Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   With the 6th Pick, The Redskins Select... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=16613)

EXoffender 01-01-2007 01:34 PM

Re: With the 5th Pick, The Redskins Select...

I'd say... Posluszny, Paul (OLB), Penn State 1 6-2 230 4.58

As far as the DL goes we need a run stopping DT who will draw double teams. Griffin and Golston are the same pass rushing type. Carter and Evans are solid enough and will be better with improved DT play. CB is another need, possibly greater than our front seven but are there any NFL starting caliber to-be-rookies that fit the bill? That need will likely be our trendy FA splash.

Schneed10 01-01-2007 02:04 PM

We officially have the 6th overall pick. Arizona had an easier schedule than we did, as expected.

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2715578]ESPN.com - NFL - 2007 NFL draft order[/url]

redskins5044 01-01-2007 02:13 PM

[quote=That Guy;265708]adam gaines if he's still there, if not, posluszny would be a good pick, though you can really get good LBs pretty easily in the 2nd. troy smith might be a big upgrade at QB, but i don't really think you can do

are u serious with saying troy smith would be a big upgrade at QB he would be a rookie. and we dont need another OLB do u guys watch the skins games we could use a ILB,DE,DT,CB.

Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor 01-01-2007 06:12 PM

We need to trade down and pick up other picks including a lower 1st round pick. I would have to say draft moses with that pick and add a mlb with another pick we get by trading down. sign nate clements and a big fat run stopping stud in the middle to help out keeping ou linebackers free to make plays along with our defensive ends to play one on one with the opposing teams' tackles. This is the first step to improve this team.

EternalEnigma21 01-01-2007 06:35 PM

I'd take troy smith with the fifth pick... I mean he wouldn't start for 2-4 years in this franchise, anyway, why not take him? If JC doesn't make it, or gets hurt we have smith there...

I like Jason Campbell, but I don't think you can turn down Troy Smith.

redskins5044 01-01-2007 06:37 PM

yes u can turn down troy smith we dont need a QB

djnemo65 01-01-2007 06:39 PM

[QUOTE=That Guy;265708]adam gaines if he's still there, if not, posluszny would be a good pick, though you can really get good LBs pretty easily in the 2nd. troy smith might be a big upgrade at QB, but i don't really think you can do that with such an old defense and campbell playing alright thusfar.

NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM Current Top 20:

1 Quinn, Brady (QB), Notre Dame 1 6-4 228 4.70
2 Thomas, Joe (OT), Wisconsin 1 6-7 310 5.06
3 Adams, Gaines (DE), Clemson 1 6-5 260 4.72
4 Posluszny, Paul (OLB), Penn State 1 6-2 230 4.58
5 Smith, Troy (QB), Ohio State 1 6-1 212 4.60
6 Brown, Levi (OT), Penn State 1 6-4 325 5.28
7 Abiamiri, Victor (DE), Notre Dame 1 6-4 264 4.75
8 Landry, LaRon (FS), LSU 1 6-2 205 4.48
9 Hall, Leon (CB), Michigan 1 5-11 195 4.48
10 Samardzija, Jeff (WR), Notre Dame 1 6-5 216 4.50
11 Woodley, LaMarr (DE), Michigan 1 6-1 270 4.68
12 Okoye, Amobi (DT), Louisville 1 6-2 315 5.03
13 Bowe, Dwayne (WR), LSU 1 6-2 220 4.52
14 Timmons, *Lawrence (OLB), Florida State 1 6-3 232 4.62
15 Davis, A.J. (CB), North Carolina State 1 5-10 188 4.44
16 Tyler, Tank (DT), North Carolina State 1 6-2 310 5.20
17 Irons, Kenny (RB), Auburn 1 5-11 202 4.48
18 Carriker, Adam (DE), Nebraska 1 6-6 286 4.86
19 Blalock, Justin (OT), Texas 1 6-4 330 5.25
20 Moses, Quentin (DE), Georgia 1 6-5 252 4.75

a lot can change before draft day, and they don't move 2008 prospects over until they've officially declared (ie, calvin johnson, adrian peterson, dewayne jarret, etc), which will definitely change the top 32.[/QUOTE]

Kiper said last week that he thought Poszlusny was looking like late 1/early 2 nd round. He definitely won't go in the top 5.

tatrave 01-01-2007 06:41 PM

It has to be Leon Hall out of Michigan, without a doubt. He is the best corner in the draft and one of the best I have seen in a long time. Watch him on the USC recievers today.

