Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What type of offense do you like to see? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=16231)

ArtMonkDrillz 12-08-2006 01:04 PM

Re: What type of offense do you like to see?

Have we tried a screen to ARE all year? You'd think that with his speed and the fact that he's such a good punt returner that he'd be great at the bubble screen.

hail_2_da_skins 12-08-2006 02:53 PM

I like an offense that is balanced, versatile and unpredictable. The offense has to be balanced between run and pass. The offense has to be versatile to be able to run and control the clock when the need arises and score quickly through the air when they get behind. The offense has to be unpredictable, pass in run downs and run in passing situations. Make use of misdirection plays, quick draws, quick screens and crossing routes. At times challenge the opposition deep to keep the defense honest.

Jamaican'Skin 12-08-2006 03:43 PM

I love to see a smash mouth offense. As a defensive guy, I love contact, so pounding the ball to me, is one of the greatest things.

DGreen28 12-08-2006 04:18 PM

I love a [B]Ground and Pound[/B] offense. Gibbs style Run, and dink and dunk just to keep the D honest. Then go up top for a big gainer. Gibbs running game kills D in the fourth quarter like a boxer starting the fight with good body work.

dall-assblows 12-08-2006 06:52 PM

i'd love to see an offense that i don't have to talk about it in a negitive way here.

skinsguy 12-09-2006 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=ArtMonkDrillz;257494]Have we tried a screen to ARE all year? You'd think that with his speed and the fact that he's such a good punt returner that he'd be great at the bubble screen.[/QUOTE]

You see, this is what kills me about changing our offense this year. If we had just kept the Gibbs - Breaux offense, then you'd see those screen passes to ARE and Moss all year long!

Which brings me to another point. It seems like more people are starting to see why last season I fought the idea of bringing in a new OC. Heck, we've brought in the best (supposedly.) Maybe it's just me, but I'm seeing more realize that our bread and butter plays from a year ago would probably be working great for us considering the additions to the 'O' that we have now. If Saunders doesn't go after this season, I'm really hoping he will take another look at the personnel and realize that he needs to go back to the '05 style of offense.