Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Senior Bowl Game Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=16888)

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-27-2007 04:11 PM

Senior Bowl Game Thread

Discuss

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-27-2007 04:12 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Game Thread

My boy Patrick Willis shows off his hitting abilities on the first play of the game.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-27-2007 04:24 PM

Okay, I'm talking to myself, but Okoye looks good.

wilsowilso 01-27-2007 04:27 PM

[quote=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;273008]Okay, I'm talking to myself, but Okoye looks good.[/quote]

I don't get NFL network, but it's nice to hear some updates about guys we might like. Okoye blew people away this week from what I've been reading.

SmootSmack 01-27-2007 04:29 PM

I'm trying to watch a couple of the DBs I think we should go after in the 3rd round

[URL="http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/joshwilson.html"]Josh Wilson[/URL]

[URL="http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/marcusmccauley.html"]Marcus McCauley (if he even falls that far)[/URL]

SmootSmack 01-27-2007 04:30 PM

I still want us to get either Anderson or Branch with our first pick. But Okoye has really been looking good all week

Warpath 01-27-2007 04:55 PM

We need a chat room, its hard to watch a live game and trying to keep up a conversation on a message board. Please give us a chat room.

mooby 01-27-2007 07:29 PM

Tafkas don't you think we should get a third round pick before we try to pick someone in the third round? I doubt the FO tries to get any draft picks for this year anyways.

SmootSmack 01-27-2007 07:38 PM

[QUOTE=mooby;273026]Tafkas don't you think we should get a third round pick before we try to pick someone in the third round? I doubt the FO tries to get any draft picks for this year anyways.[/QUOTE]

Um....4th round?

redsk1 01-27-2007 07:48 PM

I think we would do better trading down, maybe more than 1 time to pick up a couple more 1st day picks. We should be able to get a min of two 2nd rounders and a middle 1st round if we trade down. 3 picks vs 1. I'd do it w/ the holes that the skins have to fill, cb, lb, dline, and depth.

Didn't see much of the senior bowl but Josh Wilson could be one of those 2nd round picks. Supposed to be one of the fastest cb's out there. Kind of small though.

Big C 01-27-2007 07:49 PM

okoye would be a good pick i think, plus hes only going to be 20 next year...

mooby 01-27-2007 08:35 PM

[quote=TAFKAS;273027]Um....4th round?[/quote]

Try 5th round lol. We only have a 1st, 5th, 6th, and 7th. And we'd probably have to trade our 5th and 6th to move into the 4th.

SmootSmack 01-27-2007 08:36 PM

[QUOTE=mooby;273039]Try 5th round lol. We only have a 1st, 5th, 6th, and 7th. And we'd probably have to trade our 5th and 6th to move into the 4th.[/QUOTE]

I always forget.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-27-2007 08:38 PM

[QUOTE=Big C;273035]okoye would be a good pick i think, plus hes only going to be 20 next year...[/QUOTE]

I like him too, but I'd like to trade down for more picks.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-27-2007 08:41 PM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS;273040]I always forget.[/QUOTE]

It's easy to forget what picks we have as we give them away in weird ways (e.g. the Atlanta-Denver-DC trade). Kind sad that we go from the 6th overall pick to the 5th round.

SmootSmack 01-28-2007 10:39 PM

So no mention of the fact that the Norv Turner led South offense put up a goose egg. Any other team but the Cowboys, and that would have been a bad audition.

AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace 01-28-2007 11:10 PM

basically he had a very short period of time to coach a bunch of guys who all come from different offensive schemes...I wouldn't put much stock in it

SmootSmack 01-28-2007 11:21 PM

[QUOTE=AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace;273191]basically he had a very short period of time to coach a bunch of guys who all come from different offensive schemes...I wouldn't put much stock in it[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you know that's a good point.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-28-2007 11:40 PM

[QUOTE=AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace;273191]basically he had a very short period of time to coach a bunch of guys who all come from different offensive schemes...I wouldn't put much stock in it[/QUOTE]

Good point. In fact, I wonder why teams put any stock in the game. Granted, the Senior Bowl is a forum in which scouts can see how players match up against other top-flight prospects. However, I still don't see how you can evaluate players based on their Senior Bowl performances. These guys are playing in a totally new (and very basic) offensive/defensive scheme beside players they've never played with or even met and are being coached by total strangers. And it's not comparable to what they will face in the Pros as they will have an entire offseason to get acclimated to the system, coaches, and players before being expected to hit the field in a meaningful game.

Bill B 01-29-2007 03:04 PM

Here is a link to notes on the Senior Bowl practices.
[url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/01/26/senior.bowl/index.html]SI.com - NFL - Okoye's stock rises at Senior Bowl - Friday January 26, 2007 1:01AM[/url]

One interesting thing I saw is this comment:

[B]"4. Quentin Moses/DE/Georgia: The Bulldogs pass rusher checked in much lighter than expected at 249 pounds and was handled all week by blockers. During interviews, Moses did not come off as a confident individual."[/B]

I'll tell you this - the last thing the Redskins need is a 249lb pass rusher who can't fend off run blocking. If we go with a DE in the draft I'd say avoid Moses and if you keep the 6th pick Jamal Anderson has a much higher chance to succeed....

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-29-2007 03:13 PM

[QUOTE=Bill B;273362]Here is a link to notes on the Senior Bowl practices.
[url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/01/26/senior.bowl/index.html]SI.com - NFL - Okoye's stock rises at Senior Bowl - Friday January 26, 2007 1:01AM[/url]

One interesting thing I saw is this comment:

[B]"4. Quentin Moses/DE/Georgia: The Bulldogs pass rusher checked in much lighter than expected at 249 pounds and was handled all week by blockers. During interviews, Moses did not come off as a confident individual."[/B]

I'll tell you this - the last thing the Redskins need is a 249lb pass rusher who can't fend off run blocking. If we go with a DE in the draft I'd say avoid Moses and if you keep the 6th pick Jamal Anderson has a much higher chance to succeed....[/QUOTE]

Agreed, can you imagine Moses and Carter playing at the same time? Ouch, our run defense is bad enough already.

GTripp0012 01-29-2007 03:32 PM

[quote=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;273365]Agreed, can you imagine Moses and Carter playing at the same time? Ouch, our run defense is bad enough already.[/quote]Exactly. We'd become the Colts, except we'd blitz more to give up more big plays.