Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Rush Limbaugh on Grossman Bashing (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/17013-rush-limbaugh-on-grossman-bashing.html)

saden1 02-09-2007 06:46 PM

Rush Limbaugh on Grossman Bashing

[URL="http://weblog.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/afb/archives/007418.html"]I am inclined to believe that Limbaugh aught to be taking more medication than he is currently taking[/URL]. I think it's safe to believe that this guys is either insane or the greatest act on the planet.

dall-assblows 02-09-2007 06:48 PM

Re: Rush Limbaugh on Grossman Bashing

rush limbaugh is a f****** dick head. i hate the guy.

GTripp0012 02-09-2007 07:07 PM

[QUOTE]Chris, my comment was a total tweak of the media, a play off my comments about them re: Donovan McNabb. Wanted to see if I could send them into a tailspin again, for the fun of it. And, sure enough, it has. I revealed this a little later in the show to a caller.[/QUOTE]I actually thought this was pretty funny.

I think it's safe to say he was being ridiculous for the sake of ridiculous, but you never know for sure. I do think that SOME (not all) members of the media do carry a bias against white guys in sport, but it's safe to say that all the people in the media who think Chicago would have won the SB with "anyone but Grossman" probably suffer more from a lack of understanding on the game of football than an inherent bias.

Mattyk 02-09-2007 07:12 PM

Sounds like he needs some more of his illegal prescription meds or whatever the hell he's on.

That Guy 02-09-2007 07:27 PM

waste of time.

saden1 02-09-2007 07:28 PM

[QUOTE=GTripp0012;276288]I actually thought this was pretty funny.

I do think that SOME (not all) members of the media do carry a bias against white guys in sport.[/QUOTE]

Please cite instances where that has happened.

dmek25 02-09-2007 07:31 PM

this guy is completely insane. I'm surprised bush hasn't found a place in the cabinet somewhere for him( I'm joking, don't get your panties in a bind)

JGisLordOfTheRings 02-09-2007 07:38 PM

What a f uck head....Rush is DEF nuts...pop another pill and get off the radio dude....not sure though, he tried to make it seem like he was joking or trying to make some doofish point the whole time.

JGisLordOfTheRings 02-09-2007 07:39 PM

holy poo! i got the F word in there with the accidental space

hahaha

djnemo65 02-09-2007 10:37 PM

I hate Rush, but the article does say he was kidding.....

GTripp0012 02-10-2007 12:57 AM

[QUOTE=saden1;276294]Please cite instances where that has happened.[/QUOTE]How about Fisher Deberry's comments about not having enough speed from black athletes to compete or Paul Hornung's comments about not having enough black athletes at Notre Dame?

itvnetop 02-10-2007 01:31 AM

[QUOTE=GTripp0012;276349]How about Fisher Deberry's comments about not having enough speed from black athletes to compete or Paul Hornung's comments about not having enough black athletes at Notre Dame?[/QUOTE]

sorry to nitpick, but deberry's a coach and hornung a former player- not really media persons.

GTripp0012 02-10-2007 01:34 AM

[quote=itvnetop;276352]sorry to nitpick, but deberry's a coach and hornung a former player- not really media persons.[/quote]Those were just the first two that came to mind. I'm sure anyone here could come up with other specific instances involving media people.

saden1 02-10-2007 01:44 AM

[QUOTE=GTripp0012;276349]How about Fisher Deberry's comments about not having enough speed from black athletes to compete or Paul Hornung's comments about not having enough black athletes at Notre Dame?[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked Fisher Deberry is a coach and not part of the media. He's just a frustrated coach and even worse he called black athletes Afro-American players. No f'ing wonder they aren't playing for him given that he is stuck in the 50's. I feel really bad for the kids that were playing for him. Anywho, this is what he said after his team got wupped.

[QUOTE]“It's very obvious to me the other day that the other team had a lot more Afro-American players than we did, and they ran a lot faster than we did. It just seems to be that way, that Afro-American kids can run very, very well. That doesn't mean that Caucasian kids and other descents can't run, but it's very obvious to me they run extremely well. Their defense had 11 Afro-American kids on their team, and they were a very, very good defensive football team. That's exactly what I was talking about.'’

- Fisher DeBerry
[/QUOTE]

As for the lack of black athletes at Notre Dame, I fail to see how that in itself is a knock on white athletes. What was really disturbing about Paul Hornung statement was that he pushing for relaxing Notre Dame's admission standards. I mean, he was basically advocating that Notra Dame use black athletes so ND alumni can feel better about their overrated-10-straight-bowl-losing football program which I find highly offensive. In any case Paul Hornung doesn't exactly qualify as media either. He's just a former ND player voicing is opinion and frustration as an alumni. Any sane person would find what he said offensive.

[QUOTE]"We can't stay as strict as we are as far as the academic structure is concerned because we've got to get the black athletes. We must get the black athletes if we're going to compete."

-Paul Hornung
[/QUOTE]

saden1 02-10-2007 01:53 AM

[QUOTE=GTripp0012;276353]Those were just the first two that came to mind. I'm sure anyone here could come up with other specific instances involving media people.[/QUOTE]

The majority of the media is made up of white people. It's hard for me to believe that they are "bias against white athletes." Unless of course you're advocating that black journalist have bias against white athletes or white journalists suffer from self-hatred.

We all see what we want to see but I completely fail to see where you are coming from. If I missed something, please enlighten me.