Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A Kris Jenkins Rumor (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=16910)

ArtMonkDrillz 01-29-2007 07:07 PM

A Kris Jenkins Rumor

So this is just sort of a rumor, so don't get to carried away with it, but I heard it from my dad, who was talking about it at work. I know how people get all pissed off about unsubstantiated rumors, so take this with a grain of salt, but...

My dad builds houses in Montgomery and PG Counties, and today his sales guy told him that [URL="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/5491/"]Kris Jenkins (DT - Car)[/URL] was in today looking for a new places to live with his agent. I know that Jenkins went to UMD, so that could be his only association with the area, but the sales guy (who sounded like he didn't follow football) seemed to think that he was moving to the area because he was going to play for the Skins.
I know free agency doesn't start for over a month, but maybe he knows something and that's why he was looking for a place close to FedEx. Or, it could just be a senseless rumor or miscommunication or whatever, but I figured I'd pass it along anyways.

dmek25 01-29-2007 07:15 PM

Re: A Kris Jenkins Rumor

if i remember right, Jenkins is very good against the run. for the right price, he would be welcome. anyone know if he is injury prone?

SmootSmack 01-29-2007 07:19 PM

He's solid. Don't think he's a free agent, but he might be a cap casualty. Question is can we afford to ressurect other teams' casualties?

hooskins 01-29-2007 07:20 PM

Isn't he old?

AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace 01-29-2007 07:20 PM

well...that'd free up a draft pick...still, I don't like bringing in guys if it means letting guys like dock and jansen walk

ArtMonkDrillz 01-29-2007 07:22 PM

He played in every game this past season, but missed the vast majority of the '04-'05 and '05-'06 seasons because of injuries to his shoulder and knee, respectively.

I just read that he's supposed to be under contract until 2009, so I guess it would have to be a trade, unless they let him go. I really have no idea what to think.

SmootSmack 01-29-2007 07:25 PM

I don't think he should be a priority, if in fact he finds himself on the market.

724Skinsfan 01-29-2007 07:26 PM

[quote=dmek25;273446]if i remember right, Jenkins is very good against the run. for the right price, he would be welcome. anyone know if he is injury prone?[/quote]

Shoulder problem in 2004
Torn ACL in 2005
Played all 16 this year and I think made the Pro Bowl.

If it turns out to be true, I think his price tag will be fairly hefty which makes me wonder if the Skins are looking to trade (Colts?) their #6.

SmootSmack 01-29-2007 07:29 PM

Remember, it could just be he was looking for a house. It may not have even been a house for him. So let's try not to get too worked up...though it is fun to do.

ArtMonkDrillz 01-29-2007 07:33 PM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS;273457]Remember, it could just be he was looking for a house. It may not have even been a house for him. So let's try not to get too worked up...though it is fun to do.[/QUOTE]
You're probably right about that, but like I said, I figured I'd share, at least to stir the pot a little bit.

hooskins 01-29-2007 07:40 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;273458]You're probably right about that, but like I said, I figured I'd share, at least to stir the pot a little bit.[/quote]

Some people, I don't wanna say names, are gonna get all worked up about this thread lol. Watch, just give it until tonight.

56FAN 01-29-2007 07:47 PM

would welcome him, but have no idea how it would be done.

ArtMonkDrillz 01-29-2007 07:48 PM

[QUOTE=hooskins;273461]Some people, I don't wanna say names, are gonna get all worked up about this thread lol. Watch, just give it until tonight.[/QUOTE]I know, and I also have a good idea of who they'll be, but it's the offseason for us and I'm already bored with most of this stuff.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-29-2007 07:48 PM

Kris Jenkins was considered to be the best DT in the league before Shaun Rogers emerged. If people recall, Spurrier was supposedly contemplating making a push to trade for Rogers (who, at the time, was considered to be a lazy underacheiver). Kris Jenkins is a high-risk, high-reward type of player. He's dominant when totally healthy, but he is rarely healthy.

I doubt we're making a push for the guy, but I'd be fine with any attempt to get him. My guess is that Carolina would probably ask to swap 1st rounders (they pick 14th) and pick up a 3rd rounder next season. If we were to do that (which I said I doubt will happen), we could probably pick up a guy like Reggie Nelson, Leon Hall, Laron Landry, Patrick Willis or, if Jansen is leaving, Levi Brown.

diehardskin2982 01-29-2007 07:51 PM

That is similar to a rumor here in washington that Portis is selling his house right now. A guy called into the 980 the local radio station and said it but we'll see