Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Astronaut Charged with Attempted Murder (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/16982-astronaut-charged-with-attempted-murder.html)

SmootSmack 02-06-2007 10:45 PM

Astronaut Charged with Attempted Murder

[url=http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/06/astronaut.arrested/index.html]Astronaut granted bond on*attempted*murder charge - CNN.com[/url]

That's just insane. 900 miles to pepper spray somebody! I guess 900 miles is nothing for an astronaut. If she's found guilty I wonder if the punishment will be to just launch her back into space. A new form of capital punishment-float in space. They could go up in the shuttle and just push her out the door...

AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace 02-07-2007 12:40 AM

Re: Astronaut Charged with Attempted Murder

she wore a diaper on the way to keep from having to stop...that's insane

SmootSmack 02-07-2007 12:44 AM

[QUOTE=AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace;275388]she wore a diaper on the way to keep from having to stop...that's insane[/QUOTE]

old astronaut trick...but yes, that is insane

ArtMonkDrillz 02-07-2007 07:25 AM

See, I think the whole diaper thing might hurt her chances to plea insanity. If she was really nuts she'd probably have just pissed herself without thinking twice.

firstdown 02-07-2007 09:39 AM

[quote=AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace;275388]she wore a diaper on the way to keep from having to stop...that's insane[/quote]THe funny part of that is she had to stop and get gas why not just go then and I guess we can't use the saying "she's no rocket scientist".

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 02-07-2007 09:40 AM

I dunno, wearing a diaper so you don't have to stop is pretty frickin strange.

12thMan 02-07-2007 10:48 AM

[quote=firstdown;275417]THe funny part of that is she had to stop and get gas why not just go then and I guess we can't use the saying "she's no rocket scientist".[/quote]

She's no brain surgeon, that's for sure.

TheMalcolmConnection 02-07-2007 11:06 AM

Because then you have to get the key, pull down your big boy pants, go show Mommy what you did, get your present and then get back in the car.

EternalEnigma21 02-07-2007 11:14 AM

I don't understand why they gave her the attempted murder charge. It seems like an easy charge to beat given the fact that she only possessed a BB gun. It would be extremely difficult to kill someone with a BB gun.

My wife and I were discussing it and we think she's a prime candidate for suicide attempt. Her career is over, her family life is over, and she's constantly being ridiculed by the media.

If she kirked out over being cheated on, I can't wait to see how she's going to handle the pressure she's under now.

RobH4413 02-07-2007 11:22 AM

I think she had a knife too.

She's probably wasn't going to kill the girl, but if she was insane enough to drive 900 miles in a diaper, who knows what she was up too.

ArtMonkDrillz 02-07-2007 11:49 AM

Yeah, on the news last night they said she had a 4'' folding knife, rubber gloves and large garbage bags. Oh yeah, she was also wearing diapers.

(I know we already talked about that last part, but I don't want people to forget that she was wearing Opps! I Crapped My Pants for 900 miles)

Monkeydad 02-07-2007 11:55 AM

Her sanity is still orbiting the Earth in outer space.

See, don't have sex with co-workers!

Monkeydad 02-07-2007 11:56 AM

[quote=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;275418]I dunno, wearing a diaper so you don't have to stop is pretty frickin strange.[/quote]

Really...

How long does it take to go to the bathroom? 2 minutes?

You might need to stop 2 or 3 times in a 9-hour drive...so what's 6 minutes?

She's nuts.

TheMalcolmConnection 02-07-2007 11:57 AM

Maybe she had the switchblade comb that Archuleta had!

firstdown 02-07-2007 12:05 PM

[quote=canthetuna;275440]I don't understand why they gave her the attempted murder charge. It seems like an easy charge to beat given the fact that she only possessed a BB gun. It would be extremely difficult to kill someone with a BB gun.

My wife and I were discussing it and we think she's a prime candidate for suicide attempt. Her career is over, her family life is over, and she's constantly being ridiculed by the media.

If she kirked out over being cheated on, I can't wait to see how she's going to handle the pressure she's under now.[/quote]THe attempted murder charge came at the last minute, I think she was in the process of posting bond when these charges where added. That tells me they found some evidence that made them believe she was thinking of killing her. I just fell bad for the children and her husband which will have to deal with this.