Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Skins Will Upset The Saints! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=16322)

12thMan 12-11-2006 09:01 PM

Re: Skins Will Upset The Saints!

[quote=mheisig;259125]If we could get them to click on all 8, or even 12 or 16 cylinders, then we'd be in business.[/quote]

I know:(

If there's any consolation for the Skins right now, at least Rex Grossman isn't our QB.

SweetPea Jefferson 12-11-2006 10:06 PM

Here in New Orleans, the local sports announcers, specifically Bobby Hebert, are looking past the Skins. Everyone is saying that it will be next to impossible for the Saints to lose to the Skins. Instead of talking about the Skins vs. Saints game, all talk is where to buy playoff tickets and that the Saints can get home field if they beat Carolina and NY Giants. Go Skins!!!

RobH4413 12-11-2006 10:12 PM

That's good to know!

If we win the turnover battle, we'll win IMO.
That being said.

[B][U]Prediction:[/U][/B]

28-17 saints win.

Campbell goes 15/30 215yd 2td 2int

Betts plays great again.

Defense won't be able to handle that offense. A good dallas
D just got smoked. I don't see us pulling this one out. It'll be another game that we win alot of the stats, but lose.

SmootSmack 12-11-2006 10:23 PM

[QUOTE=SweetPea Jefferson;259138]Here in New Orleans, the local sports announcers, specifically Bobby Hebert, are looking past the Skins. Everyone is saying that it will be next to impossible for the Saints to lose to the Skins. Instead of talking about the Skins vs. Saints game, all talk is where to buy playoff tickets and that the Saints can get home field if they beat Carolina and NY Giants. Go Skins!!![/QUOTE]

Welcome to the board. I must say I always liked Bobby Hebert when he was playing. Him and Dalton Hilliard

Saints Fan in Austin 12-12-2006 01:55 AM

Not going to happen! Payton won't let the Saints look ahead, and the home field advantage will be crazy in the Superdome coming off of that Dallas win. I just don't see it happening.

GTripp0012 12-12-2006 02:13 AM

[quote=Saints Fan in Austin;259167]Not going to happen! Payton won't let the Saints look ahead, and the home field advantage will be crazy in the Superdome coming off of that Dallas win. I just don't see it happening.[/quote]I agree, but we won't be as easy as Dallas was, I promise you that!

marius 12-12-2006 06:33 AM

I have to say, poor as we have been and well as the Saints are playing, I really fancy the Skins to win. I just feel that they will take their eyes of this game and focus on later, bigger games. Campbell will continue to improve and we seem to have established some running game consitency and I see the D stepping up against the Saints. Let's hope so, anyway!

oldhog44 12-12-2006 08:00 AM

na, they will play hard for a quarter or two and then realize they make a crap load of money and have been out of the playoffs for weeks, and shut it down

freddyg12 12-12-2006 08:23 AM

I see the Skins winning because (in no particular order)
1) it's December & that's when Gibbs teams win most, even the losing ones. 2) We have no pressure on us
3) Law of averages- we are due to get some TOs. brees will throw 2 int.s & Bush will fumble
4) Campbell is making progress & will put together his best game. He'll have lots of family there as this is as close to home (Miss.) as he's played.

12thMan 12-18-2006 11:47 AM

[quote=Saints Fan in Austin;259167]Not going to happen! Payton won't let the Saints look ahead, and the home field advantage will be crazy in the Superdome coming off of that Dallas win. I just don't see it happening.[/quote]

I wonder where this guy is today?

Monkeydad 12-18-2006 11:50 AM

[quote=LMsexyAO;258961]Ya'll are forgetting one very important detail: [B][U][COLOR=Red]The Washington Redskins are THE most unpredictable team in the NFL![/COLOR][/U][/B] If we shut out the Saints, that wouldn't surprise me, if we get crushed, well, that wouldn't surprise me either! Have faith.[/quote]

You're right. :food-smil

Lock 12-18-2006 12:27 PM

[quote=Lock;259035]Saints fan here, and we're not chalking this up a win by any means. Maybe the so called "experts" will say that we're the heavy favorite, but so were the Cowboys last night, so that don't mean squat to me.

Our Run D is suspect at best. We were able to get off to a big lead where Dallas could not pound away at us, but if you guys can keep Drew from making a big play early and us getting the lead, a steady diet of Betts, while picking on our secondary will put you guys in a good position.[/quote]

I told you guys that this would happen. We've had 2 big wins with eggs right behind them.... I was very impressed with Campbell and the O-line. He had time for a cup of coffee and a smoke before every throw. Betts is a sneaky little motha also. He and portis should provide a nice 1-2 punch next year, if they give him more touches.

Your Defense also stepped up and had us looking un prepared the whole game.

Good Win. I hope we learn from it.

12thMan 12-18-2006 12:33 PM

[quote=Lock;261531]I told you guys that this would happen. We've had 2 big wins with eggs right behind them.... I was very impressed with Campbell and the O-line. He had time for a cup of coffee and a smoke before every throw. Betts is a sneaky little motha also. He and portis should provide a nice 1-2 punch next year, if they give him more touches.

Your Defense also stepped up and had us looking un prepared the whole game.

Good Win. I hope we learn from it.[/quote]

Good man.

ArtMonkDrillz 12-18-2006 12:48 PM

[QUOTE=Lock;261531]Your Defense also stepped up and had us looking un prepared the whole game.

Good Win. I hope we learn from it.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you're saying with that last line. I really think good teams like the Saints need a lose like this one before the playoffs so that they don't get to high on themselves. At the same time though, you guys better hope we didn't provide other teams (especially the Bears) with a blueprint for how to beat you.

And good call 12th. Now I wish I had gone down for the game like I originally planned. Stupid hindsight.

hesscl34 12-18-2006 12:53 PM

I'm so happy when my dreams (good dreams) come true!!!! :)