Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Vince Young is gonna be the best qb in the league in a few years. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=16614)

Redskinhog1963 12-31-2006 11:32 PM

Vince Young is gonna be the best qb in the league in a few years.

i watched most of the game between the titans and the patriots today,and saying that vince young is gonna keep this league on fire for awhile is an understatement.he may the best pure football player this league has seen since randall cunningham started playing in the nfl.
he threw an int 40 yards downfield to the patriots secondary,and he was
the first player to touch the guy on the play.last qb i ever saw that did that frequently was john elway,and we all know where he is now.he has the potential to make all the league's younger qbs look like girl scouts.
who knows?maybe he'll become the michael jordan of the nfl.

steveo395 12-31-2006 11:56 PM

Re: Vince Young is gonna be the best qb in the league in a few years.

So hes the best because he threw an interception and was the first one to touch the defender? Thats retarded

jsarno 01-01-2007 12:20 AM

No he won't.
Remember Kordel Stewart, and even Michael Vick? Vick was a better athlete coming out of college, and now people are finally seeing he's overrated. You have to be able to throw the ball well, and Vince Doesn't, Vick doesn't, and Stewart never did.

djnemo65 01-01-2007 02:48 AM

[QUOTE=jsarno;265669]No he won't.
Remember Kordel Stewart, and even Michael Vick? Vick was a better athlete coming out of college, and now people are finally seeing he's overrated. You have to be able to throw the ball well, and Vince Doesn't, Vick doesn't, and Stewart never did.[/QUOTE]

I'm scratching my head. I don't what a guy has to do to impress some of you people on here. Young is the most exciting player in recent memory. He went 8-5 as a rookie on a team that was supposed to win 5 or 6 games, authoring multiple comeback victories.

Also, I'm sick of people automatically comparing all black quarterbacks to each other even when they are completely different players. Young's game has little do with Vick's and absolutely nothing to do with friggin Kordell Stewart's! I just hope we don't start throwing Campbell into that group as well.

dall-assblows 01-01-2007 12:55 PM

[quote=Redskinhog1963;265664]i watched most of the game between the titans and the patriots today,and saying that vince young is gonna keep this league on fire for awhile is an understatement.he may the best pure football player this league has seen since randall cunningham started playing in the nfl.
he threw an int 40 yards downfield to the patriots secondary,and he was
the first player to touch the guy on the play.last qb i ever saw that did that frequently was john elway,and we all know where he is now.he has the potential to make all the league's younger qbs look like girl scouts.
who knows?maybe he'll become the michael jordan of the nfl.[/quote]

are u really a redskins fan? if you were you'd be saying that campbell is going to be the best in a few years

12thMan 01-01-2007 12:59 PM

[quote=djnemo65;265699]I'm scratching my head. I don't what a guy has to do to impress some of you people on here. Young is the most exciting player in recent memory. He went 8-5 as a rookie on a team that was supposed to win 5 or 6 games, authoring multiple comeback victories.

Also, I'm sick of people automatically comparing all black quarterbacks to each other even when they are completely different players. Young's game has little do with Vick's and absolutely nothing to do with friggin Kordell Stewart's! I just hope we don't start throwing Campbell into that group as well.[/quote]

It's funny how people lump black quarterbacks together and call them 'athletes'. It's really funny.

I think Vince should win rookie of the year, but Jason Campbell and Jay Cutler will be a better quarterbacks. Both are better pure passers.

wolfeskins 01-01-2007 01:24 PM

[quote=djnemo65;265699]I'm scratching my head. I don't what a guy has to do to impress some of you people on here. Young is the most exciting player in recent memory. He went 8-5 as a rookie on a team that was supposed to win 5 or 6 games, authoring multiple comeback victories.

