Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Iran Supplying Weapons to Iraq? (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/17028-iran-supplying-weapons-to-iraq.html)

12thMan 02-11-2007 06:17 PM

Iran Supplying Weapons to Iraq?

Does anyone else find this disturbing that Iran could be supplying weapons to Iraquis?

What a huge mess this is turning out to be, and at this point we really don't have the military personnel to make any serious threat to Iran.

ArtMonkDrillz 02-11-2007 08:42 PM

Re: Iran Supplying Weapons to Iraq?

Well at least Iran is in between Iraq and Afganistan, so the US could possibly us both countries for staging purposes if need be.

This whole thing is pretty unsettling.

That Guy 02-11-2007 10:22 PM

not really new information, and this isn't the first time another country has funneled tech ;) the US and russia do it all the time, the chinese in korea, etc etc.

724Skinsfan 02-11-2007 10:47 PM

[quote=That Guy;276623]not really new information, and this isn't the first time another country has funneled tech ;) the US and russia do it all the time, the chinese in korea, etc etc.[/quote]

No kidding. You can be sure the Iranians are going to do everything to keep Iraq as unstable as possible. Any involvement the Iranians have with regards to Iraq shouldn't be surprising.

GhettoDogAllStars 02-12-2007 01:19 AM

I agree with That Guy and 724 -- definitely not surprising. And you know the gov't will use this as media fodder to enrage the public (and possibly justify action), all the while ignoring the fact that we supplied several countries with weapons, only to later regret it. How convenient. :doh:

FRPLG 02-12-2007 08:09 AM

[QUOTE=GhettoDogAllStars;276642]I agree with That Guy and 724 -- definitely not surprising. And you know the gov't will use this as media fodder to enrage the public (and possibly justify action), all the while ignoring the fact that we supplied several countries with weapons, only to later regret it. How convenient. :doh:[/QUOTE]

What does that mean?

Hog1 02-12-2007 08:20 AM

Nothing new, just more reason to get Iran's ass right now. The hog1 is totally enraged

GhettoDogAllStars 02-12-2007 09:04 AM

[QUOTE=FRPLG;276652]What does that mean?[/QUOTE]

It means our gov't (like any) is hypocritical.

Schneed10 02-12-2007 09:06 AM

[quote=GhettoDogAllStars;276656]It means our gov't (like any) is hypocritical.[/quote]

So?

GhettoDogAllStars 02-12-2007 09:09 AM

[QUOTE=Schneed10;276657]So?[/QUOTE]

It's just an observation. I don't like hypocrites. Do you?

Schneed10 02-12-2007 09:31 AM

[quote=GhettoDogAllStars;276659]It's just an observation. I don't like hypocrites. Do you?[/quote]

I don't care if they're hypocritical when they're doing things that protect our troops.

If they get mad at Iran for supplying bombs that might kill our troops, I'm OK with that. I'm also OK with it if they have supplied technology/equipment in the past if it meant that it weakened our enemies in the past.

If Iran is going to do this crap, it's an act of war in my opinion. I think we ought to be thinking about launching some long range missile strikes from our ships in the gulf at all of their military installations and potential nuclear facilities.

12thMan 02-12-2007 09:32 AM

What's really disconcerting to me is not the news in and of itself, but the fact that militarily we're spread so thin.

I almost get the feeling Iran feels emboldened because of that.

firstdown 02-12-2007 09:33 AM

[quote=GhettoDogAllStars;276642]I agree with That Guy and 724 -- definitely not surprising. And you know the gov't will use this as media fodder to enrage the public (and possibly justify action), all the while ignoring the fact that we supplied several countries with weapons, only to later regret it. How convenient. :doh:[/quote]
I guess your refering to us supplying Iraq with weapons when they were at war with Iran. At the time we had no beef with Iraq only Iran (remember the US hostages in Iran). I'm not sure what Nation was supplying Iran but we did not want them to expand their country and need Iraq to win or at least stop them. I guess with a little hine site it would have been best if they just wiped each other off the map.

12thMan 02-12-2007 09:33 AM

[quote=Schneed10;276665]I don't care if they're hypocritical when they're doing things that protect our troops.

If they get mad at Iran for supplying bombs that might kill our troops, I'm OK with that. I'm also OK with it if they have supplied technology/equipment in the past if it meant that it weakened our enemies in the past.

If Iran is going to do this crap, it's an act of war in my opinion. I think we ought to be thinking about launching some long range missile strikes from our ships in the gulf at all of their military installations and potential nuclear facilities.[/quote]

Launching missles is the last thing we need to do and the last thing we will do in my opinion.

Schneed10 02-12-2007 09:35 AM

[quote=12thMan;276668]Launching missles is the last thing we need to do and the last thing we will do in my opinion.[/quote]

Care to elaborate? Why is it the last thing we need to do?