Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Monk For The Hall Video (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/16675-monk-for-the-hall-video.html)

Lady Brave 01-04-2007 09:09 PM

Monk For The Hall Video

This video is being posted on several sites right now. It is a comprehensive look at refuting the arguments against Monk's induction into the HOF. I can't say enough about the video to do it justice. All I know is that when Monk makes it in, I'm goin to Canton.

[URL]http://www.monk4thehall.com/[/URL]

JGisLordOfTheRings 01-04-2007 09:23 PM

Re: Monk For The Hall Video

[quote=Lady Brave;267246]This video is being posted on several sites right now. It is a comprehensive look at refuting the arguments against Monk's induction into the HOF. I can't say enough about the video to do it justice. All I know is that when Monk makes it in, I'm goin to Canton.

[URL]http://www.monk4thehall.com/[/URL][/quote]

amen...nice vid too....

ArtMonkDrillz 01-04-2007 10:13 PM

[B]THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THAT!!!![/B] Not to sound all sappy, but I nearly got choked up at the end of that.

My cousin and I were just talking about the summer we went to Art Monk's football camp ([I]which served as the basis for my screenname[/I]) when we were kids. I got to meet the man a couple of times, and that is something I will truly never forget. I was too young to remember a lot of games with him, but I do know that he was the first person that I really paid attention to on any team, so that video was just great.

Now, who's up for flooding Peter King and Dr. Z's mailbox with that?

ArtMonkDrillz 01-04-2007 10:15 PM

PS - I'll see you all in Canton when he finally gets in.

jsarno 01-04-2007 10:22 PM

You know, it's odd that everyone I have talked to about Monk says he deserves the hall, but for some reason he's not in.
Maybe if he had the mouth of a Micheal Irvin then he'd be in already...goes to show you how where the quiet team players in this world end up.

JoeRedskin 01-04-2007 10:34 PM

Wow. How is this man not in the hall of fame.

I dare you to watch this and vote against him Dr. Z.

This is the year.

jsarno 01-04-2007 10:36 PM

[QUOTE=JoeRedskin;267287]Wow. How is this man not in the hall of fame.

I dare you to watch this and vote against him Dr. Z.

This is the year.[/QUOTE]

I agree...but they somehow find a reason not to do it. He was a true professional...if we had a team full of Art Monk's, we'd win the super bowl every year!

JoeRedskin 01-04-2007 10:40 PM

[QUOTE=ArtMonkDrillz;267277] Now, who's up for flooding Peter King and Dr. Z's mailbox with that?[/QUOTE]

Peter King has switched. He has said he is voting for Monk and publicly stated his reasons for doing so. The people we need to get this to are the other voters - each team's local rep and the rest of the at-large guys (there are 10).

B/c he's an obstinate bastard - Dr. Z will NEVER vote Monk in. I wouldn't be surprised if the vote this year is 41 - 1.

I am betting that, b/c it has been delayed for so long and b/c he is such a class act, Monk's induction will be major cause celebre' among the talking heads.

724Skinsfan 01-04-2007 10:54 PM

Fantastically awesome! Both the video and Art Monk's career. I will be there when his time comes.

jsarno 01-04-2007 11:01 PM

[QUOTE=724Skinsfan;267294]Fantastically awesome! Both the video and Art Monk's career. I will be there when his time comes.[/QUOTE]

I will too.
I'll be wearing my authentic throwback 81 jersey as well!

Monk-Fan 01-05-2007 01:13 AM

Great video i was amazed at how much old footage their was used in the video. Thank you to whoever took the time to make it. When Monk finally gets in i think that he will recognize all of his fans support, even after all the years that he has been retired. Cant wait for it to be official!!!!!!!!

#56fanatic 01-05-2007 08:43 AM

it is amazing to me that Monk is not in the Hall. My issue with this is why aren't the people with "Football inteligence" voting or have a majority of the say in who is voted in. The writers most of whom have never suited up for any professional or collegient sporting event in their life should not be given the end all be all power of hall of fame voting. It is a shame that Monk was not in on his 1st attempt. it is a crime against the those all ready in the hall and the hall of fame itself

jbcjr14 01-05-2007 10:29 AM

This video is amazing. I had chills watching some of those great catches during the glory days of old. This is the year he finally gets what he deserves.

Redskins_P 01-05-2007 10:49 AM

Awesome video that brought back some great memories. How Monk is not in the HOF is beyond me.