Also, I'm sick of people automatically comparing all black quarterbacks to each other even when they are completely different players. Young's game has little do with Vick's and absolutely nothing to do with friggin Kordell Stewart's! I just hope we don't start throwing Campbell into that group as well.[/quote]

they are compared to each other because of their style of play, not just because they're black. it's way to early to tell how successful he's gonna be. look at what ben roethlisburger did his rookie season, now look at what he did this year.

Redskinhog1963 01-01-2007 02:23 PM

[quote=steveo395;265667]So hes the best because he threw an interception and was the first one to touch the defender? Thats retarded[/quote]
i did'nt say that mr pain.when's the next jacka$$ moviecoming out?!watched the man play a total game.he has something no other qb in the league does'nt come close to having,he sees the defenses good,when he throws a pass,it's 90% of the time it is right to the guy he's throwing it too,and he can run like hell too!as for tackling the guy after running a dead sprint 40 yards down field,there were three guys a lot closer to the guy that interceoted the pass.lets see you run down the field and do that!
mt calabra!

Redskinhog1963 01-01-2007 02:28 PM

[quote=dall-assblows;265780]are u really a redskins fan? if you were you'd be saying that campbell is going to be the best in a few years[/quote]

been a skins fan 44 years my friend.campbell is gonna be a great qb,he's
more of a rothlesberger/mcnair type of qb in mho.i was never impressed with vick,all he can really do is run,he'd be a better rb than qb,sort of like joe washington/ernest byner.campbell,barring injury if he develops may be the skins qb the next ten years.nobody would be happier than me if that happens.

Redskinhog1963 01-01-2007 02:35 PM

[quote=jsarno;265669]No he won't.
Remember Kordel Stewart, and even Michael Vick? Vick was a better athlete coming out of college, and now people are finally seeing he's overrated. You have to be able to throw the ball well, and Vince Doesn't, Vick doesn't, and Stewart never did.[/quote]

WTF brought kordell stewart into this mess? va tech is less than ah nour from my town,and i saw vick play about every major game in college.i think the same now as i thought then,good qb in college could be a lot better rb in the nfl.he's a joke when it comes to throwing the ball!kordell stewart would still be playing in pittsburg now if he would have remained slash,he did'nt and his last game he was crying on the sideline because he had been yanked after another awful start.it's pretty hard to lose your job to somebody like turnover tommy maddox,maybe that is what slash was crying for.

hooskins 01-01-2007 02:37 PM

Campbell honestly reminds me of a young Culpepper. Strong, can run if needed, and throws a great deep ball.

Redskinhog1963 01-01-2007 02:47 PM

[quote=hooskins;265809]Campbell honestly reminds me of a young Culpepper. Strong, can run if needed, and throws a great deep ball.[/quote]

but he is'nt as big and hefty as culpepper is though.is'nt culpepper the tallest qb in the nfl?

jsarno 01-01-2007 02:57 PM

[QUOTE=djnemo65;265699]I'm scratching my head. I don't what a guy has to do to impress some of you people on here. Young is the most exciting player in recent memory. He went 8-5 as a rookie on a team that was supposed to win 5 or 6 games, authoring multiple comeback victories.

Also, I'm sick of people automatically comparing all black quarterbacks to each other even when they are completely different players. Young's game has little do with Vick's and absolutely nothing to do with friggin Kordell Stewart's! I just hope we don't start throwing Campbell into that group as well.[/QUOTE]

Ummm, seriously...check out his stats as a QB...they SUCKED! 51.7% completion, 12 td's 13 ints in 15 games, and only 2199 yards passing is horrible for a QB.
So, comparing him to Kordell and Vick have nothing to do with him being black, it has to do with him being WAAAAY overrated from the get go and being a scrambling qb. Because he uses his legs to win the games, not his arm. If you can't use your arm to win, you will not succeed in the NFL. Vick has been told this and is now working on it daily, he will need more improvement to make it. Kordell never learned it, and Vince needs to learn it immediately if he wants to be successful.
Campbell on the other hand has already learned this...same with McNair, and McNabb (hmmm, all black QB's, but they weren't mentioned...maybe you should not be so quick to think it's racial.) All three of the guys just mentioned understand the game better and beleive in the pocket passing to win scenario. All three can scramble (or used to be able to) with the best of them, but only do it when absolutely needed. See the difference?

