Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Fifth Anniversary Awards (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/17195-fifth-anniversary-awards.html)

JoeRedskin 02-28-2007 01:21 PM

Fifth Anniversary Awards

Just for fun:

Nominations open for:

Best 'Skins Related Post
Best Off-Topic Post
Funniest "Non-Super Happy Fun" Post
Funniest "Super Happy Fun" Post

Best Skins Related Thread
Best Off-Topic Thread
Funniest Thread

Best Non-moderator Poster
Most Obnoxious Poster
Wittiest Poster
Best Moderator

Anyone wanna take a shot? Not a simple task given the number of posts and threads. Just thought I'd throw it out there for shits and giggles.

GhettoDogAllStars 02-28-2007 01:22 PM

Re: Fifth Anniversary Awards

I nominate Kidwell for most obnoxious poster.

MTK 02-28-2007 01:27 PM

Denim Monger for President!

Big C 02-28-2007 01:30 PM

Wittiest Poster-TMC
Best Moderator-SmootSmack

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 02-28-2007 01:41 PM

[QUOTE=Big C;281386]Best Moderator-SmootSmack[/QUOTE]

I thought we had something special Big C.....guess not. ;)

I don't always agree with him (in fact we frequently disagree), but GTripp's posts are always well-written and thoughtful. I'd vote for GTripp as the most thoughtful poster.

TMC definately wins the "funniest poster" award in my book.

I too would give SS (aka TAFKAS) the nod for best mod.

Big C 02-28-2007 01:44 PM

[QUOTE=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;281389]I thought we had something special Big C.....guess not. ;)[/QUOTE]

u didnt sleep with me, he did...so he wins :Smoker:

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 02-28-2007 01:45 PM

Also, feel free to bash me, but I'd prefer to avoid making any derogatory remarks about any other [I]current [/I]members. Let's keep it positive.

ArtMonkDrillz 02-28-2007 02:15 PM

[QUOTE=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;281393]Also, feel free to bash me, but I'd prefer to avoid making any derogatory remarks about any other [I]current [/I]members. Let's keep it positive.[/QUOTE] is the term "[I]douche bag[/I]" derogatory?

hesscl34 02-28-2007 02:48 PM

Ohhhhh, please let me duck under the radar........

GhettoDogAllStars 02-28-2007 03:17 PM

I think you'd have to give the award for Best Off-Topic Thread and Funniest Thread to SHFT.

TheMalcolmConnection 02-28-2007 03:58 PM

I don't want to touch any of these with a ten-foot pole because I'm a sensitive bitch and don't want to hurt any feelings.

Since I got some nods for being funny, I should probably write something funny here...

...some day.

TheMalcolmConnection 02-28-2007 04:05 PM

[IMG]http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4643/picture001cz2.jpg[/IMG]

All I could think of, so I just pounded a bottle of Bullseye BBQ just for you guys. That's right, YOU.

ArtMonkDrillz 02-28-2007 04:17 PM

Geeze, the weather warms up to 48 degrees and you bust out the unnecessarily tight short sleeved shirts. I'd hate to see a picture of you when the temperature hits 60.

TheMalcolmConnection 02-28-2007 04:23 PM

I take off my skin and muscle fibers.

ArtMonkDrillz 02-28-2007 04:26 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection;281530]I take off my skin and muscle fibers.[/QUOTE]So you're one of those "boneys" I keep hearing about. Interesting.

ps- I've had too much caffine today.

TheMalcolmConnection 02-28-2007 04:28 PM

You will NEVER see my "boney".

Your sister on the other hand...

:biggthump :D

dmek25 02-28-2007 04:33 PM

i used to go over to that other site, and we have alot of intelligent, hard core people around here. too bad i cant think of one right now:)

ArtMonkDrillz 02-28-2007 04:33 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection;281539]You will NEVER see my "boney".

Your sister on the other hand...

:biggthump :D[/QUOTE] I didn't mean it that way. Damn you and your ability to twist any and everything into a sexual reference about my sister.

TheMalcolmConnection 02-28-2007 04:36 PM

LOL.

You still never showed us that pic you bastard!!!

TheMalcolmConnection 02-28-2007 04:38 PM

And on a side note to prevent from hijacking yet another thread...if you're on my AIM buddy list, you know where you stand in my book as far as awards go.

ArtMonkDrillz 02-28-2007 04:42 PM

Good point, back on topic.

My favorite Off Topic post is still The Official WP Man Law thread.
One of the funniest, IMO, was actually a real/non-PL one about thread hijacking where the term "scat-related" was used multiple times in a serious way.

MTK 02-28-2007 04:42 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;281554]And on a side note to prevent from hijacking yet another thread...if you're on my AIM buddy list, you know where you stand in my book as far as awards go.[/quote]

I'll take it that I'm a loser then

:(

TheMalcolmConnection 02-28-2007 04:43 PM

You never told me! I asked one time and was horribly rebuffed (circa Clueless)!

