysis while on the island, is it possible he'll heal from the gunshot wound? Will he heal and be the key that destroys Ben and his camp?

Who the hell knows, all I know is that episode blew my mind, and Lost is back in a big way.[/quote]

I must have missed an episode because how did Locke's father get on the island??