Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Will Portis be ready to go? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=16248)

BeastsoftheNFCeast 12-07-2006 05:48 PM

Will Portis be ready to go?

Clinton Portis's surgery is supposively a 6 month recovery. When I tore my ACL and Meniscus, my doc (who is the same one doing Portis's surgery) said in 6 months I'd be ready to go. The surgery went well and nothing unordinary happened, but after 6 months I could not do what I used to do athletically, In fact, it has been almost 10 months since my surgery, and (although much better than the 6 month mark) I am still not what I used to be. Are there any doctors out there that can say if Portis will be the Running Back respected by so many in the beginning of the next season? Also, if he might not, this might be even more reason to secure Betts.

Big C 12-07-2006 05:55 PM

Re: Will Portis be ready to go?

a knee injury is a lot worse than a shoulder injury id think

soccercycbk 12-07-2006 06:18 PM

[quote=Big C;257167]a knee injury is a lot worse than a shoulder injury id think[/quote]
Yeah an ACL and Meniscus injury is def a lot worse. It was probably minor surgery considering he was playing on the shoulder ok till he hurt his hand. Plus they got those hyperbaric chambers now. He should be fine..i'm looking forward to a renewed cp next season.

MTK 12-07-2006 06:48 PM

Perhaps another reason why the Skins are pushing to keep Betts?

Just a thought.

CP should be ready to go, but you never know.

dall-assblows 12-07-2006 06:52 PM

his recovery is estimated at 6 months. that is all he has to do or in other words, that is his job. he will spend all that time trying to get better.

i am fully confident that he will be for OTAs and Training Camp.

SkinsLove24/7 12-07-2006 06:53 PM

I think CP is gonna be coming out in full force next season and prob. a little bitter about hoe this year turned out. So I think that we can expect Portis to come out strong and try to re-establish himself as a premier running back in the league.....at least I hope.

GTripp0012 12-07-2006 07:02 PM

Rich Gannon tore his labrum and came back with a stronger arm than ever. Drew Bress tore his and leads the league in passing yards. Those guys are Quarterbacks!

RBs like Portis should be fine.

Gmanc711 12-07-2006 07:44 PM

Nothing against you....

But Clinton Portis, and athletes in general are just different human beings. I'm not saying its not possible that he wouldnt be ready, but their road to recovery is a little bit different and most times athletes will return on time or before they are "supposed too".

BeastsoftheNFCeast 12-07-2006 08:09 PM

[quote=Gmanc711;257210]Nothing against you....

But Clinton Portis, and athletes in general are just different human beings. I'm not saying its not possible that he wouldnt be ready, but their road to recovery is a little bit different and most times athletes will return on time or before they are "supposed too".[/quote]

I mean, I'm a hardcore soccer player, I made varsity for the state champs in my sophmore year, I rehabed an hour a day for 6 months. I get what your saying, but what I'm saying is that even if he is ready to play, I don't think he will initially be the Clinton we will expect him to be (maybe, I don't know, I'm not a doctor). I was ready to play after 6 months, but kids that I used to smoke I was just as fast as, I could cut but not quickly, and I could kick but not as hard, far, or accurate. Even now, 10 months after surgery, I'd say my Sophmore self would kick my ass.

tdSKINS1 12-07-2006 08:36 PM

yep definetly not against you, i'm taking Athletic Training classes and the ACL is hard to recover from, but to take into consideration that for the next 6 months this is all he will be focusing on and with his money and probably top rated facilities to rehab he should be good as new maybe a little better in hopefully earlier than 6 months

Gmanc711 12-08-2006 12:11 AM

This isnt like an ACL surgery where you can't play when you have the injury anyways. He played a good number of games with the injury anyways and probaboly wouldnt have even had the surgery done if he didnt break his hand. I"m not that worried about it right now, but time will tell I guess. No surgery is easy to come back from, but I think he's going to be fine.

dgack 12-08-2006 01:25 AM

A shoulder surgery and a knee repair are not even in the zip code. CP's health is a concern, IMO, but not because of the surgery -- because he's a small guy who gets far too many touches and takes way too many shots in a power offense he's really not suited for.

I think we've got another year or two tops of prime Portis and then he starts to decline, although having Ladell find his game and become the knockout punch could lengthen Clinton's golden years.

dmek25 12-08-2006 06:29 AM

top notch doctors, top notch rehab facilities, and thinking rehab 24/7. he will be ready

backrow 12-08-2006 08:40 AM

[QUOTE=GTripp0012;257191]Rich Gannon tore his labrum and came back with a stronger arm than ever. Drew Bress tore his and leads the league in passing yards. Those guys are Quarterbacks!

RBs like Portis should be fine.[/QUOTE]

CP throws, what, maybe two passes per year? And with his right arm?

I agree with you GTripp. CP should be fine. Besides, the cast and sling are attractive to the ladies! He won't be hurting!

#56fanatic 12-08-2006 08:45 AM

[quote=BeastsoftheNFCeast;257166]Clinton Portis's surgery is supposively a 6 month recovery. When I tore my ACL and Meniscus, my doc (who is the same one doing Portis's surgery) said in 6 months I'd be ready to go. The surgery went well and nothing unordinary happened, but after 6 months I could not do what I used to do athletically, In fact, it has been almost 10 months since my surgery, and (although much better than the 6 month mark) I am still not what I used to be. Are there any doctors out there that can say if Portis will be the Running Back respected by so many in the beginning of the next season? Also, if he might not, this might be even more reason to secure Betts.[/quote]

I would venture to say that Portis is a finely tuned athelete with the best trainers around. I would say his recovery time compared to the average person would be far less.