Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   F...Resistance to Change (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/16735-f-resistance-to-change.html)

saden1 01-09-2007 01:38 PM

F...Resistance to Change

Why do people resist change? Do they want to mask their own shortcomings or cover their ass? I really get agitated when I here "this is how we have always done it" or "everyone is doing it this way." Nobody seems to ask "why" and "can we do better" anymore.

Schneed10 01-09-2007 02:10 PM

Re: F...Resistance to Change

Word. Is there something specific you have in mind, or is this just more of a generic rant?

My father is the king of "this how I've always done it." It even pertained to how the dishwasher should have been loaded. Once I put the glasses on the bottom and the dishes on the top just to blow his mind. He freaked out at me, LOL.

EternalEnigma21 01-09-2007 02:17 PM

In my business everytime there's a change, it means less money for me and more for the Coorporate Execs...

724Skinsfan 01-09-2007 02:57 PM

When I first arrived here at work 5 years, we had a project log that was sitting in a binder on a desk at the front of building. Whenever we would start a project for a customer we had to assign a job number. The process for getting the job number was getting up and going to the log and writing in a bunch of information.

I asked why don't we just create an Excel spreadsheet that auto assigns a job number for anyone who needs one. The spreadsheet can be placed on the company's website so it can be accessed from your pc. My boss looked at me like I had proposed we come up with a new operating system to combat Microsoft. She told me "that's the way it's always been done and no one complained before. "

BDBohnzie 01-09-2007 03:25 PM

It's human nature to resist change. It takes one out of their comfort zone...

However I'm all for change, especially if it makes my job that much easier.

Mattyk 01-09-2007 03:34 PM

People naturally resist change because of the fear of the unknown. Some would rather march on in mediocrity than taking a chance on improving.

JoeRedskin 01-09-2007 03:36 PM

As long as change doesn't require me to do anything different, I'm all for it!

SmootSmack 01-09-2007 03:39 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;268746]People naturally resist change because of the fear of the unknown. Some would rather march on in mediocrity than taking a chance on improving.[/QUOTE]

Here's where someone makes a witty comment about waiting too long to start Campbell....but it won't be me.

gibbsisgod 01-09-2007 03:46 PM

At my job they always seem to change thing that are working well instead of trying to change the parts that need actually need improving.

Schneed10 01-09-2007 04:12 PM

[quote=TAFKAS;268748]Here's where someone makes a witty comment about waiting too long to start Campbell....but it won't be me.[/quote]

Or bringing in Al Saunders!

TheMalcolmConnection 01-09-2007 04:22 PM

[quote=Schneed10;268702]Word. Is there something specific you have in mind, or is this just more of a generic rant?

My father is the king of "this how I've always done it." It even pertained to how the dishwasher should have been loaded. Once I put the glasses on the bottom and the dishes on the top just to blow his mind. He freaked out at me, LOL.[/quote]

That's funny you bring that up. My fiancee CRINGES when I just LOAD the dishwasher. She might as well just hand wash the dishes because she does that before she puts them in. I dump the crap out, put them in the washer, otherwise that defeats the purpose.

It's her MOM who got her started on that, and she always is like, "That's GROSS." and I'm like, "Shut your mouth and finish that pie."

Don't hurt me honey.

FRPLG 01-09-2007 04:25 PM

I am the dish washer loader in our house. I take pride in being able to load it to capacity. And I also do the bear minimum in rinsing. Otherwise what the hell do we own the thing for?

TheMalcolmConnection 01-09-2007 04:26 PM

EXACTLY. Has anyone else heard of that? She said that most people do it. I think she thinks she can lie to me because I sex her up.

724Skinsfan 01-09-2007 04:44 PM

We have a dishwasher that came with the house. My wife uses it. I don't. I've always been a dirty a dish , clean it after you're done with it. Or I wait until later that evening to do whatever is in the sink.

I'm old school and I ain't never gonna change.

gibbsisgod 01-09-2007 05:07 PM

[quote=724Skinsfan;268796]

I'm old school and I ain't never gonna change.[/quote]Thats what makes you part of the problem.

I wonder how much of a cap hit we would take if we just released 724. He is obviously not a "core" warpather!