Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Charles Barkley vs. Dick Bavetta (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=17083)

gabe1984 02-19-2007 10:00 AM

Charles Barkley vs. Dick Bavetta

Did anybody catch the Charles Barkley vs. Dick Bavetta race on Saturday night before the slam dunk contest? That was really weird. For those of you who did not see it, Barkley, who's 44, raced a 67 year old NBA official named Dick Bavetta 3 and 1/2 court lengths. I don't know how the whole race got started, I think Barkley must of said something about how old Bavetta was and Bavetta took it personally, and somehow the race idea came up.
Anyways, before the race started Barkley was acting like a complete jackass. I like Barkley too, but they had him and Bavetta at half court for like a pre race interview type thing and Barkley is poking fun at Bavetta, and you could tell that Bavetta didn't really like it, he just kept his head down, and said "I just want to thank Charles for giving me the oppurtunity to participate in this tonight." Or something like that. Then Barkley was all like, yeah, this is a great race because we're giving a bunch of money away to charity. We're giving............then he pauses and has to go walk over to these kids holding this huge check for $50,000 to the Boys and Girls club. He had no idea what charity it was, it was like he didn't care, he looked like such a jackass!
I was like, I really hope something happens to him during the race for acting like such an asshole. Well, something did happen, but it wasn't until after.
So,they start the race and Barkley beats Bavetta convincingly, he back peddles at the end to taunt Bavetta, and then he stumbles and falls over the half court line, as Bavetta dives to try to beat him, at the end of the race they're both lying on the court. So then they go and hug each other and congratulate one another and the weirdest thing happens. Bavetta kisses Barkley on the lips!!! It was so strange. At first I thought that maybe he was trying to kiss him on the cheek and me missed, so my buddy rewinded it cause he has TIVO, and nope, he just flat out planted one right on Barkley's mouth. The look on Barkley's face was hilarious. And I was just thinking, that's what you get for acting like an ass Charles, everyone got to see you and an a decrepit old man have a homo erotic moment on national television!

That Guy 02-19-2007 11:06 AM

Re: Charles Barkley vs. Dick Bavetta

um, maybe you're reading way too much into this?

SmootSmack 02-19-2007 11:07 AM

[QUOTE=That Guy;278439]um, maybe you're reading way too much into this?[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly

Hog1 02-19-2007 11:16 AM

Hardaway under cover?

gabe1984 02-19-2007 11:35 AM

[quote=That Guy;278439]um, maybe you're reading way too much into this?[/quote]
um, did you see it?

SmootSmack 02-19-2007 11:37 AM

I did

gabe1984 02-19-2007 11:39 AM

what am I reading too much into? It was weird! I'm not saying the guy is a homosexual, I just thought it was strange that he kissed Charles on the lips. You don't find that weird?

SmootSmack 02-19-2007 11:51 AM

Here's the video for those wondering:

[url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=1VXabqElO2A]YouTube - NBA on TNT All-Star: Charles Barkley vs. Dick Bavetta[/url]

I think just the natural personalities they each have makes it look bad (to some). But I think it was all in good fun and for a good cause

AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace 02-19-2007 01:06 PM

I'm glad I didn't see it...because I like Barkley. He's hilarious. Did anyone see him talking about Hardaway? He pretty much called the guy an idiot. Did anyone else who saw that notice how much he was fidgeting...almost like he had Parkinson's Disease.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 02-19-2007 03:35 PM

It was strange and I don't care to kiss men on the lips, but it's not a big deal. Notify me when it progresses to tongue action and then it will be a story.

hooskins 02-19-2007 03:50 PM

Yeah it really isn't a big deal. I love it when events like this happen, and it begins to stir to homophobic monster in the majority of the population...

You seriously have to a school boy if you think that was wrong, or even worst suspect homosexuality...

gabe1984 02-19-2007 03:58 PM

oh boy, look what I've started. I don't think there was something wrong with it, I don't think either one of them is a homosexual, i just thought it was strange!

hooskins 02-19-2007 04:06 PM

[quote=gabe1984;278498]oh boy, look what I've started. I don't think there was something wrong with it, I don't think either one of them is a homosexual, i just thought it was strange![/quote]

Yeah I do agree it was strange, I wasn't particularly responding to you.

wolfeskins 02-19-2007 05:41 PM

the whole thing, from start to finish, was probably staged.

dmek25 02-19-2007 08:15 PM

it was alittle weird, but it was great entertainment