Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Name Your Core Redskins (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=16673)

12thMan 01-04-2007 04:32 PM

Name Your Core Redskins

I've been thinking about this since all the articles have been written about the internal challenges we've gone through this year.

I love every player on the current team....Archuletta included:)

But I was thinking if I absolutely had to start over with the current group we have and build from there, who would I keep.

Again, I'm making this decision based on what I perceive as a core Skin and not neccessarily their talent or what I've seen on the field.

I would have to start with [B]Jon Jansen[/B]. I think this guy truly bleeds burgundy and gold.

Chris Samuels.
Rock Cartwright.
Mike Sellers.
Ethan Albright.
Randy Thomas
LaDell Betts
Ade Jimoh
Chris Cooley
Jason Campbell
Sean Taylor
Santana Moss
Reynaldo Wynn
Phillip Daniels
Derrick Dockery

Yep, that's it.

Hog1 01-04-2007 04:40 PM

Re: Name Your Core Redskins

Good list, Jansen, who else EVER played with TWO broken thumbs. Add Portis, he's a baller

RobH4413 01-04-2007 04:41 PM

Marcus Washington?

12thMan 01-04-2007 04:43 PM

I left those two out for some reason. I think Portis could easily be on that list...I just left him off for some reason.

gabe1984 01-04-2007 04:44 PM

How come B. Lloyd isn't on that list?!?!

12thMan 01-04-2007 04:45 PM

[quote=gabe1984;267167]How come B. Lloyd isn't on that list?!?![/quote]

He is, the sh**T list!

gabe1984 01-04-2007 04:46 PM

[quote=12thMan;267169]He is, the sh**T list![/quote]
haha, good one!!!!!

mooby 01-04-2007 04:47 PM

Honestly, I think core Redskins is a loosely used term with Gibbs. I mean, when you hear teammates talk about Antonio Pierce and Ryan Clark, they say they were actually "core Redskins". Clark was widely popular in the locker room. I don't actually believe that Gibbs wouldn't give up one of his core Redskins for a player he thought was better.

firstdown 01-04-2007 04:48 PM

Ryan Hoaq
David Patten
Sam Wilder

12thMan 01-04-2007 04:49 PM

[quote=mooby;267171]Honestly, I think core Redskins is a loosely used term with Gibbs. I mean, when you hear teammates talk about Antonio Pierce and Ryan Clark, they say they were actually "core Redskins". Clark was widely popular in the locker room. I don't actually believe that Gibbs wouldn't give up one of his core Redskins for a player he thought was better.[/quote]

That's why it's my list and not Joe's :)

Redskins_P 01-04-2007 04:55 PM

Randy Thomas
Jon Jansen
Chris Samuels
Clinton Portis
Santana Moss
Chris Cooley
Derrick Dockery
Marcus Washington
Shawn Springs
Sean Taylor
Phillip Daniels
Renaldo Wynn
Cornelius Griffin
Rock Cartwright

*Vinny Cerrato*

Big C 01-04-2007 05:02 PM

Randy Thomas
Jon Jansen
Chris Samuels
Clinton Portis
Santana Moss
Chris Cooley
Derrick Dockery
Marcus Washington
Phillip Daniels
Renaldo Wynn
Rock Cartwright
Ladell Betts
Antwaan Randle El
Casey Rabach

Beemnseven 01-04-2007 05:10 PM

Hard not to include any of the offensive line, though Rabach at times seems like an outcast. The other four though, they're beginning to make their own history right next to the Hogs if you ask me.

But too often, I think we get hung up on names that are nothing more than a familiarity to us as fans. When you actually get down to examination of their contribution on the field though, it gets difficult -- objectivity loses out.

Take Renaldo Wynn for instance. He seems to be a fan favorite, and for the life of me I cannot figure out why. People talk about him as the "locker room leader" and BINGO! ... he gets the tag of a 'core Redskin' and his complete and utter lack of any playmaking ability whatsoever gets tossed out the window, and gets a pass. Check these numbers: in the last two seasons ('05 & '06) he has played in 15 games each year, has 30 and 14 tackles for the seasons respectively, and one half sack. He'd have serious trouble making the roster of any other team in the league.

Someone please explain that one to me.

Redskins_P 01-04-2007 05:12 PM

[QUOTE=Big C;267182]Randy Thomas
Jon Jansen
Chris Samuels
Clinton Portis
Santana Moss
Chris Cooley
Derrick Dockery
Marcus Washington
Phillip Daniels
Renaldo Wynn
Rock Cartwright
Ladell Betts
Antwaan Randle El
Casey Rabach[/QUOTE]

Nice. Forgot to add Randle El and Ladell to my list. They definitely should be included.

Bill B 01-04-2007 05:22 PM

I thought I heard Gibbs say in an interview that James Thrash was a core Redskin?

Also what exactly does a Core redskin mean? Is it a term to describe players who have outstanding work ethic and lead by example? Or is it a term to mean guys we absolutely have to have on our team to win the games? Couldn't stating that you are a core Redskin make some of the lesser known guys feel a little slighted? I don't see other teams terming their players as core guys - why do the Skins do this?