PSUskinsfan11 01-01-2007 06:55 PM

[QUOTE=tatrave;265860]It has to be Leon Hall out of Michigan, without a doubt. He is the best corner in the draft and one of the best I have seen in a long time. Watch him on the USC recievers today.[/QUOTE]

I would have to disagree....if you watched Hall vs. OSU he was terrible. He got burned several times, was out of position, and missed tackles. I know our secondary needs help badly and I did like Hall until I watched that game but this is a deep draft and we would be better off trading down and picking up some picks.

If Calvin Johnson would somehow fall to us there would be alot of teams willing to trade up and take him. If you look at the top 5 picks there really isn't a team that looks to invest a top pick in a WR. The Bucs might take especially after the game he had today but the other teams have more important issues then WR.

If we stay at our spot I would say Ganies Adams, at least he will help our pass rush. There really isn't any CB's worth taking this high in the draft.

If we trade down, which I would prefer, I would say pick up a LB in the first either Patrick Willis from Ole Miss or Paul Posluszny from PSU. Both will be great pros and Posluszny has the ability to play MLB or OLB. Then in a later round, 2nd or 3rd depending what we get, pick up a DB like David Irons from Auburn. He is a good cover coner with good speed and he can tackle. He is not as big as the DB's Williams likes but he can cover big WR's well. He did a great job covering Sidney Rice a very talented 6'4" WR with possibly sub 4.4 speed.

redskins5044 01-01-2007 07:03 PM

for the guy who thinks we should take troy smith. why dont we draft adrain peterson then. we need another RB. our weakness all year has been the defense. if we dont go with defense with this pick the front office is dumb. unless u trade down to get more picks

tatrave 01-01-2007 07:08 PM

hall would mainly play nickle and dime in his first year and would have an immediate impact in that area. We don't need a qb or a wide reciever. Defensive seconday.

SKINSnCANES 01-01-2007 08:36 PM

[url=http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/mock_draft.htm]2007 NFL Mock Draft[/url]

that almost hurts to read....

Analysis: We don't like to predict trades in our mock drafts, but if we did this pick would almost certainly be headed somewhere else in exchange for a talented but severely overpaid veteran who could do his part to clogs the arteries of the Redskins salary cap for years to come. But since we don't, the Skins take Branch here which almost certainly won't happen because, well it makes sense.

12thMan 01-01-2007 08:43 PM

[quote=SKINSnCANES;265886][URL="http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/mock_draft.htm"]2007 NFL Mock Draft[/URL]

that almost hurts to read....

Analysis: We don't like to predict trades in our mock drafts, but if we did this pick would almost certainly be headed somewhere else in exchange for a talented but severely overpaid veteran who could do his part to clogs the arteries of the Redskins salary cap for years to come. But since we don't, the Skins take Branch here which almost certainly won't happen because, well it makes sense.[/quote]

As Usher said, 'Truth Hurts'....

Anyway, why would we draft Troy Smith? That would be an utter waste of a pick?! That baffles me, and to suggest he could play in 2-4 years? He and Campbell can't be anymore than two years apart in age to begin with. It should never be brought up again.

Mark my words, Jason Campbell will cause a lot of jaws to drop next year.

disclaimer: Only the truth hurt thing was for you Skins&Canes....the rest was for the masses:)

Darrell_Green_28 01-01-2007 09:12 PM

that draft is incorrect anyways has detroit with #1 overall and us with 7th.. when we have sixth and lions are #2 behind the raiders.

redskins5044 01-01-2007 09:14 PM

ditto that 12thman. that guy who said we should draft troy smith with the #6 pick is an idiot. first what kind of message does that send to the team and why waste a pick on him so high when he is not rated that high. he must be an ohio st fan