So, what I am sick of is people automatically assuming racism. It's idiotic and immature. Also, I am sick of people overreacting by saying stuff like "all black qb's" when only 3 were mentioned.
I'll be honest, I've never been more disgusted by someone's assumption like what you just did. This is why racism is alive and well in the world ladies and gentlemen...it's repulsive. I never reply to a post with personal feelings about a poster, and hopefully this will be the last, but you should really look into what is being said before you make a comment like that.

jsarno 01-01-2007 03:01 PM

[QUOTE=wolfeskins;265785]they are compared to each other because of their style of play, not just because they're black. [/QUOTE]

Exactly. Also because of their hype.

djnemo65 01-01-2007 06:28 PM

[QUOTE=jsarno;265815]Ummm, seriously...check out his stats as a QB...they SUCKED! 51.7% completion, 12 td's 13 ints in 15 games, and only 2199 yards passing is horrible for a QB.
So, comparing him to Kordell and Vick have nothing to do with him being black, it has to do with him being WAAAAY overrated from the get go and being a scrambling qb. Because he uses his legs to win the games, not his arm. If you can't use your arm to win, you will not succeed in the NFL. Vick has been told this and is now working on it daily, he will need more improvement to make it. Kordell never learned it, and Vince needs to learn it immediately if he wants to be successful.
Campbell on the other hand has already learned this...same with McNair, and McNabb (hmmm, all black QB's, but they weren't mentioned...maybe you should not be so quick to think it's racial.) All three of the guys just mentioned understand the game better and beleive in the pocket passing to win scenario. All three can scramble (or used to be able to) with the best of them, but only do it when absolutely needed. See the difference?

So, what I am sick of is people automatically assuming racism. It's idiotic and immature. Also, I am sick of people overreacting by saying stuff like "all black qb's" when only 3 were mentioned.
I'll be honest, I've never been more disgusted by someone's assumption like what you just did. This is why racism is alive and well in the world ladies and gentlemen...it's repulsive. I never reply to a post with personal feelings about a poster, and hopefully this will be the last, but you should really look into what is being said before you make a comment like that.[/QUOTE]

Dude, chill! Who said anything about racism? I just think it's intellectually lazy to compare quarterbacks who have little in common other than race, yet are compared to each other all the time anyway. Okay? Kordell Stewart wasn't even brought into the league to be a franchise quarterback but rather was envisioned more as an ARE type player, plus he never had the size or the skill set Young has, and he played a completely different style when he did finally become a starter. He was in the league several years before he even got a real chance at QB, and when he did it was more out of necessity than anything else. So what the hell does that have to do with Vince Young? It's a piss poor comparison.

Young has shown a profound ability to make tough throws. I guarantee you his completion percentage will go up as he continues to learn and grow as a QB. Besides, the only stat that matters is w's, and Young has those. He's a winner, and that goes beyond stats.

I wasn't attacking you personally and I'm surprised by the hyperbole of your response. I just think your arguments are el-lameo, albeit somewhat common in sports punditry. I'm sorry but McNabb, Mcnair, Vick, and Kordell are not all different examples of the same type of quarterback who were all able to learn with varying degrees of success about "the pocket passing to win scenario" - as you totally just suggested - and it's intellectually sloppy to group them together. Why doesn't anyone compare Young to Brett Favre, a gutsy mobile qb with a rocket who isn't afraid to take chances, who can will a team to victory through moxy alone, and who brings an improvisational dynamism to the field with every play?

And if you don't believe me on anything else, believe me on this. Exchanges like this are not the reason racism is alive in the world today, lol!