ArtMonkDrillz 02-28-2007 04:44 PM

I also vote for myself to be The Most Obnoxious poster because I am constantly burping, farting, and picking my nose as I browse the site. Then again, I guess it doesn't really effect most of you people on a regular basis.

TheMalcolmConnection 02-28-2007 04:46 PM

THIS is most obnoxious poster:

[IMG]http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/19/GLA7035.JPG[/IMG]

Cliche much?

12thMan 02-28-2007 04:47 PM

Man Law get's my vote for best off-topic thread:)

TheMalcolmConnection 02-28-2007 04:48 PM

AH! I second that.

12thMan 02-28-2007 04:52 PM

I think the funniest post was when Mheisig talked exstensively about his poo - to the point of using words like dexterity and viscosity.

12thMan 02-28-2007 04:59 PM

Wittiest Poster? I gotta vote for Brudlee.

I remember I started a thread and mispelled 'genius'..and mentioned Brud's name in the same sentence. Suffice it to say, he just so happened to be the first to respond and proceeded to point out my error.

Til this day, I've been in a 12 step program trying to get my self-esteem back.

Daseal 02-28-2007 05:07 PM

JoeRedskin, you have too many top threads polls. No one remembers threads, everyone remembers the people behind them!

Most annoying goes to EARTHQUAKE69

BrudLee 02-28-2007 05:08 PM

[QUOTE=12thMan;281573]Wittiest Poster? I gotta vote for Brudlee.

I remember I started a thread and mispelled 'genius'..and mentioned Brud's name in the same sentence. Suffice it to say, he just so happened to be the first to respond and proceeded to point out my error.

Til this day, I've been in a 12 step program trying to get my self-esteem back.[/QUOTE]

I haven't posted since the middle of October, and I still win $#!+.

Hooray, me!

MTK 02-28-2007 05:09 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;281560]You never told me! I asked one time and was horribly rebuffed (circa Clueless)![/quote]

LOL I'm rarely ever on AIM anyway

TheMalcolmConnection 02-28-2007 05:22 PM

[quote=12thMan;281573]Wittiest Poster? I gotta vote for Brudlee.

Til this day, I've been in a 12 step program trying to get my self-esteem back.[/quote]

Also one of my favorites. There are quite a few on the comedy team which is far too numerous to name. Again, I'm a punk bitch and don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Daseal 02-28-2007 05:50 PM

Dear Malcolm,

I'll help you get your balls back tomorrow on AIM. Hug it out, bitch!

SmootSmack 02-28-2007 05:53 PM

Best Skins Related Thread-It's a 2,000 way tie

Best Off-Topic Thread-I've said it before. You can go to other message boards and probably find some Man Laws, some discussion about favorite pies, links to super happy fun videos...but I'm sure no one, I repeat NO ONE, has a post as bizarre as Question 3. We should trademark that sh*t

Funniest Thread-I'm sure there's some "LaVar is God, and Ramsey is Allah" thread out there that made us all laugh out loud

Best Non-moderator Poster-Saden (sleeper pick: Dynamite Rave-she should post more often)

Most Obnoxious Poster-Whoever I ban next ;)

Wittiest Poster-ArtMonkDrillz

Best Moderator-The salary cap info that CrazyCanuck is unique to any message board, and invaluable. Unfortunately, considering the constant state of flux with the Skins and the cap it's probably more invaluable than we'd like it to be. But I gotta go with CrazyCanuck

ArtMonkDrillz 02-28-2007 05:58 PM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS;281616]Best Off-Topic Thread-I've said it before. You can go to other message boards and probably find some Man Laws, some discussion about favorite pies, links to super happy fun videos...but I'm sure no one, I repeat NO ONE, has a post as bizarre as Question 3. We should trademark that sh*t[/QUOTE]

A buddy of mine was telling me about a weird thread on the Phillies board that he posts on. Apparently one of the frequent posters broke up with his girlfriend, so she signed up on the site and started posting dirt on him. Eventually she started mocking his anatomy, so he decided to confront that challenge head on... he posted a picture of his own junk! After the madness of that started to die down she brought up the fact that he accidentally burned down her parents house and killed her chinchilla or some such crap.
Still, that's nowhere as bizarre as Q3.

On a different note, Taf, I'll wire you that money tomorrow ;)

hooskins 02-28-2007 06:27 PM

How about that dude that dubbed Matty the Ego, he should win something.

hooskins 02-28-2007 06:28 PM

And Kidwell, I remember his little battle with us.

ArtMonkDrillz 02-28-2007 07:48 PM

What about the person that hijacked GTripp's screenname (I think it was his, I apologize if it was someone else's) and introduced the one known as Titface to the Warpath. That was pretty classic.
Another poster that I enjoyed was a cowboys fan called something like RandleElandArchuletta?. He came here and ran his mouth off, making such claims as "Santana Moss is a terrible receiver" and then we proceeded to tear him a new one like it was his first night in the slammer.
Those were good times.